D&D 5E (IC) (OneShot) JustinCase's Within The Circle

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
The goblin cowers, then without answering moves back from the door. His posture low and unthreatening, it lets any of you move ahead to knock or otherwise use the door.

JustinCase

You are confident that the goblin is looking for ways to trick you and take advantage of knowing its own home. There’s something about knocking that may be bad news for you, but you’re not sure what, exactly.

When James confronts the creature, a malicious smile crosses its face for only a tiny second before the familiar groveling returns.

”No tricks, I swear. We need to let the Chief know who’s coming, so they don’t accidentally kill friendly visitors. We must knock exactly four times.”

It looks up at you, the picture of innocence and compliance, but you cannot discard the brief flash of an evil smile just moments before...

Azurewraith

Explorer
"I tried I warn you that we couldn't trust a goblin. You short stack open Belig's door" James idley motions with his dagger at the goblin.

James did not want to murder women and children but if that's what it came to, he was not going to die before he could make a mends.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Check the door please, Master Hermain. And if its locked I have a knocker right here." The tiefling says hefting his morningstar and giving an evil grin of his own. "If it is not, then we will do what I always do. Drop in unannounced."

OOC: Tarboun guarding the goblin? If so Thadius will stay near the door, next to James and have his shield at the ready. i.e. Dodge

JustinCase

This sturdy, dusty wooden door, lacking paint in places, has seen better days but is still very servicable. James finds no signs of traps, not on this side of the door nor hints that the other side is any different. The big metal lock shows a large and simple key hole, and it is obviously unlocked. You find evidence that the one unlocking it had used not a key but certain thieves’ tools, because the remnant of one such delicate instrument is still wedged in the lock.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goblin lair
Evening
Round 0

“You know they are goblins. What they lack in physical stature they make up for in cunning. I wouldn't be surprised if opening that door ran into a hobgoblin platoon," James said.

Magdalena snorted. “Shows what you know. Hobgoblins are a different breed entirely. We would have faced some by now, if they had them. They would not have left the entrance undefended,” she told James.

She cringed at the wailing goblin infants. she stepped up to the door to knock as the goblin said, four times, but was stopped by the others. She paused and waited, sword ready, as James pushed t the door.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 8/12 HD: 1/1d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 0/5

Prepared Spells:

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Need to buy torches.
[/sblock]

JustinCase

Edit: Please ignore this post, I misunderstood.

The door opens slightly, and you see a large, torchlit circular room. It seems less vandalized than the rest of the rooms. Wooden shelves line the walls, covered with books of all shapes and sizes. An intact divan sits to one side of the room. An overstuffed chair has been placed on top of stacked books to form a makeshift throne.

One of the bookcases has been moved aside to show a once hidden door, the same color as the wall.

A goblin sits on the throne, wearing an improvised crown made of cutlery in a leather belt, and it looks at the door in annoyance.

”I told you to keep that door closed,” the chief bellows, ”I can’t stand that wailing!”

OOC: Apart from chief Krig, there are four goblins in the room. None of them seems to expect an attack, so you can choose to do so for a surprise round, or you could try diplomacy. Or something else, of course.

Last edited:

Remove ads