D&D 5E (IC) (OneShot) JustinCase's Within The Circle

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
As Gorir walks up to look at the tome James hands him, Traubon follows. The two dwarves look through pages upon pages of flowing script. For a moment, neither speak, lost in thought. Then the cleric remembers all the serpent motifs in this place, and the pieces of the puzzle seem to click.

It's a book made specifically for the yuan-ti snake people! The punctures in the sheets is where long forked tongues can flip the page, and the text must be in the yuan-ti language.

Traubon nods, excitedly, as he flips back through the book. "Yes, yes, it's difficult to descipher, but there seems to be a logic to it. I only need a week or so to learn what it says."

OOC: Not sure where you got the +5 from on Religion; it's not on your sheet. Unless you meant Insight. It's a good roll, though, so you figure out a lot.

Also, congrats group on discovering that the Circle is a group of yuan-ti, undercover here in the Baron's quiet lands! I'll let you roleplay a bit more before concluding the adventure.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Yes Congrats everyone on a fun game. And way to go JustinCase for giving us an adventure with a puzzle that could lead to further adventures for another brave group of adventurers in the future.

Now I need to go write up my revival post.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goblin lair
Evening
Round 0

“Yuan-ti?” Magdalena said with disgust. “Wonderful. Now we have that problem to worry about. Let’s get this book back then. The Circle are obviously not here anymore. And let’s take these, too, lest they start being used again.” She picked up the sacrificial bowl and dagger and put them in her pack. “We should let the muckdwellers know they can have their home back. And let the village know their goblin problem is taken care of.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 8/12 HD: 1/1d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 0/5

Prepared Spells:

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Need to buy torches.
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goblin lair
Evening
Round 0

“Yes, there is that. You want to bury him here in the swamp? Perhaps we should take him back with us. His kin might want the honors.”

Magdalena considered if they could get the body back before it started to smell.

OOC: Also, anything on him we can loot? LOL

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 0/5

Prepared Spells:

[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Need to buy torches.
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goblin lair
Evening
Round 0

“Not me,” Magdalena said. “I am not a cleric, and I have not yet learned to cast spells other than a bit of healing. We could stop by the village and see if they have anything to offer. A casket, perhaps.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 0/5

Prepared Spells:

[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Need to buy torches.
[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Alright, you've found the tome that explains who is behind the mysterious Circle that the Baron worked for, and removed the goblins from the depot, making Thistle safe from future poisoning attempts. You will find some gold and minor items while searching each room, which I will detail later.

Just one question: What do you do with the goblin Belig, now still locked in the privvy?

After I get an idea of what you want to do with him, I'll detail the end of this game.

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: I totally forgot about him!
"What do we do with the one locked in the privy? I vote we leave him as a slave for the lizard people to make a mends for evicting them"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases