Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Iron Gods

Kaodi

Hero
Olrich attempts to zap the nearest beetle with electricity but between the sickening feeling in his stomach, the fatigue in his arms and his precarious position on the water's edge the mage is unable to quite complete the gestures necessary for the spell. "Damnation!" he exclaims, annoyed. "Once this foe is neutralized the tactical space necessary for me to unleash more effective magical attacks without being disrupted will become available."

OOC: Concentration: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12, Jolt: 1D20-7 = [20]-7 = 13, 1D3 = [1] = 1 . Darn. If I had just made that concentration check I would have hit despite the -7 attack penalty. That would have been sweet.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

HaileyNavarre_zpsf91b3661.jpg

Hailey jabbed again with the rapier, disappointed that the first poke had not skewered the thing. But melee combat was just not her forte. She need space to move as well so she could have some separation to be able to take ranged shots.

“I hear ya, Olrich! Things go much better when we can hit them from a short distance away.”

The beetle’s hard shell was punctured by the thin, pointed blade.

[sblock=Actions]No change to the map
Attack Beetle 1: Rapier: 1D20+2 = 21; 1D6+2 = 4, Rapier Crit Confirm: 1D20+2 = 4; 1D6+2 = 8[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30 (20 with Backpack)
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14 (Chain shirt) , CMD 16
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3
HP 12; Current: 12
Conditions in effect: Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot
Grit: 3/3
Deeds: Gunslinger Dodge, Quick Clear, Up Close & Deadly

Weapon in Hand: Rapier[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Combat Rounds 1 & 2 Wrap Up

Olrich attempts to zap the nearest beetle with electricity but between the sickening feeling in his stomach, the fatigue in his arms and his precarious position on the water's edge the mage is unable to quite complete the gestures necessary for the spell. "Damnation!" he exclaims, annoyed. "Once this foe is neutralized the tactical space necessary for me to unleash more effective magical attacks without being disrupted will become available."

Zeta dances aside from the beetle's attack, but has trouble hitting the tiny, skittering target!

Hailey jabbed again with the rapier, disappointed that the first poke had not skewered the thing. But melee combat was just not her forte. She need space to move as well so she could have some separation to be able to take ranged shots.
“I hear ya, Olrich! Things go much better when we can hit them from a short distance away.”
The beetle’s hard shell was punctured by the thin, pointed blade.
Hailey hits the beetle and it slumps to the ground.

Undaunted, Twist lunged with his dagger a second time at Beetle3.
Twist's jab opens another wound on the beetle.

Aja moves and swings her morningstar at Beetle3.
She connects and the beetle goes down.

Vandor swings his morningstar at Beetle5.
He hits and the beetle goes down.

The lone beetle bites at Twist but fails to connect.

G

Guest 11456

Combat Rounds 2 & 3

Initiative:
Olrich-15
Zeta-13
Hailey-23
Twist-22 (Dex 18)
Aja-22 (Dex 16)
Vandor-19
Beetle-18

Everyone is up.
Please post when you can.
I will sequence actions in initiative order.

Note the raised area to the right requires a climb check (DC: 10) in order to move there.

CURRENT MAP

Conditions:
Olrich is fatigued and sickened
Twist is fatigued
Vandor is sickened
Aja 6/10
Hailey 11/12
Beetle1 Dying
Beetle2 Dying
Beetle3 Dying
Beetle4 Healthy
Beetle5 Dying

Fatigued: -2 Str & Dex
Sickened: -2 Attacks, Weapon Damage, Saves, Skill & Ability checks

Please take these into account when you are taking your actions.

Kaodi

Hero
"Suddenly it seems a lot of tactical space has opened up but I do not think I will be needing it," comments the arcanist wryly. Should it be necessary he supposes he could try the 'hail deity' play and try to zap the bug again, but he holds back for the moment and mostly tries to give as much space as possible to anyone who wants to skirt around to attack the bug from his and Twist's right.

OOC: Going to delay and see what happens with everyone else.

Graybeard

Explorer
Vandor

Vandor did a quick survey of the area. There was still one beetle left but he was not in a good position to attack it in the cramped area. Deciding to hold off in case more of the pests showed up, he kept a keen eye out.

Vandor will delay in case more beetles show up. If not, then he can help heal those injured.

[section]Twist wiped beetle gore off his dagger. When he realized a fourth beetle had come harrowingly close to biting him while he'd been defending Zeta, Twist scampered backward, away from the remaining insect.[/section]
[sblock=OOC] Withdrawing away from the beetle, across the beach. Hopefully this clears space for others to get at the last bug. I'm at a ball game and can't manipulate ditzie; please move Twist. [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

HaileyNavarre_zpsf91b3661.jpg

Hailey yanked the thin blade from the fallen beetle and moved closer to the last one still accosting them. With the others waiting for someone else to do something, she paused a moment as well wondering what was going on.

She had a clear angle to throw a chakram at the last beetle, but Twist needed to disengaged first. She opened her mouth to ask him, but he was already moving away.

“Good, now let me try this.”

Drawing one of the whirling blade, she flung it past Aja only to miss by a finger's breadth and hit the wall behind it.

[sblock=Actions]Delay to make Initiative now 22, between Twist and Aja
Draw Chakram
Ranged attack on Beetle 4 (1d20+6=12, 1d8+2=4) [/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30 (20 with Backpack)
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14 (Chain shirt) , CMD 16
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3
HP 12; Current: 12
Conditions in effect: Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot
Grit: 3/3
Deeds: Gunslinger Dodge, Quick Clear, Up Close & Deadly

Weapon in Hand: Rapier[/sblock]

Remove ads