Pathfinder 1E [IC] Paths of Legend: Resurrection

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Astor shrugs, "I'm passable with a crossbow I suppose. Getting one of them offguard sounds like a good idea, though. Who is sneakiest and has the best chance of grabbing one and bringing him back?"

The ratkin grumbles a bit, "Sneaky but not so tough. Nope, not me."

The orcs, meanwhile, have suddenly become alert, watching the other side of the bridge as a squad of dwarves comes down the trail from the direction of Silvergard.

The lead dwarf yells a greeting...and one of the orcs responds in kind.

"Hail and well met. Any sign of the enemy?"

"Not as yet. The raids continue further down the trail, however. The enemy continues to place blame on us, though we know not why."

The lead dwarf nods, "Lord Muzdum has sent word to the capital but fears the birds may have been shot down en route. We have yet to hear anything from our allies to the east as well."

Astor's expression shifts from anger to confusion and he whispers to the others, "What in the name of the Ten is going on here?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Donall Harkness, Human Ranger

BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Donall watched with keen interest and was puzzled as the orcs and dwarves appeared to be allies and working together. He glanced at Astor with a concerned look as he remembered the dwarven woman’s assassination attempt.

If the question had been rhetorical, the ranger did not care. He replied in a low tone to keep his voice from carrying, “Well, Astor, it is like this.”

“The dwarves and orcs are friends and they are freely claiming some other enemy is raiding the trade route, while making sure we have received alleged intelligence pinning the blame on the orcs.”

“They have allies to the east too. Just who do you suppose they mean?”
the ranger asked with an almost accusing look on his expression.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +5 Perception: +5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +5 CMD: 18(15ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Current Conditions in Effect: Quick Draw, Power Attack (-1 Att/+3 Dmg)

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 5/5 Remaining[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Annika shakes her head slowly. "I don't think that's it. It sounds to me like these orcs and dwarves are allies, but someone else is trying to stir up trouble against them by spreading rumors that the orcs are murderous marauders. They're trying to get word out, but their messages are being intercepted."

She looks over at Astor.

"I think we would do well to approach them in peace and hear what they have to say."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Donall looked back at Annika, “Umm, that is pretty much what I said.”

Since the woman’s forte was talking and persuasion, the ranger shrugged and then nodded.

“Her suggestion is a good as any. I do not generally like orcs, but that is because they tend to be evil and untrustworthy. But if they are allied with dwarves, then something else is going on that is outside of typical behavior.”

“Hopefully we will not be attacked on sight.”

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Peregrin peers at the dwarves and orcs. "It certainly looks like they are allies, but perhaps these orcs have found a way to convince the dwarfs they're not to be feared. Could still be dangerous."

Turning to Astor, the small monk says, "Perhaps we should approach them in a non-hostile way while keeping a wary eye on the orcs. Do you want me to do that? I'm not very good at diplomacy, however. But I don't see any reason why we shouldn't all go together, approaching the dwarfs first."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Astor looks apprehensive, "No. I suppose I should be the one to do it. Um...Donall, you and the ratkin stay back and out of sight, just in case things get...interesting. Annika and Peregrin, I'd appreciate some company."

With that, he steps into view of the guards at the bridge and walks boldly forward. Before he can get a word out, the lead dwarf exclaims, "You're alive?!"

Astor raises an eyebrow, "Last time I checked. You know me?"

The lead dwarf nods, "Aye. You're in grave danger Captain Astor."

Astor looks over at the orcs, "And you? What's your part in this? How is it that dwarves and orcs speak on friendly terms?"

One of the orcs reaches beneath his leather armor and pulls out a pendant on a simple leather necklace. On it is the symbol of Thanyx, member of the Ten, god of death, and patron of the orcs...at least in name. According to rumor, most orcs had rejected the fledgling deity. These orcs, however, had apparently embraced him.

"We are disciples of Thanyx and friend to any who acknowledge the inevitability of death and despise the undead as we do."

Astor looks at Annika and Peregrin, uncertain how to proceed.

Shayuri

First Post
Annika steps forward alongside Astor and says, "Why don't you explain what's going on? We were led to understand this area was being attacked by orcs, not undead."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Without being given a choice in the matter, Donall stayed put as Astor asked.

His faith in the leadership of the man faltered with Astor’s poor tactical decision. If things went badly with the orcs, there was little he could do about it except try to escape and report back on Astor’s death.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], are you still with us?

The lead dwarf approaches Astor and Annika, "Vedlund's scouts have been raiding the road between there and Silvergard and blaming it on the orcs. We got word that that Lord Jannus even hired an assassin of some sort to kill you."

Astor shakes his head, "No, I refuse to believe that."

One of the orcs says to Annika, "You misunderstand our lord, Thanyx. Undeath is a torment, a punishment that he inflicts only on those who seek to defy death. It is our duty to seek out the willful undead - liches, some vampires, and the like, and destroy them."

OOC: Donall, please make a perception check.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Donall remained watching over the proceedings.

Perception (14)

Remove ads