Pathfinder 1E [IC] Paths of Legend: Resurrection

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Donall Harkness, Human Ranger

BardAvatar1_zps91b65909.jpg

Donall looked back at Astor after Anika did not answer and shrugged, "I'm not sure, but I had not been thinking of that big of a ruse like a fake caravan."

"All I was figuring to do was just not be covert and make a bunch of noise. Then we could be ready for them to attack us. Unless someone else any further ideas?"
he shrugged again.

"Would setting fire to the mountain side be all that bad for us?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +5 Perception: +5
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +5 CMD: 18(15ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Current Conditions in Effect: Quick Draw, Power Attack (-1 Att/+3 Dmg)

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 5/5 Remaining[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Annika shifts uncomfortably.

"A fire, once started, goes where it will," she says quietly. "Not necessarily where you want it to. It might work, it might go very wrong. It's something to consider if all other options turn up dry, I suppose."

"It seems to me that orcs aren't so different than other people though, in terms of their needs. They need shelter, they need water and food. If we find any of those things, we're certain to find orcs. If we climb higher, we'll have a commanding view. Rooftops, ponds and lakes and rivers...good hunting grounds. Any of those things could work for us."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Apologies for the delay. Had some real life issues to sort out last week. [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], are you still with us?

Astor sits on the cliff's edge and tosses rocks while he thinks, "The road up to Silvergard is pretty heavily wooded on both sides until you get to the plateau itself, so we won't be able to get a good view of anything. We could take the other fork and the trail through the mountains and try to get to Estelle's Point, which provides a good view of both sides of the mountain range. But, its also dangerously close to the Necropolis...not a place I want to go near. Its also several days out of our way. Otherwise, I imagine we just follow Donall's plan and raise a ruckus."

OOC: So, what's the consensus? Where are you going and how are you getting there?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Peregrin

OOC: Yes, I'm still here!

Peregrin looks thoughtful. "The plateau near Silvergard seems like a good place to get a view. And who knows, perhaps we will run into some orcs before we reach it? Setting things on fire, fun though that might be, seems a dangerous path in these woodland areas and might attract more orcs than we can handle at once. So I'm voting for the plateau."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Donall shrugged, “Yeah, it is probably not the best idea to burn the forests around here to the ground.”

“The necropolis sounds like a place to find more undead and we should handle one problem at a time.”

“We can proceed to wherever, I am not so picky. But we should take a route that has better visibility so we will not get ambushed while we are trying to draw attention to ourselves, yeah?”

[sblock=OOC Note]Voda Vosa posted back on 19 Mar or so about a RL issue and has not returned yet to the game I am DMing either.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Going to NPC [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION]'s character for now. [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], are you still with us?

Astor heads back toward the trail, "To Silvergard, then. Well, at least until we run into some orcs."

The trail becomes narrower as it heads further into the mountains. One wonders how supply and merchant wagons manage to navigate it as the group reaches the point where it winds its way up a cliff face, the trail literally carved out of the rock and barely wide enough for three to walk abreast.

By late afternoon, the group approaches a bridge suspended over a narrow valley that descends at least a thousand feet below. And there the group finally spots orcs. Two groups of four stand guard at either side of the bridge, brazenly standing out in the open.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Donall took one look at the orc forces arrayed before them and motioned them all to back way and out of sight again. Even though they were some distance away, he kept his voice down.

He had a wry grin, “Heh, we found the blighters.”

“Well, we barely outnumber each group, but not by enough to ensure we can dispatch one before the other group came across the bridge to reinforce them.”

“I recommend we engage the near ones at range to make them come to us. Maybe there is a good defensible position we can use to fire at them from as well,”
he added while looking around the area.

“How are you guys at using longer ranges weapons?” Donall asked them all, including Astor.

[sblock=OOC]Donall's Survival to look for defensible place in the terrain (19)
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Peregrin

"I've only got a few shuriken, so nothing long range," Peregrin replies. Peering at the distant orcs, the halfling muses, "I wonder if there are others, hidden from sight. Couldn't we capture one of them orcs without being noticed, to question him? Like when he has to find a place to do his 'business', away from the others?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Donall nodded, “Sure, that is not a bad idea. There is no need to rush this.”

“Mayhap we should find a place to watch and observe their habits and shift changes.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet

Shayuri

First Post
"I'm a fair shot with my crossbow," Annika says, "But my magic is mostly shorter in reach." She looks up at the sky, then adds, "We shouldn't wait until nightfall, regardless. They'll have the advantage then."

Remove ads