[IC] Return of the Runelords

Scotley

Adventurer
Teodor looks at Michael with an arched eyebrow. "Even with the bugs and the mold?" He shrugs. "I don't know much about furniture, but so far I have seen nothing in this place I'd want to bring home." He shudders. No haunted furniture for me, he thinks.
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Yes, those are shelves.
A sickeningly sweet scent hangs in this room’s otherwise stale air. Mold and fungus grow up the side of the northern walls, and what was once a table lies decayed and slumped to the floor at an angle. A door and a stone hearth occupy the west wall of the room, the oven’s door slightly ajar.

OOC: Map
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Stepping into the room Shendra looks askance at the open oven door, and the at the wall of mold. "This place," she says, shaking her head. She reinvokes the spell that allows her to propel objects through the air at a distance and points towards one of the shards of wood on the ground. Perhaps she can use it to gently wedge the oven door wide open.
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Shall we take the northern stairs then? I can take the lead, unless someone wants to poke around at the moldy furniture." Michael makes it pretty obvious that he has no intention of poking at the upholstery.
 

Scotley

Adventurer
Teodor waits to see what Shendra finds in the oven. "Something about the smell here disturbs me," he says to no one in particular.
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
What seems to be a mass of diseased fibers growing on a plant suddenly moves and slithers independently from its sickly host. It slams into Shendra doing 1 point of damage and 4 points of acid damage. Everyone roll for initiative.

OOC: Map
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
The mass tries to slam Shendra again but seems to have misjudged the oracle's position and misses. Michael moves in and around the creature. It tries to slam him but again misjudges where the fighter was going and misses. Michael swings at the creature but in his rush to get into position swings wide. Mei moves in behind Shendra and lets loose a jolt of electricity, but it misses its mark. Everyone else is up.

OOC: Map
Initiative:
20 Ooze
15 Michael
13 Mei
09 Teodor
08 Teea
05 Shendra
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
The oracle steps away from the creature and says a few hurried magical words between gritted teeth as she passes her hand over the burning wound the creature had dealt her. A soothing energy spreads over her, relieving Shendra of the pain of her wounds and her ankle.

OOC: Taking a 5 ft. step and casting cure light wounds, [roll0]. Does relieving the non-lethal damage from the porch mean her speed will be back to normal?

Map: https://beta.ditzie.com/96344/5cf7b17489999
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I hope a sword will do something against this creature," Michael states as he swings wildly at the monster.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Teodor quickly moves into the room and stabs at the creature doing 7 points of damage with his shortsword. Then Teea moves up and points her musket into the room. She fires it and hits the creature for 10 points of damage. Then Shendra steps back and heals herself. Her leg is feeling better now. The creature tries to attack Teodor but misjudges the rogues location and misses. Next Michael swings his sword once more at the creature. This time he connects for 15 points of damage. The creature or whatever it was slumps to the floor not moving. Combat over.

OOC: Map
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"My heroes," intones the oracle, fluttering her eyes a bit and giving a sheepish grin. Even with the obvious humour the effect might be enough to get (or keep) any available gentleman's heart racing. "Now where were we?" Shendra adds, stepping over to the stove and giving the door a good shove open with her foot.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Sighing Shendra says, "I would rather we take the south stairs, but then I seem to have had a knack for stirring things up, so we can do it your way if you wish." The oracle idly wanders back towards the south room to take a look a quick look at the shelves though first.

Perception: [roll0]
 

Advertisement

Top