• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.

PF [IC] Return of the Runelords

Neurotic

Adventurer
OOC: Michael and Teea are affected...how? Do we need a save? Also, does readied action trigger in surprise rounds?
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
[roll0]
OOC: Argh! Good start. The action below assumes we don't get frightened or something equally unpleasant occurs.


Teea startles and her gun wavers, she obviously wasn't as ready for anything as she thought.
"Eek! What is that thing!?" she screeches internally.
On the outside, she steps back from the thing and a bit to the side bringing her weapon back toward the melee.
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Michael is feeling fatigued after the creature bit him and his load feels a bit heavier then it did a moment ago. Michael and Mei are up.

OOC: Map
17 Michael
15 Mei
13 Monster
13 Teodor
07 Shendra
06 Teea

Note: There was no saving throw for that which is effecting Michael and Teea. I also will post when it seems to effect you instead of giving everything away at once. The only ones that get top act in a surprise round are those that are not surprised. In this case the bad guy.
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael steps to the side to allow others to attack, then takes a long, tired swing at the creature in front of him.

[roll0]
Masterwork Sword Damage
[roll1]
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Michael swings his with sword connecting with the creature. But he can tell that the swing is less effective then he would have thought (you are fatigued and the sonic effect makes all attacks and damage -1). Michael's damage is 10 (-1 from sonic and -1 for -2 to strength from fatigue. Likewise your total to hit ended up as a 20 for similar reasons). Mei steps over and flings electricity at the creature. It hits for 2 points of damage. The creature reaches out and touches Michael. I need a will save from Michael before we move on.

OOC: Map
13 Monster
13 Teodor
07 Shendra
06 Teea
17 Michael
15 Mei
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Michael notes two things, he seems to have less will power (-1 to will saves due to sonic effect) and he has completely lost his voice. AS if it was stolen. Everyone is up.

OOC: Map
13 Teodor
07 Shendra
06 Teea
17 Michael
15 Mei
13 Monster
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
OOC: I already posted my first round action with my initiative but I am going to put it here again just to clear up any ambiguity.


Shendra sinks to the ground, her knees failing her. The cool haughtiness the others have come to expect from her had softened noticeably once they had gotten caught up in the rough in tumble of exploring the lower level. But this, this was all wrong. The feelings of helplessness and loss she had for having deserted her daughter was a scabrous wound that was being most violently ripped open in her first outing (in this body). The oracle weakly raises her arm and traces a symbol in the air. "S-Shelyn..." she stammers, the rest of her prayer for guidance going unsaid.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Teea points her musket toward the thing and presses the trigger

[roll0]
[roll1]
OOC: probably not confirmed (touch AC 12?) - 2 damage or 16 damage depending...damage is so far under the average that it is painful to watch :) (average is 26)
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

Adventurer
With great thunder and lots of smoke in the small room, the attacker disappears from sight for the moment
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Teodor advances closer to the door, but the press of his companions leaves him little room to act. For now he waits, weapons ready, for an opening. Shendra sinks to the ground, her knees failing her. The cool haughtiness the others have come to expect from her had softened noticeably once they had gotten caught up in the rough in tumble of exploring the lower level. But this, this was all wrong. The feelings of helplessness and loss she had for having deserted her daughter was a scabrous wound that was being most violently ripped open in her first outing (in this body). The oracle weakly raises her arm and traces a symbol in the air. "S-Shelyn..." she stammers, the rest of her prayer for guidance going unsaid. Teea points her musket toward the thing and presses the trigger. With great thunder and lots of smoke in the small room, the attacker disappears from sight for the moment. It appeared to be a well placed hit but the thing dodged the bullet a bit. The damage was minimal. Michael continues to attack the creature hoping that his strength will hold out. He strikes true for 15 points of damage. Mei again tosses some electricity at the creature. The spell strikes true for 3 points of damage. The creature attacks Michael again trying to bite. It hits for 3 points of damage. I need a fortitude save for Michael. Everyone is up.

OOC: Map
13 Teodor
07 Shendra
06 Teea
17 Michael
15 Mei
13 Monster
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Shendra goes absolutely still for about the space of a second, her eyes closing, and then she lets go of her spear and moves to unsling her crossbow. Her hand reaches towards her supply of bolts and only then do her eyes open as she places it in the groove and then quickly turns the crank to draw the string back.
 

Scotley

Villager
Teodor sees a gap and slips between his companions and through the doorway. Once into the room he hurls the dagger he had ready at the foe and pulls another from its scabbard.

[sblock=rolls][roll0] [roll=1d4+1[/roll] Well hell, I seem to have botched the code on the rolls here please see the OOC where I had a 20 to hit and 5 on damgee. [/sblock]

https://beta.ditzie.com/96344/5d2e3c8f222f9
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Teea quickly reloads the weapon and another thundering shot shakes the dust in the small room. This one, equally precise, with the creatures ability to maneuver limited by greater number of people in the room, seems deadlier - the bullet slams into the unbleeding body with a solid thud.

Her face blank, focused fully on exact movements needed to reload the weapon quickly, the girl seems in a trance. The mantra repeating in her head
"I do not aim with my hand; she who aims with her hand has forgotten the face of her father.
I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand; she who shoots with her hand has forgotten the face of her father.
I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; she who kills with her gun has forgotten the face of her father.
I kill with my heart."

Over and over again as she works her weapon.
[sblock=Actions]
Move: Reload
Standard:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Reaction if the creature tries to attack her:
Gunslinger's Dodge: 1 grit to move 5' and gain +2 AC as a reaction (Or drop prone, +4 AC) - move out of reach if possible or prevent charge by moving aside, +2 AC
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Damn it! Anyone know what the hell this thing is," Michael asks through clenched teeth as he tries once more to end the thing.

HP: 10/15

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
Fortitude Check
[roll2]
 

Advertisement

Top