[IC] Return of the Runelords

Kaodi

Hero
"Are there others about?" asks Shendra, momentarily casting her gaze around before turning her attention to wound inflicted on Michael with its bite. "You Tells seem to have a bit of a knack for getting burned," she says as she examines the damage done by the things corrosive saliva. Then she passes her hand over the wound while muttering a few words and a soothing energy flows into Michael, binding flesh and mending the wound.

Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael takes a water flask out and cleans the wound of the remaining acid as best he can. "Thank you Shendra. I certainly didn't expect an acid attack. We'll have to be wary of meeting more of those."

Scotley

Hero
Teodor keeps his sword in hand lest there be more of the strange creatures about. He gestures the the remains with his blade. "What are those things? Not ghosts." His eyes are a little wild but his hand is steady on his blade.

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=Scotley]Teodor successfully identifies (Knowledge: dungeoneering) these creature as Fleshdregs, small aberrations. They are immune to mind-affecting effects and have some spell resistance. Also there are actually seven varieties of these weird creatures. They all have a bite attack with some other type of damage. It would appear that these were Wrath Fleshdregs because its additional damage is an energy damage of the Fleshdreg's choice. Just assume that you slept and remembered in the morning as you thought about the creatures.[/sblock]Shendra's healing helps Michael's wound close.

Eventually you all decide to get a good night's rest and start fresh tomorrow.

After a night's rest Michael is only down 1 hit point.

It is Fireday, Arodus 31, 4718 AR. The previous night you decided that you would meet at the Creekside Tavern and Inn in the morning. Everyone is equipped for the unknown. Audrahni is there and she has some things for you. "I inherited a few potent items from the previous caretaker." She hands Shendra a thin baton and a silk pouch. "This is a wand of cure light wounds and the pouch contains some vials of holy water. The wand has thirteen charges left and there are six vials. If Roderic is indeed haunting his home, he may be very dangerous. As I am sure you already know the wand can harm his undead spirit as surely as it can be used to heal you. You should focus on exploring the Wreck and looking for clues as to how to put the ghost to rest, rather than directly confronting him, and do not hesitate to flee the building if things get too dicey. It is better to flee, regroup, and try again than to die."

Also, Jarb Brogan shows up to tell you that Randolf is feeling ill and will not be joining you today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scotley

Hero
Teodor's eyes are black rimmed this morning and it appears he did not sleep well. At the comments about fleeing he reddens a bit. "We see the ghost we may have no choice but to flee." Despite the bitterness of his words he has a smile for Audrahni, "Thank you for the gifts. I expect they will prove most useful." Once the group is ready to venture forth Teodor reveals the reason he slept poorly. "I lay awake a long time last night thinking about the strange creatures we fought last night. I think I know what they were--Fleshdregs. The are strange creatures, aberrations. So alien that their minds are immune to magics that would influence normal creatures. They can sometimes resist other magic too. There are seven different kinds of these Fleshdreg creatures. They all bite. I think the ones we faced are called 'Wrath'. Which certainly seems to fit in with the other clues we've found. But dammed if I know what it all means. I think they could have done other things besides acid, like fire or electricity." He shoulders his pack. His gear has obviously been checked and rechecked in the night. "No use speculating here all morning. Might as well get to it."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael shrugs and says, "Try sleeping around a wound from an acid burn if you want to talk about being uncomfortable. We'll all have to get used to a little bit of discomfort in the coming day, and I doubt we'll all come about unscathed. What could have made such creatures come close to civilized land, and do they often travel far?" He looks around then asks, "Is everyone ready to go after a quick bite to eat?"

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra holds the wand delicately in one hand as she gently presses the tip against the pointer finger of the other. "A potent item," she says, looking it over appreciatively. "Hopefully it does not come to using it offensively."

Shayuri

First Post
"Yokai are often in the grip of emotions too powerful to reason through," Mei-Ying warns. "Even the spirit of a good man may need to be confronted."

She stabs the last bite of breakfast with her dagger tip and carefully bites it back off the blade.

"But we cannot kill his spirit with the powers at our command. He will continue to return until we can ease his suffering."

With a nod at Audrahni, Mei adds, "Thank you for the gift. We will do our best to free this spirit from his torment."

G

Guest 11456

After you finish your breakfast, you head for Roderic’s Wreck. You feel a bit better equipped with the items that Audrahni gave you. It looks like it is going to be a pleasant day. Before long you can see the building in the distance and everyone hears a faint buzzing from the building. As you get closer, suddenly four tiny shapes fly from under the front porch and head directly for you. Mei-Ying can easily determine that these are stirges. Right now they are more then eighty feet away but at the rate they are flying they will be here soon.

OOC: Everyone roll initiative and give me actions. Map

Scotley

Hero
https://beta.ditzie.com/96344/5c742777e1f43

OOC: [roll0]

Teodor shifts to get a clear throw at the oncoming foes and slips a dagger and sword from their sheaths. He steels himself to wait until the foes are close enough to target. "Remind me to look for a bow next time we go shopping at the Circle Market," he quips trying to cover his nervousness.

Remove ads