[IC] Return of the Runelords

Kaodi

Adventurer
"Oh," exclaims the seer. It was good to have a knowledgeable person around. Maybe she could press Mei Ying more on this subject later. "Then I guess we can try to finish up here quickly and then go back to investigate in town." She turns back to Roderic, and makes a small gesture, lifting up one hand to her chest and punching out with it a bit. "We are on the case, and we will endure, Sir Roderic." Then once everyone is out she closes the door.

"So, if we know the map is not in the painting... Do we still want to try and grab it? Or should we just head downstairs?"

Neurotic

Adventurer
"Mapmaker. Hidden cove. Traps and treasures. Of course we're taking it. If for no other reason then to spite that evil spirit." Teea manages uncharacteristic VENOM into her voice.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Adventurer
"Fair enough, I suppose," says the seer. "But I want you to stay back this time. You were already thrown out the window once. Your uncle and I can try our luck dealing with it again while Teodor grabs the painting. Mei Ying and yourself will bring up the rear, do what you can, but stay out of the room as much as possible. Once we have the painting in hand we all withdraw unless it is clear we can win the fight. Does that sound good to everyone?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael is about to ask, "Cover you against flying objects how?" But he shuts his mouth before he can utter the words. What is going to happen next should at least be educational.

Scotley

Adventurer
Teodor readies a dagger to toss, but feels pretty helpless. "Alright Teena, we'll do our best for you, but I'm feeling pretty out of my element here. We really don't have much room to support you."

Kaodi

Adventurer
Shenda gives nods and gives the girl a concerned look. But she gives a short count of, "Three, two, one," and then throws the door open.

Neurotic

Adventurer
Teea takes a quick look inside and rushes into the room. She takes the picture from the wall and runs back toward her companions.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael readies his blade but stays outside. As soon as his niece is back and clear, he steps behind her fleeing body in order to offer protection.

Tailspinner

Explorer
Teea is able to quickly run into the room, grab the picture and run out without incident. However she does notice something under the far chair as she moves through the room. She is now back out of the room with the picture.

Neurotic

Adventurer
OOC: something...what? Or if I didn't see exactly WHAT, is it alive, used to be alive, never was alive? How big?

Neurotic

Adventurer
Assuming it is smaller than the chair (since it is under it):

"There is something else!" Teea says breathless and rushes back in.

Tailspinner

Explorer
As Teea heads back into the room to grab whatever is under the chair, a skeletal, ghost-like humanoid appears on the far side of the room once more. However she is resistant to its effects. She is able to grab the item and leave the room as the humanoid begins to fade from view. Once outside the room she is able to see that the item is a crystal stopper like that that would be used to stopper a fine decanter.

Kaodi

Adventurer
Now that the picture has been liberated from the grasp of the spirit Shendra takes a few moments to look over it, tracing in the air over the ragged slash through the canvas. "I hope my magic is up to the task of repairing this," she says. "I have never tried it on a work of art like this before. But that will be a task for later. The spell is more time consuming than most."

The seer pauses a moment to glance around the room, thinking about what they had seen in each room, though her avoids looking at the room with the cradle and that terrible thing. She takes a few steps towards the back stairs. "Time to find out what lurks in the basement, I suppose."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael nods and says, "I'm just relieved that we were able to get through one challenge without getting anyone hurt. Alright, let's head to the basement then. I'll take point."

OOC: If there is nothing else to do, Michael will head to the basement and open the door.

Neurotic

Adventurer
Alright, let's head to the basement then. I'll take point."
She takes a few steps towards the back stairs. "Time to find out what lurks in the basement, I suppose."
Teea looks bewildered for a moment.
"What!? What about this? The thing disappeared, maybe it is its focus or something. We should check the room again."
Shrugging
"You go ahead, I'll just take another peek to see if the ghost reapears."
With that, she carefully inches inside the room to check for the ghost, decanter and anything else interesting.
"If the ghost appears, I'm close to the door. I am fast. They don't care that I run inside twice."

Tailspinner

Explorer
As Teea peeks into the room she sees that things are beginning to swirl around the room like before. She sees no sign of a decanter other then bits of glass.

Tailspinner

Explorer
The group heads downstairs to the
back hall. A door that opens to the space beneath the stairs is boarded over. The doorknob is broken off and a steel spike has been driven into what used to be a lock. Who is attempting to open the door and how are they proceeding?

Advertisement