log in or register to remove this ad

 

[IC] Return of the Runelords


log in or register to remove this ad

Tailspinner

Explorer
The old woman smiles. "Trouble!? I have heard of no trouble. No I am just fine out here. Kolton, that nice young man, checks on me every once in a while." Then she sees the dwarf on the horse. "Sorry, you will have to leave that animal on this side of the river. As you can see my barge is much to small for a beast so large. But it will be able to carry myself and the five of you I believe."
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You would leave this worthy steed on the wrong side? And you can take all the rest? Imagine how it feels to be so singled out." The dwarf pats ponys neck. "You go and take the rest over and then return for the two of us, alright? You get two fares instead of one. But we don't leave our own behind."
 
Last edited:

Tailspinner

Explorer
She shakes her head. "It is not that I am leaving anyone behind by choice. It is simply a question of weight and weight and weight distribution. My barge cannot accommodate your beast. It is not made to carry such an animal."
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Can it swimm next to the barge? It is not too wide here and it should help if she can lean on the barge so not to get pushed by the current?"

OOC: @Tailspinner, how difficult would it for unencumbered horse to swim over? Also, if needed, summon natures ally has medium dolphin that can help :) or Drath himself with monkey fish, but he obviously would prefer aquatic creature :)
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I wouldn't risk leaving your mount behind in town with all the craziness of late. If we have to, we'll hike it instead," Michael declares.
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
She thinks for a moment and then nods her head. "Yes. I believe your beast can make it across. The current here is not bad. It can make it without too much of an effort. I would probably remove everything from it so that can cross unencumbered." Then she pauses for a moment. "What are you planning on doing that you need such an animal over there?"
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Thank you. What do you mean what I plan to do? I plan to ride her. I'm old, these kids are young." Drath says good-naturedly. He unloads Night and calls her into the water, holding the reins.
"Come on, girl, you'll get a good meal of oats on the other side. Come on."
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Shendra says a few encouraging words to their equine companion - bolstered, of course, with divine magic.

OOC: Casting guidance repeatedly to help with those swim checks - whether real or assumed.
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
She thinks for a moment and then nods her head. "Yes. I believe your beast can make it across. The current here is not bad. It can make it without too much of an effort. I would probably remove everything from it so that can cross unencumbered." Then she pauses for a moment. "What are you planning on doing that you need such an animal over there?"
"Ma'am, it's an expensive beast and we would rather not leave it back in town in these trying times," Michael says in way of answer. "Thank you for understanding."
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
The woman nods as she slowly makes her way to the barge. "Well! I am Hallen Rosker and it will be 4 coppers for a trip across the river."
 

Scotley

Adventurer
Teodor pays the copper coins happily and smiles at Shendra. "I was all too willing to pay the gold crowns," he says sheepishly. He turns to the dwarf. "Can I give you a hand unloading the pony?"
 


Tailspinner

Explorer
After Teodor pays the four coppers and then Michael tries to as well, Hallen speaks up. "No! Just the four for the trip. Not four per person." She smiles and allows all to load and she begins the trip across the river with the pony following closely.
 



Tailspinner

Explorer
The trip across the river is about 10 minutes and before you know it you are unloading on the other side. Just as you get the pony up out of the water, you hear Hallen curse under her breath. Turning your attention toward the south you see a lanky woman casually flipping a coin in one hand step out of the woods with four smiling men. "Roadkeepers," Hallen says under her breath. "Just give them what they ask for and they'll let you on your way. That one who's flipping the coin is Lullaby Vancaskerkin. She’s a piece of work—you’d best not be giving her a reason to get angry." Lullaby steps forward and nods to Hallen. The old woman replies with a scowl and a rude gesture. She prepares for the trip back across the river. As she starts to leave she repeats her warning. "Just pay up and there won’t be trouble." Then Lullaby addresses your group. "Welcome to the scenic Churlwood. As you are no doubt aware it takes time and money to patrol this dangerous forest and to keep its trails nicely pruned and free from clutter." As her smirking companions step forward between her and you, Lullaby says "Although it pains me to ask for 'charity,' I’d appreciate a 'donation' of 10 gold from each of you." Hallen gasps at the amount asked for by Lullaby. Teodor realizes that that amount is 20 times the amount the Roadkeepers typically charge.

OOC: Map
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael turns his back to the highwaymen for a moment and whispers to him, "Take a look at the nearby woods and tell me if you see anymore of them."

He then turns back towards the robbers and approaches the group. "And on whose authority do you collect these tolls? I don't recall you being on the payroll of Roderic's Cove. Besides, it looks like we outmatch the lot of you. I would suggest you would be better off paying us for your protection." He says the last point while tapping his sword and staring down the man in front of him.

OOC:
Intimidate Check was 13. Should be 14. Forgot to make it a +2 roll.

Map: ditzie
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The druid dries out the pony quickly, surreptitiously looking around.
As druid leaves the horse and dwarven envoy joins Michael up front he whispers "I don't see any others."

"You are to be commended for taking such a thankless job, good lady, gentlemen."
He nods to the group "Unfortunately, we're bound in the similar circumstance, saving Rodericks Cove and going about Janderhoff business. You wouldn't want dwaves to track you down because an elder needed to pay a toll, right? You know dwarves and their gold..."

OOC: I'll adjust the text depending on the perception result :)

Perception; Diplomacy: 1D20+11 = [8]+11 = 19; 1D20+7 = [8]+7 = 15 two 8s...random :)
Diplomacy as aid to intimidate since I'm late for pure diplomacy
 
Last edited:


Most Liked Threads

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top