log in or register to remove this ad

 

[IC] Return of the Runelords

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: new map under Actions

Drath retreats away from the aggressive bandits waiting to see what they do.

He speaks in a crackling voice of fire. One weapon glows red and the bandit yelps dropping it, his hand badly burned.

Init: 1D20+1 = [4]+1 = 5 - not fast as usual

Action:
5' step behind Michael

Standard action:
Burning disarm Ref DC 16: 3D4 = [2, 4, 3] = 9 - standing on the ground and using place magic for +2 to caster level
Drop the weapon - take damage if save not made
If the weapon cannot be dropped (gauntlet, locked weapon) then no save
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael doesn't wait for the robbers to get their courage back, but instead he acts while they are still surprised at his response. "Time to clean up these roads! Let me show you dogs how we used to treat your kind back in the Magnimar Guard!"

OOC: Pulling out his sword and attacking Roadkeeper 1.

Init: 26
Attack: 10
Damage: 13

 


Kaodi

Adventurer
Shendra takes a small but weighty step forward, fluttering her eyes slightly at the assembled bandits before her mesmerizing gaze locks with that of Lullaby. "Surely this is all just an unfortunate misunderstanding?" she offers, her voice buttery smooth. "This is a dangerous time, maybe protection fees have gone up, but either you have made a small slip of the tongue and misspoke the amount or perhaps you were just about to say why you have chosen us for this new rate - and on who's behalf."

Diplomacy: 1D20+11 = [19]+11 = 30
Initiative: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Michael swings his sword at Roadkeeper 1 and misses. Next Roadkeeper 3 swings his sap at Drath, hitting the dwarf for 2 points of nonlethal damage. Next Michelle casts a spell and the four Roadkeepers drop to the ground snoring. Next Teodor throws a dagger at Roadkeeper 2 and hits for 7 damage. This does not seem to wake him up. Next Shendra pleads her case. Something is different about Lullaby and she speaks up. "Perhaps we should let these people alone and go somewhere else." Drath moves to behind Michael. What do you do now. Lullaby no longer seems threatening.

OOC: Map
Initiative:
26 Michael
21 Roadkeeper3
21 Michelle
19 Teodor
17 Shendra
13 Lullaby
05 Drath
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"There, child, is this really what you want out of life? To find someone tougher to beat you into submission. How about you tell us who put you out to do this and we plead for mercy for you?"

Drath feels about the place where the bandit hit him and shrugs. "We should probably bind them before they wake. Good work lass." he nods to Michelle and focuses on his connection to the earth feeling the surrounding area for corrupting influence of the runelords.

OOC: Standard action: Spirit sense: detect the presence of undead; fey; outsiders; and astral, ethereal, or incorporeal creatures. This ability functions like detect undead, and the druid detects all of these creatures rather than trying to detect one kind.
 

Scotley

Adventurer
Teodor draws his swords, but does not advance. He glances at the others trying to gage their mood for more violence.
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael nods at Drath while he cuts some cloth from the clothes of the sleeping men and binds Lullaby's arms before moving to tie up the men. "I think we need to get them to the local magistrate for questioning and sentencing. What say you, Lullaby? Are you their leader or were you made by someone else to get into this life of banditry?"
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
While Michael binds Lullaby and the four men, Drath tries to sense things but finds none. Lullaby does not respond to Michael's question.
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael towers over Lullaby and says, "Alright sunshine, when we take you to speak with the law around here you'll wish you had a friend. See, the law isn't going to take kindly to your robberies and are likely just to hang the lot of you. Now your buddies out there are going to wonder whether or not you squealed on the lot of them, so you're probably dead meat since you got caught. I can say a good word or two for you on your behalf if you cooperate. Otherwise, you can hang and I'll get what I want out of your sleeping buddies over there. So what's it going to be?"

Intimidate: 14
 


Kaodi

Adventurer
The seer passes her spear behind herself and grabs one end with her other hand, bracing it against her back, as lazily steps towards where the others bound up Lullaby, slowly swaying side to side with each step. When she gets there she then plants the butt on the ground to steady herself as she crouches down to be at eye level with the bandit. She has a brief thought about the small aches and pains she had been developing as she aged, back before she acquired this 'fresh' new body.

"This is all a bit dramatic, is it not?" she asks as she gently reaches out to grab Lullaby's chin, moving her face to one side and then the other as she gives her an appraising look. She then locks her gaze with the other woman's. "We had a bit of an altercation, a teensy bit of blood was spilled maybe, but no one was robbed and no one died. I do not see why anyone needs to be hanged. Someone was just having a bad day. But then we had a nice chat and they told us all about what had troubled them so that they felt the need to waylay us in the woods." Shendra arches an eyebrow. "Is that not right?"
 



Kaodi

Adventurer
Shendra gives a small sigh as she tilts her head forward, putting the fingers of her free hand to forehead and thumb to cheekbone to prop it up. She tilts her head back up and then pulls her hair over her shoulder. "You were willful as a child too, I will wager, weren't you?" comments the oracle. "Why does everyone always have to be so tight-lipped about their dastardly plans? What's the matter, did you sell your soul to a demon from Hell? Pledge your heart to a dashing but villainous sorcerer, or incur a debt to a faerie prince?"

She braces herself against her spear and rises to her feet then gestures with her palm up to the side. "Or is it just something boring like, 'Oh, my employer will hurt me if I give up his secrets,' ? I really hope there is more to it than that - that would be disappointing."
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Shendra gives a small sigh as she tilts her head forward, putting the fingers of her free hand to forehead and thumb to cheekbone to prop it up. She tilts her head back up and then pulls her hair over her shoulder. "You were willful as a child too, I will wager, weren't you?" comments the oracle. "Why does everyone always have to be so tight-lipped about their dastardly plans? What's the matter, did you sell your soul to a demon from Hell? Pledge your heart to a dashing but villainous sorcerer, or incur a debt to a faerie prince?"

She braces herself against her spear and rises to her feet then gestures with her palm up to the side. "Or is it just something boring like, 'Oh, my employer will hurt me if I give up his secrets,' ? I really hope there is more to it than that - that would be disappointing."
"They may be more afraid of their employer than of us. But just as easily, they could be confident that their employer will get them out. Maybe they are regular and legal militia that just took a bit of initiative. We wasted enough time, bind them all to the tree, separate not together, and let the wolves or demons have them whatever arrives first."
Drath nods to Teodor
"Thank you, lad."
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Michelle says, "Just a moment." She pulls out her spellbook and studies it for a moment. Then she casts a spell at Lullaby. Lullaby's eyes glaze over and she begins to smile.

Michelle: "How are you doing, now, friend?"
Lullaby: "Fine. Why am I tied up?"
Michelle: "It is just a precaution. You might hurt yourself."
Lullaby: "Oh! OK."

Michelle turns to her group. "What do you want me to ask her?"
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"I could have done that if I wanted to," sulks Shendra. "But it takes all the fun out of it. And it is not very nice."
 

Scotley

Adventurer
Teodor turns from the task of loading to stare at the magic being used. As always the magical power of spells fascinated him. "How about 'who does she report too?'"
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael adds, "Might also ask if there's any other dangers or points of interests that new travelers should know about out here. A friend would want to keep another friend safe, after all."
 

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top