log in or register to remove this ad

 

[IC] Return of the Runelords

Kaodi

Adventurer
Shendra pauses and retracts her hand, eyes narrowing ever so slightly. "Better your bird than me, I suppose," she says stiffly.
 

log in or register to remove this ad



Kaodi

Adventurer
"I have to get uncomfortably close to use my magic," says the oracle. "So keep your eyes open for an ambush. I would rather not be perforated over a trinket." And with that Shendra makes a motion in the air, this time not feigned, and cautiously advances to a point where she can attempt to grab the necklace with her eldritch reach.

Perception: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18

OOC: I was also expecting a possible helping of murder tree so I was just trying to be cute with Shendra trying to communicate the question, 'Should I risk trying to grab it with my magic?' without actually saying it out loud in case there are enemies about. The reach of mage hand is 30 feet in any case.
 


Kaodi

Adventurer
"That is certainly curious," intones the seer as makes another motion in the air. As her senses were enhanced to detect the presence of magical energies she concentrated on the scene in front of here.
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Shendra casts another orison. Indeed as she focuses on the amulet it radiates as magical. Concentrating longer she determines that it is faint aura and that it is from the abjuration school.

OOC: I rolled your spellcraft for you.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"Some kind of protective magic has been placed upon the amulet, though I cannot tell whether it is an enchantment for the wearer or just something to anchor it to the tree," says the seer. "This all seems a bit elaborate though for this not to be a trap. Perhaps Poe will have to chance retrieval after all."
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Can someone summon a disposable creature instead. I would hate for something bad to happen to Poe," Michael says as he tries to see what he can about the state of the bodies from the distance he is standing at.
 


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"The creatures called are not disposeable and you shouldn't treat them as such." Drath admonishes the young warrior.
"That said, you may have the right of it. Poe, come down!"

Ooc: I understand if the bird is already there, but if not, calling an eagle, exchanging Heightened Awareness for SNA
 
Last edited:

Tailspinner

Explorer
You cast your spell and the eagle arrives where you decide ready to attack. Where is it arriving and what is it attacking?
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ooc: it is arriving high in the air above the tree, plucking the amulet off the tree in a dive :)
 



Tailspinner

Explorer
The eagle appears above the tree and dives at the amulet. Although the summoned creature seems to hit the object it appears to remain in its place. The eagle makes a second attack, which misses, before winking out of existence. Meanwhile Teodor has had time to circle around the Edge of the area finding nothing of interest. It is difficult to determine the cause of death of the men from this distance.
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"If no one can think of a different plan, I'll go forward and at least try to retrieve the men while avoiding the tree and amulet." Michael is not keen on the idea he has vocalized, but it's the best that his own mind can come up with. "The rest of you can observe from a distance and cover me."
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Lets check the area first. We don't want to fight if there are other nearby."
 
Last edited:


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Well then, if you want to clamber up the tree, lets see if it tries to eat you."
Drath prepares his staff for combat and quickly reviews the spells he has available.
 

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top