[IC] Return of the Runelords

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Duh!" Teen gunslinger rolls her eyes, still angry at her musket for betraying her in the middle of the combat. "And yet, Mrs Obvious here speaks as if everything she says comes from the gods."
Frustrated by her lack of success, the girls stomps angrily toward the next room.

@Kaodi, ignore it, just in-game fun, I have teen daughters and know the drill :p Italics are thoughts by the way, don't respond to that

G

Guest 11456

Everyone gets into position and then Shendra opens the next door. Off-color rectangles on the moldering walls show that there were once many frames hanging on the walls of this room. A selection of pens and brushes, as well as a silver-capped ink jar, lie on the floor amid the remains of a desk.

OOC: Map

G

Guest 11456

Shendra goes to investigate the ink jar but as she moves into the room she hears a low moan from below. As she turns toward the sound a somewhat drenched and bloated Sir Roderic drains up from the floorboards into the room in eerie mockery of gravity, then speaks in a hollow voice. “The cove.... The stone house in the wood.... The gauntlet…. Save them.... My map.... The key.”

OOC: Map
Note: This time no save is required.

Kaodi

Hero
The oracle freezes, becoming absolutely still. "We accept your charge, Sir Roderic," she says, voice absolutely measured. "We will save your Cove, as best we are able." She pauses for a breath. "Tell me though, what has befallen your house? Why is the door underneath the stairs pinned shut? What befell your family here? These apparitions, they... they have wounded me deeply, in a way few things ever have."

Diplomacy: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23

G

Guest 11456

Sir Roderic looks confused as Shendra addresses him. "House? Door shut? The cove.... The stone house in the wood.... The gauntlet…. Save them.... My map.... The key.” This time his voice seems more frustrated and angry.

Kaodi

Hero
The seer takes a step back. "The cove, the stone house in the wood, the gauntlet, your map, the key," she repeats, making a mental checklist (not her first, by far). "Got it. How about we come back later when we have made some progress," she adds before stepping back out of the room - and closes the door behind her. Whispering conspiratorially in Teea's direction she says, "We should clear the place out. Hopefully we will find this map and key or whatever somewhere here."

Map

G

Guest 11456

As Shendra closes the door she sees Sir Roderic begin to drain back down into the floorboards. His voice fades as he goes... "The cove.... The stone house in the wood.... The gauntlet…. Save them.... My map...."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Shouldn't we check this room too? Boring old man probably has a study somewhere in the house."

Remove ads