D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

Fradak

Explorer
With a gesture, Lorenn invoked his magical armor. "Don't worry, I'll survive to tell the story." Then, he ran his hand along his blade which start emitting a warm but powerful light.

OOC: Mage Armor. Lightblade 60 ft radius

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lorenn's blade illuminated the water, but the thick swirling fog made it nearly impossible to see. There were several splashing noises, and Imani's Agents realised that they were quite surrounded (how a few trolls had gotten behind them was difficult to determine).

From out of the fog loomed the lead troll from the day before. Fortunately, he held out a hand and said, "We trollz are wit' yoo. Ol' Icy-Death no longer rules 'ere. Yoo helps us, an' we helps yoo. We smashim togedda!"

Several cheers from the fog around revealed a sizeable number of trolls.

"Bud first. Eye take yoo to see Red Horn-Head, az we 'greed."

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto was pleasantly surprised to hear that the Trolls were actually going to help them rather than fight them. Excellent!
He greeted theTrolls in their native language: Great Warriors! Let Us Fight This Day And Be Victorious. Sesto gestured with his hand for the Troll to lead the way to Maccath: Show Us The Way.

Sesto had a good feeling about this. Last night, he had a refreshing, albeit very cold, bath before a long well deserved rest. He woke early for Lauds and prepared his daily spells. Lathander's voice said nothing about the zombies he had created. Was that good or bad? Sesto wondered. Maybe Lathander wants to see where all this is leading? Nevertheless, Sesto had prepared himself for the day. I just need to remember to maintain my zombies on a daily basis.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The lead troll rose up out of the freezing water and made his way up the tunnel to the circular corridor. The other trolls stayed in their cavern preparing for and awaiting their summons to battle. When the lead troll passed Mord's skeletons, he stopped and said to one of them, "Aye, bruddah. Eye be smashin' dem when dis is doon, iffing dey doont leave. Yoo jus wait. Yoo kin helps us still t'smash Ol' Icy-Death. Den Eye, Oggsbruff, will be King of Oyaviggaton! Yoo be so proud. Eye will smash yoo an' put yer skull on me throne. Yoo will see."

He nodded his satisfaction and led the way up a gradual but steep icy slope to a higher side-tunnel, then through that to a large, empty chamber, where stood one lonely troll guarding a further upward-leading tunnel. Oggsbruff nodded to the guard, who walked away, eyeing Imani's Agents with hungry curiosity.

"Red Horn-Head be oop dar." said Oggsbruff, gesturing to the small tunnel leading up. He would have to stoop to go up, and so he chose to stay where the guard had been in the large empty chamber.

Oya5.jpg

1: Chamber under Shaman's Hut; 2: Chamber under Village Hall (with sick Ice-Hunter)
4: Kobold Warren; 6: Hole Down (where Lorenn knocked a troll down)
7: Frozen Giants; 8: Foggy Chamber; 9: Large Empty Chamber (current location)
10: Maccath?; 12: Troll's Water Lair; 13: Toad Workroom; 14: Toad Queen's Throne

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord smirked quietly to himself as the troll stopped to address his former companion. He telepathically commanded the skeletons to stand a little bit taller as they were being addressed, as if they recognized their leader. And as he finished speaking they both gave what Mord hoped would be taken as a salute.

Once they reached their destination, Mord commanded them to stay back with the leader troll and guard the passageway. Then he took a place at the back of the line.

He palmed his sending stone."Imami, we are about to ascend to the chamber where Maccath the Crimson is being held and forced to work for the dragon's minions. I don't suppose you would have any information on her abilities which we would need to know?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Mord had seen how the other trolls had reacted to their leader and was able to make the skeletons perform in a similar way. This seemed to please Oggsbruff, and the big troll continued to talk to them as if they understood.

Imani's voice came through the sending stone, "I am pleased to hear that you have discovered her whereabouts! I hope that you find her in good health. She is a Tiefling mage and scholar, an expert on dragons and their magics, and she has made a study of dragon-related artefacts. I would be wary, if I were you, to cross her, but I have found her a reasonable person to speak with. If she has been held against her will, I suspect she will be very grateful to see you."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn watched the troll speak with the skeletons warily - what was this? - but decided to pretend as if he didn't noticed. He noted faintly at Mord to let him know he knew something was up.

"Keep an eye on the rear Sooty" Kalorn mentally commanded, and the little bat fluttered into position.

"Well, let's get on with it. I shall take point, although Loreen, if you could check for traps, it would be appreciated..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases