D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn's eyebrow rose when Imani spoke... wasn't Maccath initially supposed to be in Luskan? hmmm... but that was for later.

Instead, he had to think of the tactics. Several kobolds had died, but a few had escaped yesterday. So they hadn't warned the dragon, or the dragon was uncaring. The trolls were on their side. Still, better not to take chances.

Kalorn looked at Lorenn meaningfully, and shifted towards the entrance - should a kobold make a run for it, he was going to cut it down. Hopefully Lorenn would understand the situation and do the same...

(OOC to GM: did some kobold escape yesterday?)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord smirked at the comment. "Let them run to the trolls then. They'll find one guarding our backs. They've decided to help us slay this dracolich. As for the Arcane Brotherhood, alas, their leader has no interest in your return, I'm afraid. Something about being so foolish as to come here and to be captured. You may wish to make other arrangements."

Then he looks about the room once more. "You've been afforded some level of freedom, it seems. Performing your research on behalf of Icydeath perhaps? Have you learned anything of use to us?"

It was not an indictment so much as an observation. Mord was a practical sort, and in her place, likely would have done the same to save his own life.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Finally, Sesto stepped into the tent and greeted Maccath. Sorry, the slope up was a wee slippery.

Sesto had trouble getting up the icy slope, much to the enjoyment of the head troll who laughed with glee. The heavy armour was not ideal for this task. As a mental note to himself, Sesto would ask his smith to install small sharp spikes under the sole of his shoes.
Eventually, Sesto gave up and swallowed his pride and asked the troll to give him a shove up the slope.
He had left the zombie kobolds at the entrance with Mord's skeleton trolls.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn reached out a hand and helped Sesto up. Keep your cleric happy, his uncle would say. "Don't let the kobolds leave" he said quietly.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Crimson agreed to accompany the group to Luskan or Hap, whichever seemed prudent. However, she said, "I can help you to use the Draakhorn, should we be able to retrieve it. The immediate problem is that Arauthator keeps it deeper in his lair. I have seen it only once, but I am nearly sure that it is there."

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus shrugs nonchalantly. “As long as I can see it, I can get it. And I can get us out. Unless something here shuts down teleportation?”

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Maccath answered, "I am not aware of any teleportation seals, but you may have noticed how the mists and fogs increase as you travel into Oyaviggaton's lower chambers. The lair is the lowest of all, and visibility is terrible. Also, I don't know your capability, but the Draakhorn weighs just over a hundred pounds. Can you teleport it?"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Would we be able to use the horn against the dracolich here should we be able to claim it before or during battle with it? Though, we should be wary of any traps which might protect it beyond mere proximity."

Mord studied Maccath's face for a moment. "Can you tell us what the horn dies, exactly?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"The Draakhorn was once a horn of the ancient red dragon Ephelomon, consort of Tiamat." explained Maccath the Crimson, "In the war between dragons and giants, it was a gift that Tiamat presented to dragonkind to use as a signalling device.

The horn was blasted with Tiamat's fire into a dark ebony hue and is wrapped in bands of bronze with draconic runes that glow with eldritch fire. It is so large that it takes as many as three man-sized creatures to use; two to hold it up and another to blow.

It will alert all dragons within two thousand miles to rise and be wary, for great danger is at hand. Coded blasts were once used to signal specific messages. Knowledge of nearly all of those codes has been lost to the ages. I have discovered a few of them, but I cannot teach you them now, here. And I would not dare to blow the horn myself without many days of preparation."

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus shrugged. “If someone can lift it, I can probably move it. Won’t know until we try. ”

(If we get to lvl 9, he’ll have access to a power that creates an open portal to anywhere he’s seen within the last 24 hours that is within 1 mile. It’d be enough to get out of the dungeon, at least. And it’s a gate, so you just walk through it. As for straight up teleportation, like with his other skills, that would be up to the DM.)

Remove ads