D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"We have made various promises to his safetly," said Sir Darfin, "I would hate to go back on, for my own peace of mind. We will send him to be imprisoned at the manor house."

The orc, for his part, answered all questions with a shrug, as if he didn't know and/or didn't care what became of him.

They would be able to send the wagon to the manor as well, as they would pass within a quarter mile of the place before leaving the road to travel on-foot to the north, following the ridge:

OOC: The recent fight was the diamond on the right. You've expressed that you want to take out the orc's upriver post. I know the contour lines could be interpreted as gradual elevation, but I like to think of (some of them, at least) as ridges. I mean, the manor is built into the side of a cliff with a waterfall. (the 1100 ft contour) Probably the 1000 ft and 1300 ft lines are more gradual, but I see the 1100 and 1200 as ridges. The road runs on a flat between two ridges. You can accompany the war wagon to the bend before the road splits, then follow trails below the 1200 ft line and work your way back down to the river near the orcs. Feel free to send some NPCs away with the wagon and horses.

FloshinEstate.jpg

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"If we are heading North, we should get a bove the ridge near where the three roads meet. Climb up there, and approach from the trees," suggests Tommi.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sounds like a good idea, Titus said. However, this means that we need to leave the war wagon behind. The mounted crossbow could be a great support otherwise.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/South road
Late Afternoon
Round 0

“Hate tae lose the wagon,” Angis admitted, “but no’ sure we child get it up the ridge where the orcs are. An’ we cannae sneak up on ‘em wi’ the wagon. Best on foot, I guess.” The dwarf took point to try and lead them through the trees and shrubs.

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400
Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 0

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (NA) (590 r)
Conditions:
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 35/40 HD: 0/4d10+2

Bolts: 12
Bolts used:
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 0/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
Lionel - halfling rogue folk hero
Escella - Human sorceror

"I agree we should seek advantage...but we need to be careful about coming from above...that makes it easier for orcs to cut us off from the manor. And once they hide from shots from the above, they can attack the higher ground and count on their number to overwhelm us."

OOC: the camp is on the rivers edge or on the cliff? if we could get up on 1200 line and shoot at them, between the river the cliff we should have a fair shot at them

Vairar thinks on the map
"Higher ridge is wooded, it will help the orcs as much as it will us. Once they enter into the trees, we will be at a disadvantage."

"Or we can sneak up on the them on the ridge while the war wagon distracts them on the road?" Escella says. "Throw a tarp over the crossbow and they won't even know the cart is dangerous at a distance. Could be dangerous though for whomever stays with the cart."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"And you lose the cart, the horses and potentially the driver. Even worse if they turn that thing against you." Lord interrupts "Let it be used to defend the manor and it may yet come to serve as mobile fort if we have to make a run for it."

He waves the hand before anyone bows or salites "Just a suggestion, it is your contraption and your group."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi listens to the others, who are much better at tactics than him. He puts up his hand, and says, "Um. You all are probably right. I hadn't thought we would keep the wagon." He runs his fingers through his hair. "Maybe the north garrison isn't the right one to hit? If we went for the one on the road, we'd have to go by the manor, but we'd be able to use the crossbow, and we could travel faster, and they'd be set up to defend for an approach from the west, and not along the road where we'd be coming from. Or, um, so it seems."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi is sorry he even voiced his thoughts. Everyone was now planning on the ridge. Well, he'd do his best.

He keeps a keen eye as they approach, but he is well aware that the branches underfoot are cracking regularly. When he sees the camp, he has an instinctive understanding of the moves of the guards, and the rotations they are on. He perceives the organization as if he had planned it himself, and so knows exactly when to strike.

OOC: Three skill checks.
Stealth 1d20+4=9
Perception 1d20+6=17
Insight 1d20+8=22 (or, if Insight is not relevant then Survival for travelling along the ridge and through the woods?)

Vairar thinks on his previous experience with the orcs. They are fierce, but generally unreliable and lazy. Any guards put on the ridge will probably be sleeping or at worst not attentive. He tries to intuit their positions based on his experiences.

Thus, stealth or failing that, quick movement might be the best. Ideally, masked in colors of the surroundings.

He prepares his disguise, adding branches under straps of his equipment, decorating his spear with twigs and coloring his face to hide his paleness.

Insight; Survival (disguise); Stealth; Athletics (running/climbing): 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13
1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17
1D20 = [3] = 3
1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13

Remove ads