D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

Shayuri

First Post
As the others converge on Poe, Icosa moves with them. Much of his attention however is on the conversation only he can hear or take part in.

“I have no control over these agents, as I have no control over the functions of that which you call the Sanctum.” – the faint voice continues. “But perhaps we can help each other still. You’ve managed to find a way in. I can try to guide you, and you can be my scout within the complex.” – the voice pauses for a moment. “We have been trying to enter this Sanctum – this station – for a long time, as many others have. Each holds its own reasons to do so, some selfish, some not. We only seek to mend an evil that was unleashed within, a long time ago.” – the voice proceeds, weak and pleading. “Please, aid us. We might aid you as well. “

"I will need more information about your identity and purpose before I can assist you," is Icosa's response. "What has prevented you from coming here? What exactly do you need to be done? What is this 'evil' that was unleashed? Additionally, I request clarification. Your first message was clearly a warning, telling me to leave. Now you wish me to stay. What has changed your mind?"

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

A thin coat of dust covers everything, from the panels to the panes, from the chairs to the floors. The place hasn't seen much use in ages, that much is clear. Yet, this very same layer of dust lets the heroes see their own trails around the room. Back and forth, their footprints begin to disturb the old halls.

THULWAR

Messing with the panes and panels allows Thulwar to obtain a better understanding of the workings of this room. Most panels are triggered by touch, holding information to put many books to shame. Mostly, they explain how the interfaces work and give detailed directions to move around the web of buildings and rooms spreading around the heroes. Thulwar also discovers that the area they now occupy was once the pulsating center of a huge community, dedicated to the training and education of new generations of nobles. Apparently, they were supposed to take their teachings to all corners of the world once they were ready. Clearly, this has never come to pass, at least beyond Wellington.

ICOSA

"I will need more information about your identity and purpose before I can assist you," is Icosa's response. "What has prevented you from coming here? What exactly do you need to be done? What is this 'evil' that was unleashed? Additionally, I request clarification. Your first message was clearly a warning, telling me to leave. Now you wish me to stay. What has changed your mind?"

"You may call me Jocasta. I have warned you against coming here, yes. Danger strikes the likes of us as we enter these halls. Something bends our will and enslaves us. Your will must be strong. You have not surrendered."

"I do not know the nature of our enslaver. I only know that it hides beyond the abandoned areas you now explore. Since you are there and remain free, you might be the one to find out who is responsible for enslaving our kind in here."

"I have tried to do so, after I left my former shell behind. Still, something else controls the rooms around you. Another will inhabits these walls as you inhabit your shell. The entity in question has foiled my every attempt to trespass in the past, hiding vital information from me. I suspect this information will at the very least lead me towards the enslaver."

"Now that you are there, though, I suspect we can combine our efforts to access areas once hidden. After all, you have physical access to these areas, and I have not."

LYLLIE/THULWAR

As the gnomes approach the area Poe now occupies, they see that the tribune is, as other panels, built in a unique form of resistant glass. The places treaded by Poe, as well as the areas he beaks, respond by projecting a number of symbols and phrases. The pair recognizes a flow of information available at the panel, including access to a vast map of the surrounding areas, potential control over doors and passages and several entries on treaties and historical events.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thulwar spends some time pondering the map, committing the area around to memory. He tries to understand the principle of the display, trying to see any liquids, wires or any other means of displaying the information. In the end, he concludes that it must be magic. Or technology so advanced it is still magic.

"People capable of building a person from metal could be capable of controlling the light within glass. I would like to know this method." he thinks to himself as he prods at the screen.

After some trial and error he tries to find recent history, recent logs or operational descriptions. In essence, he tries to get the information of what the system recorded last while still in full function.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"A totem... Source of power..." Aanzu mutters, lost in thought.

As the prince approaches, he recognizes the sayings in common language as they glide through the screen, giving place to new recommendations and welcomes. Other languages appear as well during this process as the text fades in and out. Clearly, it seems to respond to Aanzu's movements, as if trying the eaiest way to be read as the prince approaches. Symbols and diagrams describe the world with precision, exalting the benefits of dialogue and union, and as the prince reaches the front of the pane, right where his reflex fades on the glass, the very same female figure from the illusions in the other room manifests herself. Now her whole body appears depicted on the pane. Her features are delicate and yet indistinct, as if she had captured divine qualities within a simple, unassuming mortal frame. Her silver hair crowns a triangular face, adorned by equally silver eyes, and her petit complexion is enveloped by a white dress that values her young contours without flashing her out. It's even hard to tell when the dress and the skin separate each other, so similar they are in color and texture.

"Welcome to the Assembly Hall." - she repeats, her warm, yet oblivious, voice reaching the prince. "As you can see, we are understaffed at the moment." - she chuckles politely as she informs the prince of their current situation. "Nonetheless, I am here to help you. What do you seek?" - she stares at Aanzu, a perfectly collected illusion, waiting for an answer. Aanzu knows she can't be reached, but he realizes the ilusion, as much as the pane that contains it, responds to his very moves. He sees no eye or device capable of identifying him placed on the pane, but a quick glance at the rest of the hall suggests that there are invisible eyes - machine-like, maybe magical - strategically placed to map anyone's comings and goings.

"The well of magic," the dragonborn prince whispers at first before growing more confident. More loudly than necessary, as if talking to a child far away, Aanzu almost shouts at the projection, "This one wants to know the place where your magic is stored!"

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

After some trial and error he tries to find recent history, recent logs or operational descriptions. In essence, he tries to get the information of what the system recorded last while still in full function.

Thulwar manages to get a good glimpse of his surroundings, being able to match them with the maps and nots Yttrian has laboriously worked up at the library. The diagrams serve to correct and complete the maps, though, making them more precise.

[You can access map 3 as well from now on.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...zANO1jnvIYyU5LbV34MQSc/edit#heading=h.gjdgxs]

History unfolds before the gnome's eyes as well. The last entries date from fifty years ago, weeks before the disaster that befell the lowlands. The archives describe an attack from Wellington, after the discovery of their enslaving practices by the Teraphim. Not all believed the gods' messengers, though, and the city became divided between those that stood for the Teraphim and those defending Wellington's interests. In the end, the cornered Teraphim used their final weapon, a device only described as the Fallen Star. It scorched the land, leaving only Mount Amberilan to survive. The city was raided. Many were killed. Some were taken to lower strata, to live under the protection of the Teraphim, and the lands beyond were deemed lost.

Lyllie is able to identify Glitterdale's name on a world map. Soon after, a flash cuts the map, showing the woods, as well as many other lands, as impact zones. Apparently, the Teraphim knew what they were doing, and premeditated the destruction...

"This one wants to know the place where your magic is stored!"

The woman glances at Aanzu. At first, she seems unable to answer, but then she begins to talk continuously.

"Considering your status as a newcomer, I understand you are not familiar with the ways and practices of our station. I assume, though, that your nation, country or community employs magic as a regular environmental control tool. The ephemera and etherea phenomena experienced in your world are considered unreliable by the crew of this station, and therefore are widely ignored as a functional tool. Nonetheless, there are power sources that supply this station, as well as the terraformed surrounding areas." - a diagram appears in the pane, depicting a strange structure. "The Colider that serves this station is located four stores below, but access is restricted to authorized engineering officers." - she blinks slowly and contemplates the prince, and when he thinks she's done, the female starts once more.

"Tell me of yourself." - she states, bluntly.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

JustinCase

”Totem of Dark Collider is hidden below,” Aanzu decides, and does not listen to any more words from the illusion. He turns around, possibly insulting the woman but the warrior prince cares not for diplomatic tension.

”This one says our destination is at the bottom of the pyramid. Four layers down.”

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

Harfik listens intently scanning the room at all times, trying to keep up with everything going on around them.
He leans in whispering to Aanzu.
"Prince, Should we ask it about the history of Wellington or. Their punishment conditions?"

JustinCase

Aanzu shrugs, clearly not very interested or perhaps not grasping the importance.

”The totem is below,” he repeats. ”The dragon can be patient but not very long.”

Crossing his arms across his chest, the dragonborn lets Harfik and any others interact with the device, but his impatience shows.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

Harfik turns to the "woman" before them, his stance that of a servant and begins to speak, he thinks about all of the politeness and proper mannerisms that he reviewed on entering the room, searching his memory of political cat and mouse games he witnessed during his years at court trying to decided the questions to ask to find out about the conditions about the destruction of the Wellington lands without causing alarm.

OOC: I can make what ever roll you want me to for this, or I can just wing it with some text but we never actually went over the mannerisms so I don't want to misstep unintentionally.

The answers he is looking for start something like "Please tell us what happened in the conflict with the Duke Wellington." and if this seems to go well he will dig deeper, gently prodding for information about the crimes and punishments, along with how the land was poisoned. If anyone in the group shows discomfort with the line of questioning or seems to feel uncomfortable with him continuing he will stop.

Remove ads