D&D 5E [IC] The New World (Volo Monsters)

ammulder

Explorer
He squirms as if being examined by a giant talking cockroach, and appeals to Saashala. "Uh, can you... make it stop?" (He gestures at Moon Moon for emphasis.)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
A low laughter erupts from Ripnek. Carrying two severed and bloody heads in his big hands, the bugbear casually walks over to the last living human.

"Scared of kobold. Funny man."

Ripnek looks around for a moment, as if looking for something. Eventually he asks, "Have rope? Ripnek wants rope. Or spear."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Drutha Keldret, Hobgoblin Fighter
Forest
Night/7:02 PM
Round 0

“I don’t trust him,” Drutha said. “I don’t trust any of them. Why should we trust you, human?” she asked. “What do you offer that we need? We can do this on our own.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus:
Free:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 2/13 HD: 1/1d10
Saving Face (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)*
[/sblock]

ammulder

Explorer
"I don't know how many guards they have. So I brought..." he looks around as his voice trails off. Then he gives a little cough and continues, "I brought as many men as I could. I can't say that I trusted them, though. Honestly, Dirk's the only one that I'll miss." His glance reveals that B5 was Dirk.

ammulder

Explorer
Dirk's notable features are that he's only partially decapitated, unlike the other two whose heads are traveling along with Ripnek at the moment.

As far as his equipment goes, you'd have to ask Nert.

[sblock="Nert"]Other than what I mentioned before, you think Dirk's leather armor and crossbow were the best-maintained ones of the bunch -- clean and oiled.
[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Moon Moon isn't strong or very capable, but he props the corpse up a little and holds the head in his hands opening and closing the mouth of the corpse while saying, "Look it's me your friend Jerk! Do you love me? Are you playing your love games with me?"

After a couple more seconds of being ignored he drops the corpse back down and goes back to "investigating" the scene.

Shayuri

First Post
He was willing to betray his own kind. Why would he not betray us as well?

Perhaps, but he could be useful prior, in his desperation to stay alive. We still know very little of the invaders. Captives can answer questions, but they cannot easily inform us of what is normal to them. And if we can win him over, so that he follows willingly, he would be invaluable for a subtle infiltration.

You hope for too much. He does not hate his people. Even now, even as an outcast, even willing to kill them for his own profit, he does not hate them. He can be bought perhaps, but he will not stay bought.

I must try. A key to winning the loyalty of the invaders is central to my plan. We don't know it yet, but we must find it out.

Saashala opened her eyes and looked at the others, then the human.

"Walk with me a little, to where we can see the road."

She led him away from the firelight and sought out the thin winding strip of the caravan trail below.

"I have had to accept the help of beings that are simple and savage," Saashala remarks to him quietly, looking at the road intently. "I believe we have that in common, you and I. Now I do not know what you want from your existence, but I assume you wish it to continue, at least for the moment. My companions see you as a waste of time at best, or a liability."

The yuan-ti turned her eyes to gaze unblinking at the man. "Others have thought that of me, and I have shown them otherwise. It is my hope that you and I will have that in common as well. Help us against this caravan, and you will be paid for your efforts...and may leave, a free man. Return to whatever awaits you out there."

She extended a hand, as she'd seen others do for one another on greeting. Her hand was slim and delicate; no yuan-ti did manual labor, not even the purebloods.

"Agreed?"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ripnek looks to Drutha as Sashalaa leads the human away.

"What she doing? Weird snake lady."

After looking back at the yuan-ti for a moment, the bugbear shrugs and returns his gaze to the other goblinoid. He holds the two severed head up, as if it all makes sense.

"Got rope?"

TallIan

Explorer
Nert Muchshredder

Nert delves into the pile of equipment he's made and produces the captured rope, offering it to Ripnek.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
HP: 12/12
Passive perception: 14

Abilities: Fury of the small 1/1 short rest
rrows: 19
Rations: 8
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads