D&D 5E [IC] The New World (Volo Monsters)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Drutha Keldret, Hobgoblin Fighter
Forest
Night/7:02 PM
Round 0

Drutha eyed the yuan-ti suspiciously as she walked off a bit with the human. Her eyes narrowed.

"What she doing? Weird snake lady," Ripnek commented.

“Yes,” Drutha agreed. Saashala had played on the fact that she looked a bit like these humans to get into their camp. Perhaps the yuan-ti were secretly looking to ally with the invaders.

As Nert and Ripnek went about arranging their gruesome display, Drutha kept an eye on the two conniving humanoids.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus:
Free:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 2/13 HD: 1/1d10
Saving Face (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)*
[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
With far less of a sneer than before, Ripnek snatches Nert's rope from his smaller cousin's hands. Without saying thanks, the bugbear proceeds to tie the two human heads together with a small length of rope that he uses to carry the gruesome token around.

Ripnek then paces around the camp, trying to decide if he should hang his trophies here or to bring them along and find a better place.

tglassy

Adventurer
Karok grumbled at the turn of events. He'd already decided this human wasn't going to live. But he supposed if they could get something useful out of him, then it would be worth letting him be a while longer.

ammulder

Explorer
Jeffrey gives Moon Moon a fierce look when he pulls the stunt with Dirk's corpse, but manages to pull his gaze away and maintain control of himself. He seems eager to walk away with Saashala, commenting along the way, "Lady, you sure keep some weird company."

She speaks near the road, ending with "Help us against this caravan, and you will be paid for your efforts...and may leave, a free man. Return to whatever awaits you out there."

He seems surprised by this offer, and skeptical, but certainly willing to accept it. He shakes her hand when offered. His initial grip is crushing, and then he remembers himself as he feels her delicate hand, and softens his grip. (If he has noticed her fangs, it is not obvious.)

OOC: If he helps with the caravan, is it Saashala's true intent to pay him and let him go a free man? (Because he is certainly going to make an Insight check on that offer.) If not, please make a Deception roll.

He shakes either way, but his plans may vary, depending. :)

ammulder

Explorer
OOC: OK, picking up again after some time off due to a "real life" encounter...

I'm awarding 40 XP to each of you for defeating the bandits.

It's now shortly after 10 PM and you're in square G-9 on the travel map. It's one square short of where you originally planned to stage your ambush, but you could do it from here if you like.

So let me know -- do you want to stage the ambush from here near the mound or farther down the road away from the mountains?

You likely have some time to kill -- the caravan isn't expected until the morning. You're only three hours from the end of your last long rest, so another long rest is out of the question, but you can take a short rest if you like. If so, again, just let me know whether you want to use the campsite at the foot of the mound or go someplace else. And if there's anything else you want to do before dawn, let me know.

Finally, I assume that you're allowing Jeffrey Strongarm to go unbound, though I would also assume you're all keeping an eye on him and probably not giving his weapons back just yet. Let me know if any of that isn't true.

Glad to be back!

ammulder

Explorer
Here's the map of the road relative to the hill. Coming from Two Bridges (top of the map) it is heading straight toward the front of the mound, and curves around to avoid it before continuing on toward the mountains (bottom of the map).

road-and-hill.png

OOC: Sorry it's not too smooth; drawing in the car.

I assume Drutha and Ripnek will want to use a Hit Die as well during the short rest? You can roll or I can.

TallIan

Explorer
Nert Muchshredder

Nert pipes up with an opinion, "Stay here for ambush, Saashala wait on road, fool people. Big strongs hide in snow near road, Nert wait here and shoot arrows."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
HP: 12/12
Passive perception: 14

Abilities: Fury of the small 1/1 short rest
rrows: 19
Rations: 8
[/SBLOCK]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Drutha Keldret, Hobgoblin Fighter
Forest
Night/10 PM
Round 0

Drutha glared at the snake lady as she walked off with the human. What was she up to? What were they plotting? Saashala couldn’t be trusted. She was practically human herself!

Drutha kept her fears to herself for now as she settled in to rest a bit while they waited for the wagon caravan.

Drutha started to set up some blinds near the road from which they could launch an ambush.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus:
Free:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 6/13 HD: 0/1d10
Saving Face (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)
[/sblock]

Remove ads