Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I moved Marius double move since you didn't position him into ichtians room, but I'm not sure how fast I can move while stealthing. The target is one of the statues / any other cover so that I'm not in direct line of sight of any ichtians if it can be helped. Now after re-reading, I see we have to put ourselves in pink zone so I did.

Tactics: @ All: I would try to disable the casters quietly OR quickly :) If we need leverage, I could charge the old shaman and grapple him. What the rest of you think?
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION] , I don't mind rich descriptions, but occasionally you make assumptions on how PCs feel / behave. It might occasionally lead to conflicting description or you could push PCs unwittingly into certain frame of mind just for the sake of rolling with it. I like the descriptive posts and you can continue as-is, just pointing out it might create occasional discrepancy.

Initiative: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19

Using the sound of dwarf advancement, monk slips deeper behind ichtians defensive line.
[sblock=Actions]
Move + Standard: Stealth: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18
- 40'
[/sblock]

EDIT: found exact stealth rule so Marius moves 20' maintaining stealth.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Ah, I didn't get into the pink zone, since I was too far away to make it in one move.

Tactics: I was thinking of dropping a Fog Cloud right over those archers and shaman while we deal with the lancers.

Also: Can we get a link to the map in each DM post so we don't have to go hunting back several pages? Thanks!
[/sblock]

Jago

Explorer
OOC: I'm gonna be honest, I'm having a hard time reading the map, I have no clue which character I am. "P" for Pistolero ..? "D" for Daergel? Not entirely sure.

As for tactics, yeah, Fog Cloud is a good idea. Charging the Shaman ... May work, I'd just be worried about you being surrounded. For my part, I've got a gun. Maybe could throw the Sunrod at them, mess them up with light, or a Flare Round to do the same. Or just shoot them. I've got nothing charismatic to try and intimidate them or anything here.

Meanwhile: Initiative
[roll0]

Neurotic

OOC: I'm gonna be honest, I'm having a hard time reading the map, I have no clue which character I am. "P" for Pistolero ..? "D" for Daergel? Not entirely sure.

As for tactics, yeah, Fog Cloud is a good idea. Charging the Shaman ... May work, I'd just be worried about you being surrounded. For my part, I've got a gun. Maybe could throw the Sunrod at them, mess them up with light, or a Flare Round to do the same]

Its P for pistolero. I'm monk Marius so no problem there. Others are D for druid and B for barbarian.

As for position, DM said anywhere in Pink area and we had some time to move around and initial positions were...provisionary? I assume we have certain freedom in the first round positions.

Archon Basileus

First Post
Its P for pistolero. I'm monk Marius so no problem there. Others are D for druid and B for barbarian.

As for position, DM said anywhere in Pink area and we had some time to move around and initial positions were...provisionary? I assume we have certain freedom in the first round positions.

Sorry I've been out, guys. Again, I had some config problems here, but it's all sorted out now. I'm working on the next post, and I'll post it tomorrow, tops (after work, around the afternoon).

As for positions, sorry for the trouble. I didn't mean to confuse you all! I'm still trying to get the hang of things nowadays, being an old dog and all. If you guys wish to change anything, please, let me know, and I'll gladly do it. At first I placed each letter for a class (P for pistolero, M for monk, D for druid and B for barbarian). I considered it would be easier to envision a strategy, since you'll end up using class skills for combat, if and as needed. If you guys want I can take some time and build a visual piece for each character, something that would make the map more immersive and maybe more recognizable. I only went with a short-term answer so we could continue the game.

As for the rest, I hope you guys enjoy what I'm putting together, as far as a story goes. If anything displeases you or does not answer to expectations, please, let me know. I really want to build as enjoyable an experience as I can!

See you tomorrow!

Archon Basileus

First Post
“Would you quessstion our righteousnesssss? Mind your mannersss dwarf!” – the creature lets out a spiteful sentence as it points with it’s staff towards the adventurers. “Let usss take what is oursss by force then! ATTACK, brotherssss! Take our treasure back! The lady shall be grateful when it issss returned! Glory and richessss to the one that brings me the dagger!” – with a wrathful gesture, he leads his peers to the front.

In the back, a sudden burst of light can be seen, coming from between the two casters in the back. The air swings around, striking the adventurers with a heavy, rotten breeze. Among the two ichtians, shadows dance and twirl, and something begins to move, almost as if it had risen from the floor.

[Initiative:

Lancers -
1D10 = [3] = 3
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=142684
Archers -
1D10 = [7] = 7 (+2) = 9 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=142685
Casters - 1D10 = [1] = 1 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=142686

Ok, our order is, so far:

Reynard (24), Marius (19), Morgrym (14), Archers (9), Lancers (3), Casters (1), Va’arahkir (?)

Please place your actions in order and feel free to move around the map as limits allow. I’ve marked the characters in green and the enemies in gray. Please let me know if I can do anything else to make it easier to read, ok? Also, I’ll try to be more agile with the writing from now on, making shorter posts but trying to keep the content]

Dice roller - http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/
Map - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nqispO67s2ZXLunqhdY4dnNwI/edit#gid=2051010950

@KahlessNestor @Jago [MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION] @Neurotic

Jago

Explorer
~ " Bad move, friend."

Ignoring the noxious smell, Reynard came striding forward, drawing the Gnomish pistol from its holster. Every step was punctuated by him procuring one of the paper cartridges from his bandoleer, popping off the the top of the wax seal and swiftly loading the gun in the ways of the Temple. The paper was in his hand one second, gone the next, the hammer of the pistol cocked back with an echoing click and pointed into the darkness.

While he was not sure what, precisely, these magicians were planning, it was not the worst he had faced down before.

" Go ahead, scaly," he offered to the leader of the Ichtians, " Make my day." ~

[sblock=Actions]Move: Forward 30 ft. (reflected on map)
Action: Ready Action - Anything that comes within 20 ft. gets shot.
Readied Attack Roll w/ Point Blank: 1d20+8 23
Readied Damage Roll w/ Point Blank: 1d8+1 9[/sblock]

[sblock=Reynard's Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 25/25
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +6
Perception: +9

AC: 18 Flat: 13 Touch: 18
Fort: 7 Reflex: 10 Will: 7

In Hand: Pistol, Cosim Camman Denoctusd

Pistol (Mwk): +7, 1d8/x4
Chakrams: +6, 1d8/x2
- Flurry of Throws: +4/+4
Unarmed Strike: +6, 1d6

Paper Cartridges: 70/70
Entangling Shot: 5/5
Flare Cartridges: 5/5

Grit: 3/3
Deeds:
Gunslinger's Dodge
Quick Clear
Up Close And Deadly

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Game Info: We have a dagger and apparently lizards want it. But they can't have it.

[/sblock][/sblock]

Neurotic

Marius bursts from his cover still moving silently.

Coming at the closest shaman, hopefully before they finish whatever spell they were casting Marius focuses on his inner dragon and his fists spark with lighting. Which shows as poor decision on his part because spark flares blind him for critical instant and he misses the shaman.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Stealth: 1D20+8 = [13]+8 = 21
- 20' move next to shaman

Attack: Flurry att 1; Flurry att 2; damage; damage; lightning damage: 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9
1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9
1D6+6 = [1]+6 = 7
1D6+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D6 = [2] = 2

OOC: not familiar with PF enough to know if I can flurry after move - if yes, use Dragon Style bonus and 1 ki point for elemental fist. If not, nothing. If they are surprised by the attack there should be additional bonus or maybe their flat footed AC, but with two 9s I still think I missed :(
Re-read monk flurry:
Only single attack, no flurry since it can be only full round action. Therefore its 11 vs AC for (potentially) 7 +2 damage

[/sblock]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Maran/Helen’s Fortune/Cellars
Night

Morgrym strode forward as he moved his hands and spoke the divine words of a spell. Fog started to swirl and billow around the icthian shaman that seemed to be in charge, spreading out around him to obscure the area.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move: Forward 4
Action: Cast Fog Cloud (marked in blue on map)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 39/39 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)(Barkskin: +2)
CMD: 15 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 7 Ref: 2 Will: 7 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 10/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7

Conditions: Barkskin 30m, Fog Cloud 30m

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1. Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Shillelagh, Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)
2: Fog Cloud (Domain)*, Barkskin,* Flaming Sphere, Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases