Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 0

Safely invisible, Daxio surveyed the battlefield. There was no way he was going down into that...mess. He would stay safely up here and hopefully not draw attention to himself while he let the meat shields cut them up.

He studied the casters to get familiar with their spells.

OOC: Daxio will use the Arcanist counterspell exploit to block spells. Let me know what slot I need to expend. With a +24 Spellcraft, I should auto-identify even 9th level spells, but here’s a roll just in case. Spellcraft: 1D20+24 = [11]+24 = 35
Dispel: Dispell: 1D20+14 = [10]+14 = 24
When I spend a point, I get +2 CL (+14), and if necessary I will spend a second point to get another CL+2 (+16).
I need to know the level of the spell that I counter.


[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 122/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 8/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Conditions: Detect Magic (112 r), Message (1195 r), Fly (119r), Greater Invisibility (11r)

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (7/7, prep 5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (6/6, prep 5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (5/6, prep 4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (5/6, prep 3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (6/6, prep 2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (3/3, prep 1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Archon Basileus

First Post
ZYARA

The creature doesn't even have time to react. The whip drops the creature to the hard stone surface, face down. Jumping forward, the monk delivers two potent strikes, loosely applied, but quite lethal: the first one strikes its flank, cracking a few ribs under the impact, and the second one slams the creature against the rock, pushing rib shards through the chest! Sluagh, the shadow demon of the Fey, spits a black puddle of blood and explodes in a black, fetid stain as it collapses, once and for all! The shadow body transforms, and all of a sudden a meek, pale creature reveals: white body, black hands and shiny white eyes, socketed within round shadows, reveal the true, frail form of the cursed Fey. It dies without as much as a cry against the raging sounds of battle, and Zyara is free to continue moving forward.

Before she leaves, she contemplates a most peculiar scene. As a response to her attack, a pair of beautiful, half-scaled hands, reach out for the body. The hands' owner remains hidden beneath the river's surface, and slowly pulls the body inside the clear waters. The blurred image of a nymph reveals itself underneath the smooth waters and smiles, thanking Zyara for the help and promising terrible profanities to be performed on the dead body...

[Even at their lowest, the rolls were more than enough to kill the creature! Nice hunting! Zyara may also take a move action towards the battlefield and resume attacks if she so chooses...]

MOSS

The dragon's breath takes a fair amount of soldiers. Their screams fill the air as they try to cover their faces in desperation! Curses in ancient elfic are uttered right before Moss abandons the nauseated warriors to their terrible fate. Green Knights profit from the attack and jump towards the fight, charging with rage and might as they cry words of encouragement in high-elfic.

As the dragon's wings open and he flies over the battlefield, desperation fills the hearts of the enemies... Albeit small, his powerful bite reaches for the neck, ripping off the head of the overgrown spriggan with tremendous ease! The wooden mass dangles from the dragon's mouth as he continues his flight, leading a good deal of the soldiers to scream in fear! His claw descends upon the second one, cutting off his head as well! The second head rolls through the battlefield, leading the allied troops to celebration cries as the dragon moves!

Next, the tale impales the third one, spilling white bloodsap over the other soldiers. So great's the strength that the creature is lifted from the floor before being thrown down once more. Lastly, the wing: as the female spriggan raises her arms to charge a poor satyr, Moss' wing crosses her, cutting the creature in two by the waist. Her agonizing, overgrown body falls at the feet of the satyr, which jumps over her, smashing the body with a club - probably to clam the kill to himself.

[Oook, four spriggans dead and eight soldiers hit by the breath, two of which are dead by the hands of the Green Knights.]

ARDUNIEL/BATKNIGHT

Arduniel feels the threads of time thickening betwen his fingers, and as he pulls and twists with the powers of his mind, both he and the Knight become faster than normal. Below, the drow witches turn slower, their actions falling under a cover of drowsiness.

The knight is released, and as he falls his sign springs around a mass of darkness. It was already hard to see; now it becomes impossible! Cries of surprise explode from the soldiers, and the Bat knows the words: they curse darkness and accuse the Dark Fey the worship and follow to betray them! Darkness works against them! A bad omen, indeed, but still, they fight! The soldiers attempt to find their way out of the expansive cloud, as the affected casters try to levitate out of the cloud!

[Ok, five casters slowed down, a MASS of soldiers and casters in the dark, and two warriors ON THE LOOSE! The casters cast levitate upon themselves, trying to flee from the darkness (five levitates); even with the spell, they can't go high enough to escape! Not yet, anyway! Go for your next actions!]

ALICE

The shield rises, flickering around and protecting Alice... And right on time! As she raises the shield, a Sluah stretches out from the shadows, trying to grab her! The creature fails misearbly, burning horridly and retreating amidst screams of pain! The entity's depraved face twists as a tongue dangles from its mouth, crowned by sharp teeth!

"Meeeannn vixen!" - the creture crouches, preparing to return to the shadows.

DAXIO

Holding the high ground for this battle, Daxio contemplates the chaos - the fallen spriggans under Moss, the sudden attack concocted by Arduniel and the Knight, the blackness that courses through the field from the Bat, and Zyara's sudden appearance at the edge of the river. Beyond, the casters still chant high, gesture and spread their concoctions, dusts and stones, making their own intentions quite clear....

@KahlessNestor and @Charlotte of Oz, these are the spells being cast: five levitates -as in Arduniel/Bat descriptions; two fire spheres, controlled and maintained right now; three circles of protection against good; two darkness spells; two Dark Fey invocations (Summon monster III - equivalent to a Dretch) and a Firefall spell. Others maintain spells or control summoned creatures]

@MetaVoid @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @Charlotte of Oz @Kaodi @Neurotic
 
Last edited:

Zyara looks away from the water nymph and surveys the field. Neither side looks more or less troublesome so she moves into the middle as fast as she can.

OOC: move 70 feet "east". Nothing is in range so she is done for the first round.
 

Shayuri

First Post
Aranel's 'cloak' suddenly spread wide, revealing itself to be in fact a pair of broad, draconic wings. She snarled an invocation in Draconic, and leaped skyward...propelling herself up and over with ferocious wingbeats. At the apex of her wing-assisted leap she cast another spell, and her figure seemed to catch aflame with lambent white light that outlined her without concealing her.

When she dove back down towards the fray, she was a living comet of breathtaking beauty and ferocity, landing among the dark fey near the skirmishing line and brandishing her sword high!

"Rally to me!" Aranel shouted to the defenders of the city. "Push them back!"

The drow and their minions shrank back in the purity of the light of Aranel's spell!

(Casting Quickened Shield of Faith as a level 5 spell that gives +3 Deflection to AC (total AC is now 35) and then casts Archon's Aura. Spell Resistance check: [roll0] Anything hostile to Aranel within 20' of her that this SR check defeats must make a Will save at DC 22 or be at -2 to attack, save and AC until it can strike Aranel with an attack, or the spell ends)
 

Anduriel smiles sadly as he hears the alarm of the casters. He speaks reality twisting words and miasma from between the worlds envelops the big group of warriors and casters in front and below him. He is careful to center it far enough to leave Bat outside of the zone of effect.

Pulling one of the charges from his gauntlets he imbues the warp in space and alien energies with his own anger at the attack burning, pitting, destroying all within. As the screaming starts, he scans the borders of the darkness for any fast enough to come above the cloud of darkness and death.

OOC:
Casting Miasma with radius (and height) of 25 feet (1 destruction charge from the gloves), centered so that three casters in lower right corner are all within as well as those 3 bottom ones from the middle. It is centered above the drow where there are three one over another, over the left most drow.

It nauseates if Fort DC 19 failed and deals 1d6+1 acid damage to all who fail the save (I'm hoping most of the casters) :) - it does NOT allow spell resistance and it lasts for 12 rounds and everyone within who succeed needs to make saves round

Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: W13 (fly 65')
Standard: Striking vs visible caster (AG 2): 1D4+2 = [2]+2 = 4
1D4+2 = [3]+2 = 5
1D4+2 = [2]+2 = 4
1D4+2 = [4]+2 = 6
1D4+2 = [1]+2 = 3
1D4+2 = [4]+2 = 6
- if it dies before all the runes hit, target the warrior at AC 3

Next round plan: another miasma in the lower right corner. We shall smoke them out :)
[/sblock]

Charges: 1 destruction
Scripts:
Striking 1/2
Float 1/2
Alter Flow 1/2
Miasma 1/2
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ignoring minor nuissances, Moss runs toward the only demon he can see close enough to attack! Trying to move through the combat without exposing himself to attacks and failing in his eagerness to kill demons, the dragon ignores spriggans on the way and tears into the shadow demon.

[sblock=Actions]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] +1 acid, bite causes Fort DC 26 or nauseated
[roll3]
[/sblock]
 

Kaodi

Hero
Having touched down behind enemy lines Batknight takes a step in the direction he figures the nearest enemy lies and is rewarded by a strong whiff of the characteristic perfumes and oils favoured by the matrons of the drow noble houses. "You will find only death beneath these open skies," he growls in Undercommon to those around him just before swinging his blade into the darkness. Once, twice, thrice; his blackened shard tastes blood with each blow.

[sblock=Full Attack]_: 1D20+24 = [7]+24 = 31
1D8+12 = [1]+12 = 13
1D20+19 = [18]+19 = 37
1D8+12 = [5]+12 = 17
1D20+14 = [17]+14 = 31
1D8+12 = [5]+12 = 17

_: 1D100 = [73] = 73
1D100 = [72] = 72
1D100 = [78] = 78
[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 2

OOC: From his last turn, Daxio will counterspell one of the Summon Monster IIIs


“Time to cause some chaos in the ranks,” Daxio mused to himself, too quiet, of course, to hear above the din of battle. He focused on a group of reserve troops behind a group of drow casters.

“The matrons have betrayed the will of your goddess! They must be cut down!”

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move: Behind the reserves
Action: Cast Mass Suggestion on 12 of the troops near the casters.Spending 1 arcane reservoir to make it DC 31
Spell resistance: 1D20+16 = [15]+16 = 31
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 122/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 7/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Conditions: Detect Magic (111 r), Message (1194 r), Fly (118r)(60’), Greater Invisibility (10r)

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (7/7, prep 5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (6/6, prep 5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (5/6, prep 4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (5/6, prep 3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (6/6, prep 2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (2/3, prep 1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]
 

OOC: markings are excellent idea
Center Miasma on AJ 20, it takes plenty of soldiers and casters with 25 radius. And I don't think I catch any allies, but even if I do, do it. I don't see inside the darkness.
 

Archon Basileus

First Post
ZYARA

Zyara finds herself amidst her dubious allies. Satyrs and Knights leap forward, decided to halt the attackers at all costs. Their attitude is quite strange, considering the general posture of the alessians. After all, if they wanted the heroes to fight their war for them, why bother risking their own lives in the frontlines?

Up ahead, the monk sees a towering cloud of darkness growing. At first, it seems like a protective ward, conceived by the dreadful Drow. Soon enough, though, Zyara realizes that it is, in fact, acting to their detriment. One of her allies certainly knows how to manipulate the shadows to their favor.

"The hunter is here!" - a Satyr screams, staring at Zyara. "Follow her into battle! The Fated Day is upon us! For the Spring Queen!" - they advance, redoubling their efforts.


ARANEL


As Aranel descends amidst the enemies, an explosion of light follows. Her calling inspires the allied warriors to fight. Just as she requested, they follow, eager to defeat their dark cousins and rid Alessia of the invaders.

She overhears the loud proclamations of the Green Knights: the title 'Herald' rises in a song of encouragement as they advance!


ARDUNIEL


Arduniel opens the rift from which the miasma spreads. The cloud grows, mingling with the darkness created by the Batknight. Within, Arduniel can hear the moans of the affected warriors, and as the cloud spreads south and west many more fall prey to the power of the strange fumes. Far south, the casters are swallowed by the new cloud, turning sick as they breathe the foul air. One of them bends forward, unable to pursue further incantations. The second one is struck so violently that she falls to the ground, hurling her stomach's contents in bursts! The third one manages to escape, covering her face with a scarf - probably soaked in perfumes and curative oils.


[Three-fourths of the soldiers are nauseated by the cloud. Two casters are struck. One escapes. Within the darkness, it's hard to discern who got targeted and who didn't. Moans and groans suggest that most soldiers - and probably the casters as well - were broken by the miasma]



MOSS


As the dragon leaps through the field, the Knights and Satyrs make an active effort to protect his passage. 'Cover the Fintir' is the phrase he overhears the most. The massive branched club of an overgrown spriggan flies over him as he slides to dodge the thing, only to flap his wings and leap over a scimitar that comes his way. He falls over the Dark Fey, the so-called shadow demon, with his jaw open and a killer's disposition! As his jaw closes, the creature's neck is enveloped, ripped and burned! It tries to shake Moss away... In vain! As the dragon releases its grasp, the creature falls back, bleeding and burning, revealing the thin, white form of the Dark Fey. It falls on its back, and copious amounts of dark blood spread across the battlefield, crowning the dead body.


[One more down!]



BATKNIGHT


As the knight swings against the drow women, he feels the consistency of flesh being torn apart and bones being broken. He can sense their life waning away as he charges, even in darkness. One strike, he knows, crushes the chest armor and the sacred jewels the young witch wears; the second crosses her chest and impales her heart. The blade is still hot with the first one's blood as he swings against her stunned colleague; he rises the blade in an arch movement, hitting the second one's face. She gasps, and her voice is muffled by waves of blood! She lives, but her wounds will make sure her life is short...


[One dead and the other still holds 13 HP!]


DAXIO


Daxio gestures and mutters arcane words, stopping the summoning spell as it goes. A confused maiden looks to the sides, furious, and decides to blame the druids for her failure! She begins to weave another spell: this time, she conjures another fire rain, just as her companion does. Odds are she intends to strike the enemy spellcasters with it!

In the meantime, Daxio invokes his own suggestion spell. He chews the honey out of the honeycomb and places the snake tongue upon his own, and then he cries out the words, making them clear and perfectly audible. the amplified voice hits eleven of the twelve targeted warriors, which accept his words immediately! Only one remains, still moving forward. The reaction puzzles Daxio. Even more, the warrior that escapes his grasp is fighting bare-footed, holding his scimitar in both hands and spinning his body with each step, as if inclined to see the entire battlefield, instead of profiting from the sounds of the battle!

ENEMIES

The troops advance, meeting in the middle of the field! They clash in waves, offering no quarter to each other. Moss dodges many swings as the troops attempt to reach him. A halberd falls heavily on the floor by his side, and two scimitars are swung against him. One threatens to take his head, but he ducks! The other scratches his arm, though, handled with tremendous skill by a young, agile drow! He steps back, holding his scimitar towards his face. He licks the blood that courses through the dark metal, smiling cruelly.

"The hero bleeds!" - he cries, laughing with his two colleagues, and resumes his stance.
[Moss takes 7 points of damage, plus 7 points for the critical roll]

Within the darkness, the Batknight can sense blades seeking him out, trying to defend the maidens in desperation! Three, no more, try for his life, and all efforts are in vain: they hit his armor, they make too much noise... He finds no trouble in dodging them!

Behind them, the heroes see the effects of the first firefall spell! One of the fire spheres suddenly explodes upwards, vanishing completely to give place to an ample rain of fire! The lights fill the air, blinding many soldiers around - including the drow soldiers, many of which are also hit by the deflagration! On both sides, soldiers fall prey to the fires, burning as the scorching projectiles fall from the sky!


[17 points of damage for everyone in the area; lots of soldiers are now blinded and catching on fire! Anyone within 120' of the explosion must roll Will - DC 14 - to avoid blindness! Also, a Reflex roll - DC 14 - avoids being caught on fire, if within 60']


[Ok, I only need [MENTION=6847138]Charlotte of Oz[/MENTION]' action, now! We can begin the next round! If Charlotte so chooses, she can accumulate Alice's actions in the next batch!]


MAP UPDATED


https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fyc0nwHsb96NWjzXgsx0fPqYKd2EKPuv2nZ9RCZMK4w/edit




MINI-SHEETS


[sblock]

DROW FOOTMAN


The bulk of the Underworld's armies on Alessia. They use light armor and melee weapons, an uncommon choice for such an evasive people...

BAB: +2
CMB: +2
CMD: 15
AC: 17 (touch 12, flat-footed 13)
DAMAGE: Scimitar (1d6+1); Halberd (1d10+1)
HP: 20
SAVE: Fort +2 Ref +2 Will -1/+2 vs. enchantment
SPECIAL: dancing lights; fairy fire; darkness; poison (DC 13, unconscious for 2d4 hours; cure 1 save)


DROW CASTER


Drow maidens and women, sent to support the armies in their wars. Not as powerful as their matron counterparts, but still considered dangerous casters.

BAB: +2
CMB: +1
CMD: 13
AC: 18 (touch 12, flat-footed 13)
DAMAGE: Ritual Bloodblade (1d6+3)
HP: 30
SAVE: Fort +0 Ref +1 Will +3/+5 vs. enchantment
SPECIAL: protection from good; cure light wounds; delay poison; bestow curse; dispel magic; circle against good; cure serious wounds; fire fall; summon III

SPRIGGAN

The cursed spirits of the Autumn Land, distant cousins to the gnomes, protect their groves with jealousy and violence. An ancient pact with the queen of the Dark Fey led them to fight alongside the Drow.

BAB: +4
CMB: +2
CMD: 15
AC: 18 (touch 14, flat-footed 16)
DAMAGE: Massive club (1d8+3/1d10+3)
HP: 22
SAVE: Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +1
SPECIAL: growth; spriggan magic (+1 concentration and DC against their own species' magic); spriggan skills

SHADOW DEMON (SLUAGH)

Named shadow demons, the Sluagh have been called from the Autumn Lands to serve as spies for the Dark Fey. Their cruel nature and insatiable appetite makes them easy to ensnare and recruit.

BAB: +6
CMB: +4
CMD: 19
AC: 18 (touch 14, flat-footed 16)
DAMAGE: Claws (1d6+3); bite (1d4+2)
HP: 30
SAVE: Fort +3 Ref +8 Will -1
SPECIAL: shadow form (becomes immune to normal damage); invisibility; telekinesis (DC 19)

GREEN KNIGHTS

The main line of allied warriors, the Green Knights are the living embodiment of heroism. Many Fey join their ranks in defense of Alessia.

BAB: +3
CMB: +2
CMD: 13
AC: 18 (touch 10, flat-footed 11)
DAMAGE: Longsword (1d8+2)
HP: 20
SAVE: Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +2
SPECIAL: protection from evil; cure light wounds; bless


SATYRS


The festive satyrs are less used to war than the Knights, but they lend their support with clever incantations and ranged attacks.

BAB: +3
CMB: +4
CMD: 15
AC: 17 (touch 13, flat-footed 15)
DAMAGE: Short bow(1d6+3); Short sword (1d6+1); horns (1d6+1)
HP: 25
SAVE: Fort +2 Ref +4 Will -1
SPECIAL: charm person; sleep; suggestion


DRUIDS


Those who commune with nature. |They serve alessians by stimulating crop growth and mediating the relationship between the Fey and the Ents of the surrounding woods.


BAB: +1
CMB: +2
CMD: 13
AC: 16 (touch 10, flat-footed 11)
DAMAGE: Ent staff (1d6+2)
HP: 15
SAVE: Fort +0 Ref +1 Will +5
SPECIAL: aspect of the falcon; call animal; charm animal; flaming sphere; iron skin; call lightning.
[/sblock]
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6847138]Charlotte of Oz[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=1231]Kaodi[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]
 

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top