Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

Shayuri

First Post
"You're one to lecture me in shame?" Aranel inquires dryly. "Come to your senses. I, and these humans, are here to unravel the mystery of the sickness. You and yours will benefit from our efforts. There is no shame to be had here."

Their reaction does seem a little strange, she muses to herself. Nymphs could be territorial, but were rarely modest.

"If you wish to dress, feel free to do so. We will wait."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 0

“Alas, our apologies, dear beauty,” Daxio said, giving a gallant bow to the nymphs. “We were told only that you were here, not that you were in such a...natural state.” There was a bit of a mischievous twinkle in his blue eyes as he tried to catch a peek here and there, flashing the beautiful nymphs a handsome smile. “Alas, if I were only a bard, I would sing of your beauty. Unfortunately, all I can do is offer humble and sincere admiration, and a token gift.”

With a flourish of his hand, he magically produced a water lily and leaned down to send it floating through the water toward the bashful nymph.

“As the lovely Aranal has said, we come to aid such beautiful maidens as yourself in your plight. Goliath and Alanor have sent us hither.”

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Diplomacy: 1D20+24 = [14]+24 = 38
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 122/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 9/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (4/4/5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (4/4/5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (4/4/4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (4/4/3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (4/4/2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (2/2/1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
The nymphs' attitudes towards the arrivals change as they listen to Aranel's admonestations and Daxio's flatteries. They do set out to dress, but do so on a slow, provocative tone. And in doing so they leave no quarter for doubt, for they are skilled in the arts of charisma, indeed. The gestures might be both inviting and challenging, depending on the eyes set upon them. To Daxio, they seem to promise pleasures still unamed, but to Aranel a sense of lazy provocation is the lay of the coreography.

"You are here on accout of the disease... Hardly a plague, I'd say!" - one of them mocks. "The feeble-minded have acquired it. It surely comes as no surprise that the most travelled among us were the first to be targeted." - she continues, covering hips and bosom as slowly as possible.

"I'd say it's not the case... Surely those affected might be the ones closely related to that dreadful castle" - a second one speaks her mind. "I heard that all the afflicted were, at one point or another, in the presence of the priestess" - her glance is filled with despise, and targets Aranel first.

"Oh, please..." - a third one begins. "You only say that out of hate for the priestess... Solely because..." - a cursing look from the second one and the third one swallowed her words. "Well, who's to know what caused this... I heard the human lords cursed the castle... The bowels of that monstrosity are now festering with disease and decay... All because of their demise when we entered this place"

"Who's to know anything..." - the first one starts over. "If there's a curse, it affects those too lazy or too lenient to compromise. It might be a curse, but spoken by the mouth of our dead youth, the elfic beauty sacrificed in the stone..."
[MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=813]jmucchiello[/MENTION]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Laholt/Alessia
Afternoon
Round 0

Daxio leaned against a low stone wall, taking great pleasure in the slow dressing of the beautiful nymphs, catch the eye of one here and there, flashing his trademark smile. At one point he said, “Allow me,” and got up to help with a particularly stubborn garment, giving a gentle caress of bare skin, a brush of lips on shoulder, before stepping back.

“The castle, you say? And who is this priestess? What has she done to offend such beauty?” He gave a pout. “And what were those afflicted expected to compromise on?” he asked.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 122/122 NL: 0
AC: 19 FF: 14 T: 15
CMD: 20
Fort: 10 Ref: 10 Will: 13
Armed: Dagger
Arcane Reservoir: 9/15/day
Consume Spells: 5/5/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0 (9): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
1 (4/4/5): Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Magic Missile, Vanish
2 (4/4/5): Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 (4/4/4): Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4 (4/4/3): Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5 (4/4/2): Dominate Person, Hold Monster
6 (2/2/1): Mass Suggestion

Spell Book:
0: All
1: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Featherfall, Grease, Liberating Command, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Silent Image, Vanish
2: Darkvision, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3: Dispel Magic, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fly
4: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5: Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster
6: Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
When Daxio distracts the 'second' nymph, Aranel gestures to the third.

"You there, come over here. There's something I'd like to ask you."

Ideally, once separated from the somewhat domineering one, she'd have more to say.

Zyara quietly interposes herself between the 'second' nymph and the nymph Aranel waved over. She hopes to help Aranel isolate the nymph.

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
“The castle, you say? And who is this priestess? What has she done to offend such beauty?” He gave a pout. “And what were those afflicted expected to compromise on?” he asked.

The nymph seems to delight in the attention Daxio directs towards her. And that seems more than enough to loosen her lips.

"Gallena, the priestess, has been involved in this long, silent feud against Allanor's covenant. It comes as no surprise to me that he falls ill soon after she convinces him to partake in her purification rituals. It seems to be a common sight, if you ask me..." - she continues. "For the most part, Allanor and his group are inclined to build this place under elfic standards... Gallena has been calling people out to Demetria, her goddess. And Gallena resents those not inclined to follow her..." - a shadow falls over her face, and she says no more.

"You there, come over here. There's something I'd like to ask you."

The nymph follows Aranel, seemingly excited by the commotion. Their behavior seems quite juvenile, despite the graveness of the topics being flung around.

@Neurotic @MetaVoid @Shayuri @Charlotte of Oz [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]

An elf emerges from the water behind the fountain.

"Apologies for not coming forward earlier, strangers aren't common here. I believe we have a goal in common. My name is Arundiel. I'm also investigating isčezavanje, the wasting. We were just discussing it. Allanor is nearly gone."

Remove ads