Pathfinder 1E IC - Tideruler: The Fall of Laholt

OOC: Who does it sound like the nymph is mocking? The party or Gallena. Sense Motive: [roll0]
EDIT: Odd to feel like a 26 result is low. :)

Zyara nods as her monastic tradition is mentioned.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
EDIT: Odd to feel like a 26 result is low. :)
OOC: Yeah, I was just thinking about that when I posted my roll. On the other hand, fighter not specced for perception (me) has +17 with not-full ranks. Rogue could probably spot him blindfolded.

"As mentioned before, Gallena the priestess wants fey to reign supreme. Humans and other le...erm...mortal races will be met with silent disapproval. Chains would provide short distraction, but would undermine the authority of anything you might wish to say. That wasn't really serious suggestion - it would only help if you really kept silent and non-intruding. But that is completely your decision, I can take whole group no problem. She probably knows you're all here."

OOC: So, do we proceed to the castle or there are more questions?

Archon, now that you're back, I mostly finished the character, fully by the books familiar - you might want to tweak some to fit the story. PM me if there is something that needs clarification

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Will do, @MetaVoid! Sorry for the time-out. I'll deal with it as I deal with @Neurotic's gear list on Amberstar - before he kills me, hehehe!]

EVERYONE

"As mentioned before, Gallena the priestess wants fey to reign supreme. Humans and other le...erm...mortal races will be met with silent disapproval. Chains would provide short distraction, but would undermine the authority of anything you might wish to say. That wasn't really serious suggestion - it would only help if you really kept silent and non-intruding. But that is completely your decision, I can take whole group no problem. She probably knows you're all here."

"Oh, I think it would help!" - the second nymph, which first suggested the binding and the castle's involvement in this crisis, approaches Daxio with a mesmerized glance. Clearly, she enjoys the traveler's disposition, and in fact it seems to cause a transformation in her entire behavior. Moss and the elves are used to it: nymphs have developed an astounding mimetic skill. Their personalities adapt to whatever the situation asks. Zyara is quick to notice, and Daxio is not left ignorant, knowing the best - and worst - habits of nymphs.

"She surely does!" - the first nymph completes the elf's statement. "In fact, I'd be surprised if she haven't already taken measures to benefit from your presence here. Think about it: you'll step before the most sacred of areas. You have Aranel with you - and with her the face of an entire elfic community, so far considered an ally - not to mention a possible alliance with a respected monastery. You also have the everlasting presence of Goliath's personal friend" - she points towards Daxio - "and that's also something to consider, since Goliath is a close friend to Allanor. She won't fight you, surely... But I'd tread carefully if I were you..."

"Oh, sut up!" - the second nymph turns quickly over her shoulders, sushing the first one. "She's a mood-killer..." - she continues to glance at Daxio as a gluttonous child.

MOSS

The perched dragonette watches the conversation. Suddenly, an owl appears, flying from behind. It perches on the same branch, right on his side. It seems unmolested by daylight. It's head turns, alternating between the group and the kobold-dragon, rearranging its feathers now and then.

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @MetaVoid @Charlotte of Oz

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Moss looks curiously at the bird, his last years above ground making him somewhat familiar with local wildlife. He recognizes it as sort of night predator, but why it is here in the daylight eludes him. He squints in bright light, no better off than te beast. He moves slowly toward it trying to frighten it without revealing himself. Remembering something else, he stops the movement and concentrates.

Focusing his will upon the bird, he puts subtle pressure on birds back, causing it to open its wings if not outright fall down. As soon as it moves, he changes pressure point to just under the wing, then front.

Just as he starts having fun he remembers something else. This is the place of elves; nature and magic entwined and he is maybe just now harrasing the high druid or a warden of the forest. He stops, looks at the bird again and mumbles

"Sorry about that, won't happen again." before settling down to observe the group.

[roll0]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"All right," says Aranel, with just a touch of emphasis on the second word. She gives the nymphs a respectful bow of her head. "Thank you, all of you, for this wisdom you have shared. When the curse of this illness is lifted, you will share some part of the praise that follows for guiding us."

She works her head from side to side, easing some of the tension that came from controlling her impulse to snap at the flighty fey as they babbled. Yet, like rivers that were full mostly of mud...there were flecks of gold in what they said.

"I think it's time we met Gallena. While it might be more expeditious to send myself and Zyara ahead to cater to her prejudices...I believe it's important that we send a message of unity. I think we should all go. This city is fey, elf and human. We are here to help all of them. Let that show from the very outset."

She looked over the others in the group.

"Are we ready?"

"I agree," Zyara says, looking at her new companions. "We should all go together. And we should go post haste." Turning to nymphs, she adds, "Thank you for your guidance."

Remove ads