• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

SunGold

First Post
OOC:
In it's zombified state, it's not smart enough to do what it needs to do.

Lucky Surana! When it held onto the wall with one hook last round, I thought that was our hint that it was still smart enough to be aware of the falling danger (and therefore to use it against us). Glad to be wrong, hehe.

Uller

Adventurer
The Hook Horror in front of you is driven back by the ball of fury that Surana has become. Surana feels a surge of energy guiding her strikes from some unknown source. It's almost as if vulnerable areas on the monster are being illuminated to show her where to strike.

It swats at her with it's hooked arm while it continues to cling to the wall.

hook: [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Its arms slams into the wall over Surana's head,sending loose gravel bouncing harmlessly over her.

OOC:
[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], Erevan is up:

Current situation:

Hook Horror 1 (5' wide ledge)
Surana (5' wide ledge) - 20 hp left
Eldeth (moved up as far as she could)

15'

Shuushar
Erevan

Ezraen
Sarith

Topsy
Turvy

Bert
Orsik
Derendil

Hook Horror 3 (20' up)
Hook Horror 2 (20' down)

Last edited:

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:

Lucky Surana! When it held onto the wall with one hook last round, I thought that was our hint that it was still smart enough to be aware of the falling danger (and therefore to use it against us). Glad to be wrong, hehe.

Na. It seems pretty much like a zombie...its instinct to stabilize itself is overriding its instinct to destroy you, but it shows no sign of the kind of tactical thinking that would let it decide to grab you then leap off the ledge like a real predator. It's essentially just blocking your path and swinging.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Surana!" Erevan shouts in alarm as the enraged barbarian takes a heavy hit but keeps on attacking. "Be careful!"

The elf shoots another arrow at the monstrosity that is between them and their way through.

OOC: Yeah, I know Surana doesn't hear me, or if she does, won't heed the warning. But it feels right to do so, anyway. :)

Attack: [roll0]
+bless: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
+sneak attack: [roll3]

Uller

Adventurer
The arrow slams into the creature's neck. It reels a bit and is starting to weaken but pulls itself back up and comes toward Surana again.

OOC:
Do you guys want the NPCs to keep firing at the ones to the rear or turn their attention to the one to the front. Also, Sarith has Faerie Fire...he's been holding off on using it until the two at the rear get close enough to try to get both of them. He could ready that because they will almost certainly get close enough this round.

SunGold

First Post
OOC: IMO any NPC who can hit the one up front should be doing so. Derendil has a lot of hp but with both of them hitting for 2d6+4 at adv, that's a losing battle. Kill the front dude + flee is my vote.

SunGold

First Post
OOC:
OOC: Agreed, take out the front, while we all keep moving forward.

Moving forward is a good point. If everyone moves forward *right now* (especially Erevan, since he's got that 15' gap ahead of him) before the hook horrors go, we can guarantee Derendil one more round without getting hit. (The hook horrors' speed is 20', and they're currently 20' away, so if all of us shift forward 15' before they go, they'll be forced to dash to reach Derendil. Thank Moradin/Lathander/whoever that their init rolls sucked and they all go last!)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads