D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit hammered the piton in, tied a rope to it, tied a second rope to the first - having done this countless time before as a sailor - and slid down the rope, controllling his descent by wrapping and squeezing the rope between his legs just so. As he did so, he drew an arrow and aimed carefully at the foe below, hidden in the shadows.

2 action to prep the piton and rope
2 moves to move down

bonus action: Hide

Hiding in the darkness above, suspended on a rope: 1D20+9 = [13]+9 = 22

bonus action #2: extra coolness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAYhNHhxN0A

The spell was broken however, when he heard Sesto's declaration. From above, a hidden voice harshly wispered

"Uhhh....Don'tleavewithoutmeI'muphere!"

Fradak

Explorer
Lorenn attacks the Undead with Green Flame Blade.
OOC:
Movement: to an undead
Action: Attack J8 Lightblade attack; Greenflame Blade; Sneak; Second Target damage:
1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23
2D8+5 = [4, 6]+5 = 15
2D6 = [2, 3] = 5
1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3

Total: 20 on first target and 5 on second target (at 5ft)
Bonus Action: Disengage
Movement: Take some distance
Reaction: If hit (19-23) Shield.

[sblock=Statblock] HP: 19/48 HD: 0/4d6 - 0/3d8
AC: 17 (+2 Bladesong) (+5 Shield)
PP: 14
=============
Bladesong: 1/2
Arcane Recovery: 0/1
Spell slots:
1st: 1/4
2nd: 1/3
3rd: 1/2
Concentration:
Active Spell:
=============
Equipment:
Health Potions: 2/4
Coins:
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Imani's voice came through the sending stones: "I will await your command. I may be able to extend the duration of the teleportation circle beyond it's normal brief interval once it is open, but you are correct to assume that you should all be as ready to leave as you can be. Let me know! Gods be with you!"

The Diamond Staff spoke telepathically to Terrus: "If you mean to wrest control of the node from the Dracolich, you must be touching the black stone that the creature is caressing. Be wary! The Dracolich will respond if you disturb it!"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: @Prickly Pear As far as I can tell, you did Sesto and SnorLoska's extra actions, but not their main turns for this round. Unless I am missing something...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Mord, Udit, & Lorenn

Mord slipped past a skeleton and made for the raised "nest" of the Dracolich. The sides were crumbly and his foot broke through a patch of dry mud and plunged deep. The mud underneath was thick and toxic, and it burned his leg as he angrily swung his wand and blasted the skeleton he had left behind with eldritch force. Seeing it smash to pieces, he gave the ledge another go and scrambled his way up, finding himself nearest to the Diamond Staff, clutched in the massive bone paw of the Dracolich.

Udit speedily hammered in enough metal pitons to support his weight and slid down the rope until he was dangling forty feet in the air, not far from Lorenn.

Lorenn danced back over to help Terrus, sliding down the side of the "nest" and landing on the bones of the skeleton that the big Genasi had just smashed. He thrust out his flaming blade and decapitated the skeleton, whose skull dropped into the mass of toxic mud and sank. Lorenn leaped over the narrower bit of the mud patch and slid to a stop next to Sesto. Looking around, he could see that only one skeleton remained, and it was locked in combat with SnorLoska and an Angel, and didn't look like it would last long.

GM: I'll be back to finish ASAP. It may be that Sesto & SnorLoska don't need to do anything more to finish this fight.
Damage Taken:
(BGs) BSkeleton5 13 & 13 (Mord, Destroyed); BSk1 15 (Lorenn, Destroyed)
(PCs) Mord 10 Acid (Mud)
[sblock=Rolls]
Toxic Mud vs Mord (There was really no way around it).
Terrain: 2D8 = [5, 5] = 10
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Looking into it, I think the skeletons will be finished if SnorLoska rolls a full turn, so go ahead, 'Pear! (You can do Sesto, too, for good measure. Everyone else has gone.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Finally SnorLoska leaped into action, surprised about the extra vigour and speed he just felt. He attacked the remaining skeleton with such great fury that the bones flew everywhere.
Sesto rushed forward and touched SnorLoska's shoulder. He murmured a few words and some of Snorloska's wounds sealed.

Sesto took out the sending stone yet again and called out: Imani, I think we are ready...

Remove ads