D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit spoke up.

"Uuuh... if you can make illusions, how about an illusion of us running far away in another direction? Like.... there. If the dragon flies that way, he won't be able to see the way Zander, Pyrus and Draco are coming out. It would buy Aquaria some time..."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"That would be counter-productive, I'm afraid." Imani shook his head. "Any active illusions I send out would be more likely to draw his attention than confuse him, and he would almost certainly see through them on any close inspection. No, I think this rescue mission will be more a case of timing than of tricks. You must get them across the river while the dracolich has circled to the other side of the mountain or he will see you for sure."

OOC: Gasp! The Dracolich has a 27 passive perception and can make saving throws just because he feels like it!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Torbin, Pyrus, and Zander

The three-on-foot came to the gatehouse. It appeared that the few remaining cultists had been murdered by the Beast-Boys when the mercenaries had fled the temple around an hour before. No one was left alive guarding the gate, but the two horses that had belonged to Rowloe's wagon were still in the stables, panicky from the various earthquakes and the smell of blood.

The gate doors were slightly ajar, with just enough room to squeeze through, but they were blocked from being opened further by a very large (and newly present) black rock from the mountain above.

OOC: I guess poor Drako got buried under a pile of rocks, because I keep forgetting him now that his player is gone.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Torbin drew his bow and squeezed through the door first, relying on his keen senses to detect danger and scout the way ahead for the other two. Unfortunately, those horses were likely to have to stay where they were.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit perked up but then nervously glanced at the dracolitch

"Across the river? Uh... is there a boat somewhere? Because if so, I'm your man. If not I'm not sure what I can do..."

OOC: Player doesn't remember how big the river is, state, presence of bridge etc :(

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Loklafd declared, "I have one last two-man kayak, but you will have to find another way for the others to get across."

OOC: For those that don't remember (it was over a year ago, after all), the river is pretty wide and dangerous. It flows from the north to the south, and over a waterfall to the south after passing under a bridge that leads to and from the Watchtower. The bridge follows a switchback down a road to the south into a forest (part of Cormanthyr) There are quite a few rocks in the river, and it's pretty shallow under the bridge and as it goes over the falls.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases