D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (River Gang)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Kitchen was just that - a kitchen, with a boar slow-roasting over a large central fire-pit. The ceiling arched into a natural crack, which made for a good vent. A large table was covered with root vegetables and greens. A large man in an apron had just given up preparing a meal, and was instead carving the best-cooked bits off of the boar, and loading them into a great sack.

Bardaby said to the man, "Good job, Cookie. We're gonna need some of that for the road. We're outta here."

He then turned to the River Gang and said, "Anyone want some?"

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Looks delicious, Sesto said, but we have no time to eat now. Let's keep going to the Library, as the Beast suggested. Sesto pushed on, through the kitchen and towards the Library. I don't know for how much longer I can concentrate on my protective angels so let's haste!

eayres33

Explorer
Drako looks a little disappointed when Sesto turns down the food, he didn’t quite remember the last time he had eaten and the food did smell good.

“Yeah, you’re probably right, best to get moving,” Drako said as he stared hungrily at the food.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Going straight through the Kitchen (as opposed to turning left, where there was a door being 'tested' by someone on the other side) the River Gang came to a smallish guard-room. There were three Beast Boy mercenaries there, but they had already been informed by the Cook's assistant that the group was on its way, and they made only begrudging nods at the new arrivals. Two long hallways extended to the right and left of the guard-room. To the right, a long tunnel led to the Watchtower, while to the left a narrow corridor led to a single small door.

"That would be the Library." Bardaby informed them. "In all my time here, no one has ever used that door for any reason. It is locked, probably barred. Unless he's gone to see what all the fuss is, it's almost certainly got Murlien the Necromancer behind it, working on Gods-know-what."

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto waved Udit forward and asked him to check the door for traps, especially magical traps if at all possible. Sesto had a bad experience in the Alter room and he did not want to experience that feeling of necrotic energy surging through his body again! He shivered from the thought of it.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Udit is pretty sure there aren't any physical mechanisms trapping the door, but for all he knows there is a big glowing rune painted on the other side of the door that triggers off of a "living creature" opening the door, or something.

OOC: Believe it or not, Checking for Traps is widely considered an Investigation check in 5e. Making all those dumb rogues go "D'oh! Magical traps can even be an Arcana check. It IS possible to spot traps with Perception, if there's something to see. This one looks like a door. Thieves' Tools will allow you to remove parts of the door, which I suppose might reveal something, but usually that will probably set off any traps that are there. TT is more for taking out the trap once it's found."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit stepped back from the door and scratched his head

"Uh, so I can't see any traps but there could be some kind of death rune on the other side and I wouldn't know.... sorry "

He shrugged then bit into a chicken leg.

"Is this the only way in? Could we trap him in there?"

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

Remove ads