D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
So... I'm struggling a bit to understand the situation. The fastest way for Pyrus, Zander and Torbin is to cross the river over some rocks. We have to go there and help them cross, somehow?

I think Udit could place himself in a sort of rescue position with a kayak just downstream, but only if the water isn't crazy rough...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The water is rough enough that you'd have to roll, is all. The fastest way to get across is to (well, honestly it's to teleport, but otherwise...) swim or hold onto a kayak. The rocks are really far to the south. It would take too long to get there, and too long to get across.

EarlyBird

Explorer
LOL, a fun dungeon delve to be sure, thanks for allowing me to be a part of it. It was my first pbp after all, and I will always have great memories of the narrow escapes.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Same here, though it will be a bittersweet after this latest incarnation of Bob did so well for so long. Ah well, he's always been a bit too brave and stubborn for his own good. Not to mention reckless.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
There were often TPKs or near-TPKs in the Game Day version of this Adventure. You guys managed to only really lose Bob, if I remember right. That's pretty good, all things considered.

Of course, I did a lot of rebalancing of fights, and I made a LOT of stuff up. For example, only Imani the Sage and Silakul the Dragon Cultist are named in the adventure (aside from Dretchroyaster, obviously). Oh, and that skinny Lizardman in the lake, who's name currently escapes me: Guldred, or something like that. Oh, and Ironbark the Treant and the Trog Chief. (Okay, that's a few more than I thought)

But Corrah, Loklafd, Dunmire, Argyle, Bardaby "the Beast", and on and on are mine. Anything outside the dungeon I made up. The adventure just teleports you inside. A lot of things like the Earth Node and the Staff itself are hinted at in the adventure, but not really talked about. The Dracolich's Lair isn't shown (he's just in the crack in the last Vault).

There's not supposed to be any rests at all in the adventure, or levelling, so I had to come up with ways that the place would react to your being there whenever a night passed. (They had necromancers, and a lot of dead, so I figured they'd reanimate some people to shore-up their defenses).

You missed some treasure, but you missed a couple of encounters, too. Then again, you did MORE than the whole dungeon, and the adventure is designed to play in four hours by just b-lining it for the last vault. The adventure is set up so that each "team" (it IS meant to be run with multiple parties) just has to grab one Idol and use it to disarm a ward, and you're in. I made you gather all four, and came up with a more interesting way in which they are used.

Feel free to ask me any "Aftermath" questions, if you have any.

Remove ads