D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (River Gang)

eayres33

Explorer
Drako watched as the door opened as first Sesto then Kurzon and Udit charged into the room. As soon as Torbin unleashed his arrow. Drako stepped in front of him and unleashed two blasts of energy at the necromancer before taken cover behind the wall again.

OOC:
Drako moves to T18 unleashes two blasts EB and then moves back to R19
EBa: 1d20+7 18
EB 2: 1d20+7 20
EB 1 damage if hit: 1d10+4 14
EB 2 damage if hit: 1d10+4 9
[sblock=Stats]
AC 16
HP 22/45
Spd 30
Black Tentacle Rapier +6 1d8+3 magical
EB +7 to hit 1d10+4
Spell Slots 2 of 2
Invisibility, Misty Step, Shatter, Hunger of Hadar, Remove Curse, Fly, Fear[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Pyrus Fire beam: DC 14 dex Save or take [roll0] fire damage.

Auraia light crossbow: [roll1]
[roll2]

Both aiming for the necromancer.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Torbin & Udit

As the Door smashed open Torbin saw his mark and let an arrow fly over the shoulders of the rushing cleric and paladin. His arrow imbedded itself in the Necromancer's shoulder and the pale elf gasped as he stepped back, ready to defend himself as Kurzon approached him. Torbin fired another arrow with nearly no pause, but the big half-orc was partly in the way on one side, and Udit was moving in from the other. His arrow went between them, but glanced off the Necromancer's bone staff as the elf held it forward.

Udit jumped into the room behind Kurzon and he stayed behind the paladin until the last second. Then he leaped to the right and slashed high at the Necromancer, removing the elf's nose. It was a hideous, but not life-threatening wound, and the elf leaned back, eyes wide, face bloody. He was still able to finish his spell, however, and he brought his bone staff down to strike the ground. There was an extremely loud rumbling bang and the bones of his fallen skeleton scattered down the hall. Sesto, Kurzon, and Udit were blasted backward.

One of Sesto's angels flew at the Necromancer, glowing sword in hand. The elf ducked under the sweeping blow, but the bright light seared a long burn-mark on his face. Hideously wounded, the elf was still yet a formidable opponent.

GM: (At least until I do the rest of the PCs turns!)
[sblock=rolls]Spell: 3D8 = [5, 7, 3] = 15
Angel vs Necromancer
Save: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21
Necromancer vs Angel
Spell: 4D8 = [1, 7, 4, 2] = 14
Thunderwave (level 3) vs Sesto, Kurzon & Udit
[/sblock]
Gone: (PCs) Torbin, Udit; (BGs) Necromancer
Damage Taken: (PCs) Sesto, Kurzon & Udit 14 (7 with a dc14 Con Save);
(BGs) Necromancer 9, 22, 15(7)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Hmm... I was gonna resolve the round right away, but I kinda need to know if Sesto, Kurzon, and Udit make their saves before I can decide what the skeletons will do. (Because it's Thunderwave and they'll get thrown back 10 feet if they fail, which I guess I didn't mention above.) So when I collect that info, I'll finish it. Sorry it's taken so long.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: I'm pretty sure that the thieves damage halving ability is only vs attacks with an attack roll and not spells right? ah wlel

Udit instinctively dropped in a crouch, covering his head with folded arms instinctively and blunting the spell's effects on him

Con save vs necro spell: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22

He lowered his arms again and glared at the necromancer, murder in his eyes

[sblock=minisheet]Udit, the Lamarakhi, Human Rogue (thief, sailor), level 6
HP: 29/45, Hit dice: 6/6
AC: 15
Passive Perception 17
Saves: Str: +2, Dex: +6, Con: +2, Int: +3, Wis: +1, Cha: -1
Spells remaining 0/1. Potions of healing remaining: 1[/sblock]

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
OOC: UNCANNY DODGE
Starting at 5th level, when an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack's damage against you.

It says attack and not melee attack, which would indicate that uncanny dodge would halve the damage from a spell attack. However, Thunderwave is not an attack so unfunny dodge doesn't work, which is confirmed in this Sage Advice.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Drako, Auraia & Pyrus

As Sesto & Kurzon fell back from the force of the Necromancer's thunderwave, the elf moved behind Udit and swung his bone-staff, creating a magical shield. Drako's first blast of eldritch force was blocked by this vortex of swirling energy, but his second blast found it's way through. The warlock took cover behind the corner of the hallway.

The skeleton on the left rushed toward Sesto with a sword, an Angel flew after it, and slashed it with it's own glowing blade. Bones blackened from the searing light, but still the skeleton thrust its sword into the cleric's abdomen.

Pyrus sent his fire up the long hallway, but the Necromancer ducked behind his magical shield and the fire burst harmlessly around it. So too went Auraia's quarrel, splintering to dust on the swirling shield.

The skeleton on the right moved in beside its master, and it thrust a sword at Udit, but the spry rogue twisted to the side and avoided the blow. An angel stood ready to smite the creature, but the celestial was bound to Sesto, and the undead was just out of its reach.

GM:
[sblock=rolls]
Spell: 3D8 = [7, 5, 1] = 13
Angel vs Skeleton1
Save: 1D20 = [6] = 6
Skeleton1 vs Angel
Attack: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9
Skeleton1 vs Sesto (Crit!)
Crit: 1D8 = [2] = 2
Save: 1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16
Necromancer Dex vs Pyrus