[IC] Wandering Star : Heroes of the Middle Reaches (Part One)

The Digger

First Post
Charlotte swings sharply at the nearest prone guard before he can get to his feet. Her hit is a solid one although Avandra's gaze seems to be elsewhere at the moment as she seems to do little damage.

Seeing the other guard staring steadily at her, and aware of the fishy thing downstairsm the little rogue decides that discretion is the better part of valour and nips smartly backwards.

[sblock=OOC]Sly flourish vs AC, to hit 25AC, damage 8; Move to the doorway in P7 and draw shurikens[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
OOC Can I ask if it would be possible to have some way of recording the enemy defences and current wound levels. I don't mean what they've got left as we shouldn't know that, but just something on the conditions board like

Guard A: blinded; wounds 19, bloodied; Marked by Varilar; AC18, Fort 17, Ref 21, Will 16

That way we can know right away if an attack hits and can post accordingly, including use of Action Points etc. Also it may help us to target accordingly. I am in other games that use this or similar methods and it does help to speed things up.

helium3

First Post
The guard at Charlotte's feet is unable to react to the thief's quick retreat to the safety of the rear but the other is quite capable of doing so. With a quick smash he brings the head of his Halberd down and smacks the retreating hafling in the back of the head.

[sblock=Charlotte]You take 8 points of damage and are marked.

Also, when you rolled damage did you take into account having combat advantage?[/sblock]

helium3

First Post
The first guard grabs his halberd, stands and takes a brutal swipe at Varilar. He fails to connect though and the head of his weapon whistles through the air over the elven rogue's head.

The other takes a quick step around the corner, placing himself between Zarathas and the other guard.

Jorje lets loose another swirling cloud of phantasms around the guard but is unable to breach the guard's iron will.

With a wild strike he knocks the paladin square in the chest and slams the dragonborn to the ground.

[sblock=Zarathas]The guard inflicts 14 points of damage and you are knocked prone.[/sblock]
Varilar is completely shocked when the hafling who had been lurking around the corner hits him hard in the thigh with a stone from his sling. The hafling sneers and bares its feral little teeth at him.

[sblock=Varilar]8 damage from a sling with combat advantage[/sblock]
From where they are, Varilar and Zarathas can just barely see the still enshadowed Sea Devil. In the murk its eyes can be seen to be looking back and forth as if considering which way to go.

[sblock=Ranver]Your turn. You delayed all the way through the encounter so if you'd like to take two turns back to back you may.[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
As soon as Charlie steps aside, Varilar swoops in and drives his dagger into the back of guard.

[sblock=ooc] Move Action: step one square S
Standard Action: Piercing Strike vs. the guard, hits AC 15, for 14 damage, using +2 attack and sneak attack bonus due to CA. [/sblock]

Sparky

Ranver's attention snaps down the hallway as he hears the grunts of contact and pain. A shiver runs down his back at the wrongness in the air and his still-wet clothes do nothing to dispel the chill. He moves swiftly down the hall, mouth set in a grim line and assesses the situation. Words of power and divine succor reach out to the spark within Zarathas.

"Faith is your shield, Paladin, rise and let us bring justice to the defilers."

Ranver winces mentally, Who the hell said that?

[sblock=ooc]
Back to back, then, Double move to get down the hall and then a regular turn
Move: Move to Q8
Minor: Healing Word on Zarathas, Z, spend a surge and add 8
Standard: Aid another, Zarathas - Intimidate (hint hint!) Ugh... fail...
[/sblock]

Last edited:

helium3

First Post
[sblock=Retcon]My apologies for this retcon. Things got a little screwy and I'm posting some procedural changes in the OOC thread so that this is less likely to happen again. The major difference being that the Sea Devil was able to take an action besides just moving up.[/sblock]

Charlotte attacks the human guard and slices a long tear through his chain mail and across his chest. She scampers back and out of reach but not before the other human guard lands a blow with his halberd and let's her know he has her number.

Varilar steps in and strikes wildly at the prone guard, missing even with the combat advantage the guard kindly grants him.

[sblock=Varilar and Charlotte]You both thought you were attacking the red human guard but because of a lack of clarity on my part you didn't realize that Horto's attack with the sling zeroed him out. So, I simply attached your attacks to the blue guard and chose not to worry about how exactly that was accomplished. :) Now that I'm color labeling creatures of the same type this shouldn't be such a problem barring outright stupidity on my part.[/sblock]

The first guard stands up and hammers Zarathas with a powerful strike, knocking the dragonborn to the floor.

[sblock=Zarathas]14 points of damage and you're knocked prone as before[/sblock]

The other guard moves into place and attack Varilar similarly, the difference being that the blade of the Halberd whistles through the air a few inches above the thieve's head.

From out of the darkness the hafling slinger strikes, ringing Varilar's bell with a well slung stone.

[sblock=Varilar]The sling stone hits and does 8 points of damage. On the plus side you can see the hafling slinger now.[/sblock]

Then, his eyes narrowed with menace the Sea Devil advances and takes a stab at the rogue as well. The nimble elf is able to deftly sidestep the jab and the Sea Devil hisses with rage and then calls out to his lackeys, "We must clear a path!!"

Ranver then moves in from the front of the house and bolster's the morale of the dragonborn paladin.

[sblock=Varilar]Based on the way I would like to handle delaying from now on, it's your turn.[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
"Zarathas!" Horto cries out. "My sword is ready to aid in the fight if you can but step to the right! Hey, that rhymes!"

[sblock=OOC Zarathas]
If you could move to the right during your turn that will leave a space for me to charge into.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads