[IC] Wandering Star : Heroes of the Middle Reaches (Part One)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Zarathas takes a look of the situation and takes a deep inhale... With the outhale he releases a blast of freezing blizzard and moves in to pin the enemies between himself and Charlotte.

[sblock=OOC]Breath at straight infront so technically it'd take T-V/8-10, but because of lines of effects I think it actually goes to a lot smaller area. Doesn't matter since I get at least two of them if not all? Then move one square up to V8.
Attacks vs Ref & Damage (1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=13, 1d20+5=23, 1d6+2=3)[/sblock]

helium3

First Post
The blast of arctic air that blasts forth from the dragonborn's muzzle catches the two thugs directly in front off guard and leaves them momentarily stupefied and covered in icicles and crackling frost. The guard standing atop the remains of the tripwire is favored by luck and the corner of the intervening wall shields him from the worst of the cold.

[sblock=Zarathas]The guard in T9 has cover from your blast and the second roll you made would have missed if it was against that thug. You didn't specify which attack targeted which thug, so I rolled randomly to determine that.

Using your breath weapon is a minor action, so you still have a standard since all you've done besides that is shift one square.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Don't forget that the thugs in U8 has kindly granted everyone combat advantage until the end of Charlie's next turn by virtue of being blinded. The thug in T8 has also granted everyone combat advantage and will continue to do so until he stands up.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
[Sblock=OOC]Oh, bugger. I didn't realise that it was just a minor. I'll pull a Holy Strike at the thug that's adjacent also. Attack vs AC & Damage (1d20+6=23, 1d8+4=11) Good rolls :D[/sblock]

After stepping in through the lingering frost Z' follows through with an upswing of his sword. The holy light shining from the blade is as cold as Z's stare as he tries to cut down the blasphemer.

helium3

First Post
The paladin's sword cuts a deep wound across the frost covered thug's chest and blood begins to pour from it.

[sblock=Horto]Your turn.[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Horto looks over Zarathas's shoulder, looking for an opening, but finds none. Damnit, we need more room! he thinks.

A smile forms on Horto's lips as he remembers his sling. He quickly puts away his sword, takes out his trusty childhood weapon, and fires a bullet at the nearest enemy.

[sblock=OOC]
minor - put away sword
minor - pull out sling
ranged basic attack hits AC 22 for 8 damage

Target is marked (unless Zarathas already marked in which case I will not mark)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Horto Dandorin
Init +2 Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 17 Reflex 14 Will 13
Hit Points: 29 / 32 Bloodied: 16
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: available
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 7 / 10
Encounter Powers: Covering Attack
Daily Powers: Villain's Menace
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Fuming in frustrated impatience, Varilar finally does something, though it feels less direct than he prefers. He draws a dagger and throws it at the blinded thug.

[sblock=ooc] Yeah, but they get cover from being prone, and the one that isn't blinded only grants CA to melee attacks.

Minor Action: Draw a dagger
Standard Action: Throw dagger at U8, so -2 for being prone, and -2 for cover from the thug in T8, with all of those penalties, it hits AC 18 for 21 damage. [/sblock]

helium3

First Post
The stone from Horto's sling strikes directly in the middle of the thugs forehead and for a moment the air is filled with a sick wet crack like the sound of a melon's rind shattering on the floor. His eyes cross and then he crumples loosely to the floor.

[sblock=Varilar]I'm assuming you want to redirect your attack to a different thug since he went down before your action?[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Jorje waits for the first enemy to enter is sight, then he summons again images born in nightmares.

[sblock=OOC]
Illusory Ambush (vs will) (1d20+4=10, 1d6+5=10)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Jorje
Perception: 12 Insight: 17 Normal Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 6 / 8
Encounter Powers: Grasping Shadows
Daily Powers: Phantom Chasm

[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads