• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] WD's Against the Orcs

Padreigh

First Post
Argivion spent some minutes outside, chopped the monsters' heads off and placed them on the wall.

In the morning he stands at the ruined gate when Gunter and his cronies leave.

"Fare thee well, Gunter", he says with a smile on his face.
"If I see an orc with stomach troubles I will know that you have found a new home."

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
As soon as the morning light is enough to see well, Nerve goes out and thoroughly sweeps the area around the village and into the forest, trying to find any tracks or traces of the orcs to indicate where they came from.

As Gunter and his cronies are leaving the village, Nervir just happens to be coming back. "It is foolish to throw your life away by being too proud to admit a mistaken opinion. But your life is your life, do as you must." He adds one word in his head: Idiot.

Once Gunter is gone he reports his findings to his companions and Adelmar.[sblock=OOC]Perception for finding orc tracks: (1d20+11=19)[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: Nerve found one suspicious track. A medium sized heavy humanoid moved with the other orcs, the ogre and the wolf. But he stayed beheind the bushline during the attack and flewed in the direction of the approaching horde.

Niehaus

First Post
After helping Argivion erect his grim message to future attackers, William stumbles past the appreciative villagers and heads towards the hall where he promptly falls asleep, mumbling something about halfling villages and gates the whole way.

The next morning William notices Gunter leaving and cries out, "Mah a godez o ickery..." He begins swallowing the last bites of his breakfast. "...guide you on an even path."

As Gunter moves past the gates Nervir comes into view, after hearing the elf's report William wonders aloud. "Do you think that first attack was just to test the villages defenses? If so their understanding of tactics may exceed what Argy initially thought. The orcs more than likely figured out that the force that killed their raiding party on the road was headed here and they wanted to test our medal before they sent an all out attack. We need to be prepared they have a far better idea what thier up against now, and all we have to go on is what Nervir has told us."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Yes, this is troubling. I hoped the orcs would not probe our defenses, or at least that they wouldn't leave an observer to report back."

The elf looks into the distance for a moment, then continues, "It is likely I could track the observer down without being seen to see where he went, but at this point the damage is already done. Hunting the orc down would not grant us any benefit other than revealing another of our abilities."

Padreigh

First Post
"So the orcs seem to be rather intelligent, hm? Hm... Or maybe they are being lead by someone or something smarter then they are."

Argivion looks at the gate.

"Be it as it may, we still have to do something about the defences of this place ... and we should hurry."

Walking Dad

First Post
Shortly after dawn the remaining villagers gather to begin work on the fence. Lumber must be cut, post holes dug, and stakes sharpened before any further length can be erected.

ooc: At lest one of you should supervise the work and maybe patake.

There are 6 men, 7 women and 6 children left in Roxbury (excluding the group and Adelmar. Two died in the last fight. The others are trying to reach the next big city.

Who of you takes the things Adelmar offers?

Padreigh

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Very well, I'll take the stuff unless one of the others protest, I'll also supervise the construction. Although I am not much help when it comes to lifting stuff ... [/sblock]

Niehaus

First Post
Looking over Adelmar's offering William examines the statue of the god of civilization and asks the old man. "Erathis is extermly important to your village. Why give us what I'm sure is one of the few relics you have of her's?"

[sblock=ooc]William wouldn't mind a healing potion from the loot given unless the group feels some one else needs it more. If we're splitting it 5 ways we'd each get a potion or 50 gold.

Looks like the statue is probably a story element unless it's worth something and was just part of the monetary loot in which case I'd like to see what happens if we try to give it back to the village.

Asuming it takes diplomacy and maybe some intimidation to organize the strengthening of the defenses William would like to help with getting the wall ready for another attack.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"Erathis is very important for our village. A village you just save. Please take it as a sign of the city god, that yours is a task he appreciates." Adelmar answers.

[sblock=OOC] It is worth something and is part of the loot. [/sblock]

Remove ads