• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] WD's Against the Orcs

Walking Dad

First Post
The dragonborn fighters blow slices the last attacker wide open.

--------

You stand all amid the bloodshed. Slowly, one by one enter other residents of Roxbury the site. The beginning cheering about your glorious defense of their home is overshadowed by their grief about the death of the guards. Not only guards but also brothers, husbands and fathers.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Nervir walks up to the fleeing orc he killed to make sure it is dead. Then he stows his bow, retrieves his rapier and shuriken and sheathes them both, and silently walks back into the village. The elf wastes no words or energy on celebration. "Are you all ok? Were any other villagers harmed?" he inquires, turning to look at each group in turn.

Padreigh

First Post
Argivion walks over to the dead ogre and looks down.

"My condition is acceptable."

He then walks over to Nervir.

"I would like to put the heads of those creatures up on the pallisades. This might cause the orcs to be careful, thus buying us time.
If it enrages them ... well, that also works in our favour. Their poor understanding of tactics would be reduced even more."

Insight

Adventurer
Argivion walks over to the dead ogre and looks down.

"My condition is acceptable."

He then walks over to Nervir.

"I would like to put the heads of those creatures up on the pallisades. This might cause the orcs to be careful, thus buying us time.
If it enrages them ... well, that also works in our favour. Their poor understanding of tactics would be reduced even more."

Paranthraxus wipes the ogre blood off his longsword. "I am in agreement. A message needs to be sent."

"As for the villagers,"
he continues, "I've not seen any of them since the melee started. Perhaps they ran away."

renau1g

First Post
"Bah! Good fer nothin' orcs, we better burn the bodies, else the stink'll make us sick, or we could just dump their bodies outside of the city and let the buzzards have their dinner?" Mordok says with a tiny laugh, imagining that scene.

He kneels beside the body of the enemy he felled and wipes clean the blood on its grimy clothing. Standing he turns back to the onlookers and smiles at their meager applause, whispering to Argivion "You think they got any coin for our help or just their gratitude? Maybe we can get a meal outta them at least. Fighting always works up my appetite"

Insight

Adventurer
"Bah! Good fer nothin' orcs, we better burn the bodies, else the stink'll make us sick, or we could just dump their bodies outside of the city and let the buzzards have their dinner?" Mordok says with a tiny laugh, imagining that scene.

He kneels beside the body of the enemy he felled and wipes clean the blood on its grimy clothing. Standing he turns back to the onlookers and smiles at their meager applause, whispering to Argivion "You think they got any coin for our help or just their gratitude? Maybe we can get a meal outta them at least. Fighting always works up my appetite"

"Whatever we decide to do next," the dragonborn says, "I believe we must do it quick. More orcs could be upon us at any time."

Walking Dad

First Post
The night ends without further disturbances.

-------

ooc: Long rest for all!

-------

On the next morning, only Gunter and some of his cronies are willing to left their new protectors. Adelmar will stay with the rest of the people in the village. He deeply thanks them and gives them the most precious things the rural temple has to offer:

Two potions of healing, a small statuette of Erathis and 150 gold.

ooc: You can still roleplay the parting of Gunter and the others.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads