[IC] WD's Against the Orcs

Niehaus

First Post
Once William and his crew are done working on the log traps they head to the eastern side of town to help Argivion and Morduk with their projects. "Setting up the log traps went more quickly than I expected so we thought you gents could use a hand digging in this muck." With that that Halfling grabs a shovel that's obviously to big for him and directs those with him to do the same.

As the paladin wrestles with his large implement he mentions to Argivion, "This should free up some of your workers to make spikes and caltrops to give these holes alittle extra zing!" The Halfling can't hide a grin as he thinks about the mischief their traps might cause.

[sblock]Placing seven spiked pits total. Three at L 23-25 and four at M 22-25 This should form one large hole of spikey destruction for the orcs to trudge threw.

Just behind the pit I'd like to put a row of caltrops in N 23-25 to make it harder to move out of the pits. And that should eat up all ten points two points on the log traps, seven points on the spiked pits, and one point for the three squares of caltops.

As long as none of the other players have anything to amend to this I think we're ready for some orcs.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Padreigh

First Post
Argivion watches the construction of the traps with a sceptical look.

"Astonishing, how much they can do in one day if properly motivated", he scoffs.
"Let's hope it is enough."

He then turns to his fellow adventurers.
"We should try to stay close to each other when an attack comes. That way we can concentrate our attacks on enemy leaders or extremly dangerous opponents. Now, where would be the best spot for us ..."

Niehaus

First Post
"If we position ourselves in the middle of the village we'd be able to respond to an attack from any side, and we could put a few villagers at each end to warn us. They could also trigger the log trap as the orcs come in to give us a little more time." William states.

renau1g

First Post
"We should have Nerve give us a heads up to where they orcs are comin' so we can get ready at that location. That is if they don't just surround us and attack from all sides" Mordok suggests, finishing his labours and returning to the group.

Padreigh

First Post
"An attack from several sides is my greatest concern as well.", Argivion admits.

He shakes his head and then adds with a smile:
"Bah, sometimes you just have to trust your luck and think on your feet. One can plan too much ..."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"I am concerned about attacks from multiple directions as well. But worrying about it now is pointless; the orcs will attack tonight, all we can do now is wait." As Nerve turns to leave, he adds, "I will continue my patrol around the village. I'll leave the rest of you to find your own positions."

Niehaus

First Post
"In order to keep a repeat of lastnight's battle where Argivion was almost killed I think we should all stand watch together at the center of the village." William comments, "That way we can guard against an attack from any side with out exposing any one member. We can post the towns people at the 2 openings in the walls with an instruction to warn us if orcs approach maybe we could set up a signal for them to call us."

renau1g

First Post
"Maybe we can grab a couple of pots or pans and have 'em bang 'em together if they see something? I'm worried if they attack at night, the humans can't see well at night." Mordok says, but lacks a better plan so he'll rest as much as possible in preperation of the evenings battle.

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: Are you ok with your positions on the new map?
T1-4 are townguards
The other villagers are with Adelmar (green A) in the main hall.

Last edited:

Remove ads