• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General "I'd like to run (or play in) an all ___________ campaign." (+)

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
We did all bards briefly in IceWind Dale. I say briefly since our first combat encounter was with an Ogre and his sidekick/familiar/pets. 1st level almost TPK lol. Not a full TPK, since we didn't complete the combat that first night, and I wasn't able to make the second night. So the other bards all died, while mine actually finished the campaign as the only remaining bard...

Clint_L

Legend
We did all bards briefly in IceWind Dale. I say briefly since our first combat encounter was with an Ogre and his sidekick/familiar/pets. 1st level almost TPK lol. Not a full TPK, since we didn't complete the combat that first night, and I wasn't able to make the second night. So the other bards all died, while mine actually finished the campaign as the only remaining bard...
To be fair, an ogre is a tough fight for almost any level 1 party, especially an ogre who has help! One average hit will KO anyone who isn't a barbarian.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
To be fair, an ogre is a tough fight for almost any level 1 party, especially an ogre who has help! One average hit will KO anyone who isn't a barbarian.
Yup, proof. The issue is that for 1st level of any single class that hasn't hit their sub-classes yet is you don't have some of the critical components of a healthy party - we had no tank, and really no striker either who could do fat damage from range or close up

tbh, not sure what subclass of bard would work as a tank. Might've had to mutli-class

I ran a campaign for five years wherein I only allowed humans. Campaigns don't last five years if you're not having fun. We had a barbarian for awhile and even a sorcerer, but the two most consistent players were thieves. In the end the campaign developed into a thieves guild/pirating adventure. Many fond memories.

Clint_L

Legend
I've wanted to run an all-maritime campaign for ages (as in, mix of species, classes, etc. but most/all of the action takes place at sea) but none of my players have ever shown the least bit of interest.
Last year's beginner campaigns were built around pirates, mostly took place at sea or on islands and were super fun. But now I want to go a step further and do an undersea campaign, as I've been painting a ton of miniatures for that setting.

I would like to do an all halfling adventure.

I would also like to do an adventure wherein all the characters are members of a noble family.

I did an all Hellknight adventure, but it was just a short two-session side quest.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
I'd really like to run an all SRD game, because sub-classes and feats get on my nerves.

• An all-dwarf campaign. That ended up part way through inheriting the title of a fallen dwarf clan and became a campaign to repopulate . . .
Sounds kinky. But don't dwarves just sprout out of the ground, given the lack of a female sex?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
What if the answer is, "I don't know, Part of the fun is finding out what we do accomplish and how it plays differently"?

Then I will probably let that seat go to someone else. I have little enough time to play - I am not usually going to make a commitment when the GM has so little actual concept behind a major theme in their game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads