• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General "I'd like to run (or play in) an all ___________ campaign." (+)

ezo

I cast invisibility
What fills your blank?
I'm surprised at the number of people who haven't gotten to play an "All ________" game!

Let's see...

AD&D
  • All thieves (including thief-acrobats and assassins)
  • All "knights" (this game revolved around a main PC-- a Cavalier. Every one else played a retainer: all 0-level or higher Cavaliers/Paladins), which was a spin-off of the main game
  • All "fighters" (includes fighters, paladins, rangers--pre Unearted Arcana)
  • All Elves
  • All Dwarves
5E:
  • All monks (and all "animal-heads")
  • All 25' speed (current game, completely by accident, two dwarves, a halfling, and a gnome)

There's probably more if I think about it.

I can't think of anything I would want to do now, but I'm sure something will come up eventually.

For me, dragonborn. I want to see what other people come up with to flesh out the idea, since the default dragonborn is kind of narrow but the race has potential all over the place.

Or rogues. Do a heist, use those skills!

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I'm surprised at the number of people who haven't gotten to play an "All ________" game!
Add me to that list.

Nearest I've ever come was I was going to be a player in an all-Dwarf game. We got as far as rolling up characters but the puck never did hit the ice.

Still have that character sheet around here somewhere, 30+ years later. :)

I've been in (and run) games that started out all-xxx but the up-front intent all along was that it'd be a temporary restriction, e.g. your first character has to be an xxx but anything goes after that. In my eyes those don't really count as all-xxx.

Richards

Legend
The closest I've ever come was in my son's second 3.5 campaign, "Raiders of the Overreach," in which he had us all create PCs that had been captured by the drow and were now slaves in an Underdark drow city. We ended up with a dwarf barbarian, a dwarf fighter, a gnome cleric of Fharlanghn, a human sorcerer, and a lizardfolk.

Johnathan

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I totally want an all bard game.

• the strong one (valor bard)
  • the smart one (lore bard)
  • the dreamy one (glamour bard)
  • the quick one (sword bard)
  • the spokesman (eloquence bard)
  • the artist (creation bard)
  • the sly one (whisper bard)
What more do you need?