D&D General "I'd like to run (or play in) an all ___________ campaign." (+)

All wizard college in a similar vein to the Mage's Guilds or College of Winterhold in the Elder Scrolls.

All artificer party during a magical industrial revolution.

All martials in a world of the supernatural, but not overly magical. No mages, no magical swords, no floating castles in the sky. Just fighters, rogues, barbarians, monks, and spell-less variants of paladins, rangers, and bards.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
I've done a few.

All dwarves. Set in a Dwarven realm. Really let us play with a lot of the stereotypes. Leaned heavily into everyone's role as a member of the community.

All children of a dead beat dad. We have a half elf, half orc, and aasimar. Dad did eventually show up but did not get the beating I'd expected him to get.

One-off all rogues game. Everyone had to be a member of the same gang. I then ran them through the plot of The Warriors.

All bards. I played in this one. We were a band who'd sold our souls for fame and riches. The adventure was us trying to escape our contract.

An all animal races game. So ratlings, lizard folk, cat folk, tengu, vanara (ape folk) were all acceptable.

corwyn77

Adventurer
Probably digital tools between sessions for communicating and prepping but no electronics at the table at all. Just hard copy books, character sheets, and pencils. And dice. Lots of dice.
That's actually my entire gaming life. I have physical copies/printouts for all the games I run, mostly Savage Worlds or GURPS, no devices at the table. Sorry you can't find your way to it.

corwyn77

Adventurer
I always wanted to do an All Goblinoid campaign (goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears, oh my!) in which the characters would be low level grunts in the hobgoblin army. They could work their way up the system through missions, backstabbing, and dirty politics, or try to form a rebellion against the dark lord sending them out to be slain by adventurers.
Friend of mine took a group from D&D Encounters and started a home brew of modified D&D where all the PCs are goblins from the same village with very simplified rules for magic. He has moved to China but they're working on a way to online the whole thing. It's mostly goofing off and stabbing each other in the back while gathering up a force of their own.

corwyn77

Adventurer
Do it the way someone suggested for an Adventure! series: medieval Europe, but each monastic order has a special fighting style - Gregorians, Jesuits, Franciscans, Templars, all monks that way. Some styles inherited from antiquity, others imported from Asia and Africa (or even the Americas, like the Iroquois kung fu seen in Brotherhood of the Wolf), some developed recently. Classic martial arts story conventions would apply for plots: school rivalries, stolen secrets, and all that.
Pathfinder 2 or Feng Shui would be really good for that with each character having their own unique schtick, as it were.

Remove ads