• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ideas for a viking campaign needed

s/LaSH

First Post
It's good background, but doesn't have much 'vike' to it, and if you throw it in immediately there might be player disconnects. I'd recommend giving them time to get used to the status quo before you break it, handily enough getting rid of the king during an expedition so they don't get the opportunity to screw up history.

You were searching earlier for reasons to head North? Furs and bears. There might be primitive people living on the ice in the far north, hunting seals and other valuable things. It's a harsh land to raid, but it could yield great profits.

But bears are a whole other thing. The polar bear, if my sources are accurate, was considered very valuable, and a king would be overjoyed to recieve just one such pet in a lifetime. By a remarkable coincidence, I was looking through the atlas the other day, and came across a relatively small island far north of Norway called Bjornoya (Bear Island). I don't know if it has bears, or even if the seas are navigable in normal conditions, but a remote island in the far North is always good for adventure, right? Case in short: Get someone to commission a bear-capturing expedition for some political reason. When the PCs get back, the king their patron was aiming to please is dead - maybe the patron changed sides - and things are getting confusing...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads