Level Up (A5E) If it's not broke don't fix it

I find it hilarious that the bloke that has been the most vocal about dissing 5E on here for years, starts a thread called 'if it aint broke dont fix it'.

Maybe that's just me.
Yep. A lot of @CapnZapp posts were exactly on these topics. That a person like him advise caution in not going overboard speaks of wisdom and for itself. We do not want a new game based on 5ed, but a 5ed game with more crunch. From what I have seen on an other related thread , it will be a new ball game. That is not what I was expecting.

CapnZapp

Legend
I guess I am inscrutable that way.

Either that or I can see the difference between things that doesn't work well in 5E (and can be "upgraded" without losing any of the feel) and changes that just... changes the game into something that... isn't 5E.

Your choice!

(For me it's simple. If I don't care enough for a product I can't be bothered to criticize it. The fact I have found many instances where 5E needs a little r'n'r - or a lot - doesn't mean I think the edition is worthless. Quite the opposite!)

In fact, if Morrus magically delivered the finished product tomorrow, our group would probably move back to 5E from PF2 in an instant. Despite its far better support for monsters, challenging combat, and magic item pricing, PF2 is clearly (to me) the inferior product. There's just soo much... chaff.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases