• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you could revise Rolemaster?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Rasyr said:
Numion - I actuall had characters take Pole Vaulting, and use the skill. I often tended to play shorter races and use a stave of some sort, and any time we would come across a pit in the middle of a dungeon corridor or something like that, I was prepared. I couldn't jump far due to height, but I could pole vault across such obstacles..... :D

Yes, but what about Surfing?

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
Well, I've already made my "page flipping bad" comment related to combat.

(Here's a little more detail: I was in an RMSS campaign with 8 players, with a decent mix of arms, semi-casters, and full casters. In one memorable instance, myself and the player next to me in intiative order were able to play a complete game of MtG in one RM combat round. This is BAD, and the single biggest problem I have with the game.)

There are some additional minor problems, but others have mentioned those.

Here's what I *do* like:
  • The classes, and their mix. One of the problems that I have with HARP is that it's class list is too similar to d20.
  • The spell list/pick system. Again, HARP's one spell/skill isn't one I like.
  • I actually *liked* RMSS's skill system. Category/Skill/Specialization works really well, IMO.
  • The underlying game mechanics/theory. Prior to 3e, RM was (IMO) the best-built fantasy game on the market.

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
GuardianLurker, you need to make sure to attend the next Game Day in DC, so we can chat about this a bit in person :D

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
Rasyr said:
GuardianLurker, you need to make sure to attend the next Game Day in DC, so we can chat about this a bit in person :D

Love to. Except, somehow, the DC Game Days are always on my campaign day (and I mean that seriously). The email link should work if you want to ask more detailed questions off-line. If you're going to DragonCon, I may see you there, unless more wallet-draining happens.

Tommi

First Post
If you did it well perhaps you could have joint ventures with Fantasy Grounds said:
It would propably not be too hard to persuade them (Fantasy Grounds) to make RM or HARP stuff. One of FG boys is my first RM GM and two are players in my current HARP game. Basically the engine works now (if I've understood correctly) they'd just need to do some scripting or something.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads