Pathfinder 1E If you want High Dex melee -and- a choice in weapons, you're asking for WAY to much

Lady Chaomii

First Post
I'm always finding myself in situations where I'm making light armored, high Dex melee characters with low Strength. This wouldn't be so bad if the Rapier wasn't the only one-handed weapon that works with weapon finesse. Oh, there is another, THE WHIP; you know, the one one that can't even do any damage unless the target is practically naked?

Oh sure; everyone else gets to have hammers, axes, swords, even a bloody scyth. But nup. Chaomii, YOU have to have the Rapier, or else your character will be grossly under-utilized. If I am forced to have a character with a rapier one more time, I'm telling you, I will find the closest rapier, and shred the closest copy of Pathfinder rulebook with it.

Did I mention I hate rapiers with a passion? Long before I even started playing this game.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Any possible solutions? I have a dex fighter in LPF and could use as many good ideas as possible!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Nothing wrong with using a light weapon, is there? A throwing axe or light hammer doesn't have the crit threat range of the rapier, but ARE throwable, which is a nice thing for a dexterous PC.

The light pick has a big crit multiplier...

Or you could go with Nunchaku or Sai and disarm those heavier weapons from the hands of others.

Derfmancher

First Post
Red Mantis Assassin, FTW. Sawtooth Sabers, lots of bonus attack and damage. I played a tengu twf rouge that went RMA, he was one of the most fun characters I have played.

triqui

Adventurer
You can use elven curve blade, spiked chain, whip, kama, light pick, light mace, cestus, dagger, aldori longsword, light hammer, sawed sabre...

I guess you don't really expect to have a finesse morning star or great axe, do you?

Wycen

Explorer
The scorpion whip does lethal damage, but I forget which book it is in.

Are there any feats in Pathfinder that increase the damage a Finesse/Dex warrior can use to bump up their damage? Our ranger decided to go the two weapon fighting route and he sucks but nobody seems willing to admit it.

Remove ads