If you were in the Star Wars universe which side would you pick?

Which Side would you pick?

• The Resistance

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • The First Order

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jawa Curry

Votes: 6 42.9%

ccs

41st lv DM
What Academy?

You know, the one he talks about in IV, with Uncle Owen. They have a discussion about him postponing his application for another season. He wants to go train to be a pilot.
The same academy Biggs attended, made contacts with the Rebellion & jumped ship from ASAP.
The same one referenced by the Imperial recruiting posters in Solo.

And if you watch the deleted scenes of with Luke talking to Biggs from New Hope you'll clearly be told it's the Imperial academy.
The scenes are also referenced in the novelization of the movie (because the book was written before those scenes were cut) & the NPR radio drama of SW: ANH.

ccs

41st lv DM
The discussion between Luke & his uncle is the in the scene where they're having dinner (with the blue milk). End of the scene Luke storms off. Next scene he returns to the garage & finds out R2s gone AWOL.

Satyrn

First Post
The discussion between Luke & his uncle is the in the scene where they're having dinner (with the blue milk). End of the scene Luke storms off. Next scene he returns to the garage & finds out R2s gone AWOL.

I once knew Robocop that intimately. Wait. I said that poorly. I mean, yeah, you've clearly watched Star Wars more often than I have if you can comment on the color of the milk.

Zardnaar

Legend
Was the academy in Rebels as well I can't remember.

Anyway Luke wanted to join the Empire. The Empire controlled all the news outlets.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Was the academy in Rebels as well I can't remember.

Anyway Luke wanted to join the Empire. The Empire controlled all the news outlets.

And that makes it better? I mean okay. If they just control the media then that's cool. Nothing evil or corrupt to see here folks, they said so!

As Badwolf said, its in the name of the organization. Rebel Alliance. An alliance of rebel factions and cells. I am kind of surprised anyone from America could get that confused given that we had actual rebellions in our past. They were not called terrorists. Can you imagine if we started labeling the Confederacy as nothing but a band of terrorist states?

Zardnaar

Legend
We also got the war from the rebel PoV. The CSA formed an army and duked it out on the battlefield with political borders. They may not have been legitimate but they were a state actor. Rebels used guerrilla tactics, sure they are the good guys but any government in the world with an armed rebellion would probably call them terrorists. They are obviously the good guys but yeah calling them terrorists makes sense if you're pro imperial.

if you live in a totalitarian society most people go along with it , or flee. Very few fight.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases