IG's "Those Left Behind" [OOC-2]

industrygothica

Adventurer
I think so...though it'll make the summon pretty fragile at these levels, won't it? Or do standard zombies scale with level?

I wouldn't think so. Summoned creatures use the summoner's defenses, and have hit points equal to the summoner's bloodied value, so it'll be no easier to hit than you are, and can take a bit of damage to boot. Since the zombie will be using your attack bonus as well (CHA, I believe), it should have a good shot at hitting with it's typical grab-and-smash attacks.

Unless I'm just not seeing something, which is a good possibility.

-IG

jkason

First Post
Found the post:

scroll list

I believe we may have used one of the restorations when we were split up, but other than that I think we have everything else. I recall debating selling some of them, but because most of them had at least one spell we thought might come in handy, I think we kept them all. And wouldn't you know it? At least three fire spells. :)

In case the link doesn't work, copying from the post to here:

[sblock=Potions]
aid (potion) (300gp)
barkskin +4 (potion) (900gp)
bear's endurance (potion) (300gp)
bull's strength (potion) (300gp)
bull's strength (potion) (300gp)
cure moderate wounds (potion) (300gp)
darkvision (potion) (300gp)
endure elements (potion) (50gp)
enlarge person (potion) (250gp)
greater magic fang +2 (potion) (1,200gp)
greater magic weapon +3 (oil) (1,800gp)
hide from undead (potion) (50gp)
invisibility (potion or oil) (300gp)
invisibility (potion or oil) (300gp)
mage armor (potion) (50gp)
magic vestment +1 (oil) (750gp)
magic vestment +3 (oil) (1,800gp)
neutralize poison (potion) (750gp)
protection from arrows 10/magic (potion) (300gp)
protection from chaos (potion) (50gp)
protection from sonic (potion) (750gp)
shield of faith +4 (potion) (600gp)
tongues (potion) (750gp)
undetectable alignment (potion) (300gp)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Arcane Scrolls]
arcane scroll containing:
1. grease
2. fox's cunning
3. feather fall
1. open/close
2. flaming sphere
1. hypnotism
2. color spray
1. owl's wisdom
2. charm person
3. feather fall
1. ray of enfeeblement
2. obscuring mist
1. explosive runes
2. vampiric touch
3. lightning bolt
1. shadow walk
2. animal growth
3. shadow walk
1. prying eyes
2. mind fog
3. summon monster V
[/sblock]
[sblock=Divine Scrolls]
divine scroll containing:
1. dispel chaos
2. summon nature's ally IV
3. sleet storm
4. soften earth and stone
1. blade barrier
2. animate objects
3. earthquake
4. undeath to death
5. wall of fire
6. changestaff
1. remove curse
2. dismissal
3. wind wall
4. water walk
1. darkness
1. curse water
2. consecrate
1. contagion
2. obscuring mist
3. produce flame
1. dominate animal
2. magic circle against chaos
3. restoration
4. wind wall
1. create food and water
2. restoration
3. magic circle against evil
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
talk of and subsequent attempts to board up start here: link.

See, I figured you just forgot (I only remembered because I remembered being so creeped out by the sight), but didn't want to assume, since that's hardly safe, is it? ;)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Thanks Jason. Your research is top notch.

I think it's safe to say that, while you did barricade the opening, you didn't brick-and-mortar it; there's likely to be gaps here and there, some large enough to let in an underground breeze. It's not like a gust of wind or anything anyway, but more just a shifting of air. Or something...

-IG

jkason

First Post
Okay, I finally sat down and wrote out info on Shai's tribe in the new 4e setting, which I think fits well with how / why they got rid of him. Lemme know if it jibes for you and I'll add it to his Character post:

The Northern Barbarian Wastes are known for their harsh climates and harsher living. The tribes survive on weeding the weak from the strong. Ritual combat chooses each tribe's leaders, and annual challenges between the tribes establish the region's power structure. It's a tradition spanning back as far as they remember, and assuring that only the hardiest stock leads and produces the next generation.

At least, that's the story.

Certainly the power structure of the region is established by strength, but the Tchant'cos Mer, ruling tribe for generations, uses a strength for which their brethren have yet to find a counter: commerce.

Once they were no more than a nomadic scouting people scoffed at for not having the power to conquer and hold their own land. But while they couldn't stalk down a bear with only a hunting knife, they were especially good at laying traps. And eventually they laid those traps along the only trails out of the northern peninsula and into the more resource-rich southern lands.

Now only Tchant'cos Mer tribesman can safely traverse the trade routes south, and with their increased power and influence, soon all trade routes in the northern peninsula fell under their control, as well. It's become impossible for the brute tribes who previously lead to survive without the help of their 'lesser' kin.

So the ritual combat and annual challenges continue, and there's even an uncertainty to where many tribes will fall in the hierarchy. But the Tchan'cos Mer champion is always from the family with the greatest trade influence in his own tribe, and no one in the other tribes dares topple a Tchan'cos Mer champion.

Remove ads