[IK] Corvis U. Discreet Investigation & Retrieval Union: Last DM Post 1/8 14:45 EST

Blue_Genie

First Post
taitzu52 said:
Harlan sets foot on the lawn and lights up a rolled smoke with a dowel lit from a nearby lantern.
OOC: I apologize for not being clearer. The gate has iron bars and is closed, barring your way in. The lawn and the gaming house itself are over 100 yards away down a gravel path.

Krug

Newshound
"Drink and... and... 'getting lucky'. Is that all you men think about?" Marthasa frowned. She adjusted her great coat. She rings the bell near the gate.

Bobitron

Explorer
(OOC) I think I will follow the trend here, italics for thoughts, color for speech.

(IC)

"I hope we are not kept waiting for long. Having this book in our possession is making me a bit too nervous for my liking. I pray to Morrow this will be the last we see of it. Every man I see with black hair and a bushy mustache is a suspect, and I see assassins and brigands on every street corner!", Alain ends with a degree of light-heartedness, shifting the weight of his greatsword to his other shoulder.

Perhaps I should have left this behind, he mused. The Fusiliers have done fine work in this district. I must commend the Captain next time I see him.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Alaios O'Aodh, Human Sorcerer

Alaios rolls his eyes again and says "Well lets get this over with." and he reaches up and rings the bell...

Blue_Genie

First Post
Vendarl 2nd, Tempen 604 A.R.

The sound of the bell rings clearly in the cooling air. Across the quarter you can see lanterns being lit in houses, and shutters being pulled, preparing for night. Merchants close down the heavy gates of their store windows, and secure the last of their merchandise. Street vendors pack up their wares, putting them on carts or in large wicker baskets which they hoist onto their backs. As part of their daily routine, they are leaving this quarter, making their way north across the Orm Bridge to Merchantsburg and the Quad, where they might find a few more customers. To the west the sun has set behind the massive structure of the Courthouse, it's aging spires silhouetted by the waning light. Just to your north the last rays of the sun have colored the marble columns of the Church of Ascendant Shevann a light pink. Across Corvis, the evening fog begins to climb up from the Dragon’s Tongue and Black Rivers, muffling noise, and carrying with it the smell of coal and wood fire.
As you stand and wait, a small lantern appears from around a corner of a nearby house. In the gathering darkness it is hard to make out specifics, but its beam of light moves back and forth erratically, swinging to and fro.

OOC: The cart is currently 50 feet away. Spot checks! I rolled for everyone. Only highlight the section that pertains to you, or you’ll spoil the fun! ;)

Alaios, Cormyck and Harlan: In the half-light it is hard to make out details, and the fog refracts the light of the lantern, obscuring your view. You do notice that it is coming toward you at a walking pace and is making a creaking noise.

Alanna, Mertashan, Alain, and Jackson:
The lanterns seems to be attached to a wheeled cart (the source of the creaking) of some kind, which is being pushed by a hooded figure.

Alain, and Jackson only:
You can barely make out the face of a man underneath the hood. He seems to be looking at you with eager anticipation. You also detect the smell of cooking meat coming from the push cart.

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
"Ahh, that smells wonderful! Has everyone eaten? If the gate is not answered soon, I may have to partake of this good man's wares."

Alain rubs his hands together, having missed the evening meal while in prayer.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Alaios O'Aodh, Human Sorcerer

Bobitron said:
"Ahh, that smells wonderful! Has everyone eaten? If the gate is not answered soon, I may have to partake of this good man's wares."

Alain rubs his hands together, having missed the evening meal while in prayer.

Alaios shrugs his shoulder and keeps looking at the gate, waiting for nobles to come out

Krug

Newshound
Marthasa bows slightly to the Church of Ascendant Shevann. "There is... a hooded figure approaching, on a wagon" Marthasa says, trying to see if she can see it more clearly. She waits for its approach. "Who is there?" she says so the hooded figure can hear.

Slippshade

First Post
Alanna Morwyn (2 lvl Gun Mage/1 lvl Arcane Mechanik)

"Drink and... and... 'getting lucky'. Is that all you men think about?" Marthasa frowned. She adjusted her great coat. She rings the bell near the gate.

Alanna chuckled at Marthasa’s comment.

“They are men, Marthasa, of course that is all they think about. Honestly this place looks like it could be a lot of fun." Alanna nudges Harlen. “As soon as our business is complete maybe we can hit the tables for a few wagers.” Alanna flashes him a quick smile.

Marthasa bows slightly to the Church of Ascendant Shevann. "There is... a hooded figure approaching, on a wagon" Marthasa says, trying to see if she can see it more clearly. She waits for its approach. "Who is there?" she says so the hooded figure can hear.

Alanna had noticed him as well. Instinctually she lowered her right hand to touch the mother of pearl handle of her magelock pistol. She always felt a little more aware when in contact with it. The crisp evening air was cooler, the smell of coal and wood fire more pungent, the fog a little less concealing. It was if she was missing a part of herself when she wasn’t in contact with it. Alanna was far from paranoid, but the recent events had made her a little skittish.

Last edited:

Remove ads