[IK] Corvis U. Discreet Investigation & Retrieval Union: Last DM Post 1/8 14:45 EST

Blue_Genie

First Post
Vendarl 2nd, Tempen 604 A.R.

Even though you have rung the bell twice, nobody has appeared at the gate so far. You do notice there is movement inside the gatehouse, and what seems to be the noise of furniture being moved around.

As the light approaches you down the street, you can now clearly make out that it is a food vendor pushing a small, enclosed cart. The lamp attached to the front of it swings back and forth he makes his way over the cobbled streets. The smell of roasting meat proceeds him.

"Good evenin' ladies and gents. May I entice you to try some of my delectable meats? I've also got some lovely hard-boiled eggs as well as dried whitefish and haddock and some boiled new potatoes which I just dug out of me garden this morning. Couldn't be any fresher!" As he is speaking, he puts the cart down and pushes the hood from his face, revealing a quintissentially Midlunder visage. He looks expectantly at each of you.

"You'll probably have to wait a wee bit before they let you lot in there," he says, pointing though the bars of the gate. "The main crowd doesn't arrive until after final bells. The trollykins probably aren't expecting anyone this early. Why not satisfy your appetite while you wait?"

As he waits for your response, he opens a panel in the covered cart, and produces a few cured fish tied together with wire.

Slippshade

First Post
Alanna Morwyn (2 lvl Gun Mage/1 lvl Arcane Mechanik)

Alanna let out a breath she hadn’t even noticed she had been holding and relaxed a bit, though her hand didn’t stray very far from her pistol.

“Thank you kindly for your information good sir, unfortunately I have already partaken of my evening meal. Could you tell me anything more about this establishment? This is my first time here.” Alanna brushes back a stray lock of her wavy, shoulder length, blonde hair and tucks it behind her ear giving the vender her prettiest smile.

Last edited:

Blue_Genie

First Post
The vendor's face immediately brightens thanks to Alanna's kind attention (OOC: No Diplomacy skill check needed since he was already "Friendly").

"Aye, I should have known you weren't from around here, young lady" he winks, "that Ordic accent does give you away."

Clearing his throat he points through the gate again, "That there is the Sar-Ra-Tu House of Games, of the Gaming House some blokes call it. It's run by a retired merchant whose name escapes me. All I know is that he's wealthy as sin. Pretty much any game of chance you can name can be had there, and anything else can be wagered on as well. As you can see, it's a pretty hoity-toity place." He gives you all a quick look-over, "But it doesn't look like all of ye will have any problems getting in."

He continues, "It was closed down during the recent troubles, but it seems to have opened again in the past few weeks."

"Are you sure I can't interest any of you fine ladies and gentlemen in some delectable victuals?"

OOC: P.S., there's a longer post over on our OOC/Recruiting thread.

Karl Green

First Post
Alaios O'Aodh, human sorcerer

Turn in disgust from the gate, Alaios says "Aye, I be a taken one of yer roasted 'tatoes... what would I own ya?"

Last edited:

Blue_Genie

First Post
The vendor turns to his cart, lifting up a side-flap and placing supports under it, creating a kind of counter. "Er, they be boiled potatoes, master, not roasted. But I'll let you have them for only three farthings." He next opens a small side door and pulls out a carved wooden bowl, which he places on the newly-created counter. Next he reaches over to the far side of his cart and opens a hinged-metal lid. Steam comes billowing up as he reaches into a pot with his bare hands, and quickly picks out 5 small, boiled potatoes, dropping them in the waiting bowl. You can see there are bits of parsely stuck to them.

He wipes his hands on a rag tied to this belt, and moves away from the counter so that Alaois can get to it. "Will there be anything else, sir?

Bobitron

Explorer
"Good man, I will take some of those potatoes. What meat are you serving today? It smells wonderful!"

Alain rubs his hands together in anticipation of the meal.

"Did you spend much time in the area during the troubles? I have only recently arrived, but I can imagine it must have been difficult for those of you making your way on these streets. Praise Morrow, it seems to have settled down well in this area. Have the gang troubles extended this far?"

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:

Slippshade

First Post
Alanna Morwyn (2 lvl Gun Mage/1 lvl Arcane Mechanik)

"Thank you kindly for the information," Alanna flashes the vender another smile and turns her attention back towards the house.

She was feeling a bit underdressed for the occasion. Leather armour and an armoured greatcoat, would stick out like a sore thumb in this place, let alone the three obvious pistols she carried. The two holsters hugging her hips carried her prized magelock military pistol and the Clockwerk Arms Pepperbox. The monster iron she kept holstered to her thigh was a Radcliffe Quad-Iron. Hidden in her gillowing sleaves was her suprise, a spring operated wrist loader with a small pistol. Slung over her shoulder was a sack obviously containing some kind if book. It was an unused spellbook of hers, just incase they were ambushed again and needed a decoy. Alanna's hair was tied back into a pony tail, with only a few loose strands that occasionally fell in front of her face. She pursed her lips and squinted towards the house. Standing out here in the open was beginning to bother her.

"I do hope they open soon."

(ooc) Who has the book at the moment. I get the feeling that knowledge may come in handy later? (/ooc)

Blue_Genie

First Post
The older man turns to Alain, "They are roasted lamb shanks on a spit, if you're interested sir, and cost a Halfshield. Me wife cooked them this evening, and I've already eaten more than my share. They're quite good."

He continues, "Well, I actually live on a farm outside the walls, and only come into the city at night to sell a few things. You know, the wife wants a new dress for Tempenfest, and bolts of cloth don't grow on trees. So I avoided most of the nastiness of the past few months, thank Morrow, praise be his holy name." When he says his he makes a quick hand gesture of penitance.

He takes a quick look around to make sure no one else is in earshot, and says in a quieter tone, "Oh, I had some of my cattle stolen by those Inquisition nobheads. Just came onto my land and demanded it, so what could I do?" He harumphs and clears his throat.

OOC: For simplicity's sake, I'm going to say that Harlan has the book, since he has the highest strength. What an interesting group, when the highest strength in the group if 14! I better make myself a note, not to throw too many stuck doors in your way, otherwise you might not get anywhere ;)

Bobitron

Explorer
Alain

"Well, I will have some of that lamb, thank you. I'm glad to hear that you and yours have been well despite the recent... ahh... challenges, Morrow be praised."

Alain looks towards the gate, hoping he had a moment to eat before heading inside.

"If all could say they came through these times with all limbs and family safe, my heart would be much lighter. I just pray that the Cathedral's former glory is restored in a timely manner. To torch the house of Morrow, what a travesty!"

Edit:spelling

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Marthasa says "I'll have some of that lamb as well, and a potatoe. Hopefully this coin will help purchase a new dress for your wife." She was sick of ship board food, and the smell from the card whetter her appetite. I certainly hope they let us in soon. A solid bed that does not rock or move under you. Yes, that would be good.

Remove ads