• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IK] Corvis U. Discreet Investigation & Retrieval Union: Last DM Post 1/8 14:45 EST

Blue_Genie

First Post
OOC: Just to make sure you understand, the guards are saying that just ONE of you has to be a member. The others can come in as his/her guest. Sorry I didn't make that clearer. Feel free to change a previous post if that changes your reaction.

taitzu52

First Post
Harlan backs away from the door to discuss business with his compatriots. "See?!?! I guess it IS my lucky night! Well then, are we all pitching in?" Harlan thumbs through his coin, ready to strike whatever deal his mates are willing to make to get this book out from under his belt, literally. Hiding it back behind his coat is pinching him ever so.

Karl Green

First Post
Alaios O'Aodh, human sorcerer

Alaios makes a noise deep in his throat and says "Well I can toss in 10 crowns iffin' I must. But that be about all me saving... we best be a getttin' paid sometime soon or I be a livin' out on the streets, I will"

Bobitron

Explorer
Alain weighs his purse in his hand.

"I will happily add my coin toward the membership. 10 Crowns. Perhaps the University will reimburse us at a later date..."

He pulls out the coins and hands them to Harlan.

"So which of you ruffians would like to be the member? I have little desire to waste my coin on gambling and spirits."

Krug

Newshound
Marthasa flatly refuses. "I do not see the point of joining into this venture. 10 Crowns can feed a family for an age, and furthermore we will not be here long. I will not waste valuable coin on an entertainment for a few hours at most."

Karl Green

First Post
Alaios O'Aodh, human sorcerer

Nodding his head, Alaios says to Marthasa "I'd rather I give all me coin to the poor, then give my trash to these scum... but we needs to see this lady and get rid of this book, and it appear the only way to be a doing that is to pay these bandits."

Bobitron

Explorer
"Come now, friends. I'm sure these gentlemen are just doing their job. This establishment has rules just like any other, and a private club has every right to charge a membership fee."

Alain looks to his companions, gesturing at the rapidly darkening sky.

"We did make a commitment to meeting Edrea here, and I mean to keep that appointment. Now come, night is falling and time is short. I know I would feel better once relieved of our burden, and I'm certain Harlan would agree.", Alain said with a sideways wink at Harlan.

Krug

Newshound
"I am not here to gamble. We are here by invitation of one of your members," Marthasa stares at one of the trollkin. "I wish to see your manager now. If he denies a Priest of Morrow, I am sure the coffers of this house will empty overnight." She says, her voice unwavering and with full conviction.

Blue_Genie

First Post
The lead trollkin gives the priestess a bemused look and snorts, "Now, now, Churchie, no need to get your knickers in a twist. Which member are ye lookin to be meetin here?"

Krug

Newshound
"The lady Edrea Lloryrr, find her for us will you good trollkin?" Marthasa replied, almost ready to slap the insolent dolt.

Remove ads