• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IK] Corvis U. Discreet Investigation & Retrieval Union: Last DM Post 1/8 14:45 EST

Slippshade

First Post
Alanna Morwyn

Alanna whole body tenses at Edrea's comment, her right hand reaching for her magelock pistol and her left grasping the sack on the table.

Tieing the sack to her belt, she scans the room again looking for trouble.

"The message we recieved was supposedly from you. It said you had information on the Professor. I think we need to get out of here...fast. This is a setup."

Alanna draws her pistol, but keeps it hidden in her greatcoat. Again her senses seem to come alive when her hand touches the handle of her gun.(ooc: Alertness Feat from bonded Magelock pistol). She raises from her seat and not taking her eyes from the room, directs a question at Edrea.

"Do you know a way out of here, other than the front door?"

(ooc) Heh, Karl beat me to the its a trap line. :D (/ooc)

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
"Right. Time to get to the bottom of this..."

Alain draws one pistol, keeping tight to his body to avoid drawing attention form the other patrons.

"Harlan, keep an eye on that door."

"Edrea, who told you to meet us here?"

Alain's eyes rapidly scan the other occupants of the room, looking for anyone who might be paying too much attention to the group.

Blast it, why did I get involved in this? I should have expected something was amiss the moment that message arrived.

taitzu52

First Post
(OOC-Dang, a late post after BG's response!)

Harlan tightens the belt that is holding the book to his back with one hand. The other reaches down and draws his pistol. "Damn, they caught up! Shoulda known these dreks wouldn't give up so easy." Usually being the one to clear a path, Harlan holds back considering what he's protecting. He scans the staircase they just came down, looking for any familiar faces, while he allows his companions to look for an exit.

Blue_Genie

First Post
It's Clobberin' Time

Harland stand in the doorway, looking out at the door you came in. He can hear somebody making an awful racket on the other side of the door, and the sound of muffled screams.

OOC: Welcome to our first IK Combat!

INITIATIVE ORDER:
Edrea Lloryrr (E): 21
Harlan Baylentis (H): 18
Khadoran (K2): 15-first
Khadoran (K4): 15-second
Jackson Bainbridge (J): 14
Alaois O’Aodh (AO): 12-first
Alain Caldwallow (AC): 12-second
Cormyck diTrivassi (C): 11
Khadoran (K1): 7
Martashan Leharin (M): 5
Alanna Morwyn (AM): 3-first
Khadoran (K3): 3-second

COMBAT MAP
(Large file: 400K)

Just a few reminders.
1) I know I said that I'd like to try posting three combat turns at a time. Since this is my first PbP game, however, I'm feeling a little insecure about this, and have changed my mind. Please post one turn at a time. If this doesn't work well, or this takes too long, we can always run the next combat differently.
2) Feel free to post out of initiative order, as this might speed things up. If you do this, however, note that your actual actions will take place in the pre-determined initiative order, including speech (or any other Free actions)! This means that even if a person shouted something of vital importance and posted this before you, you can't react or take advantage of the information if you're initiative point is before theirs. You'll have to wait until next round).
3) Most of you have been surprised by the Khadorans, and will not get to do anything during the Surprise Round (except be flat-footed). Harlan and Cormyck are the only two who can take actions during the Surprise Round; Harlan because he stated that he was watching the entrance, and Cormyck, but he is (hopefully) sneaking up from behind.
4) All of your locations are noted on the map. If you have trouble reading the map for any reason, please let me know and I will try to make adjustments. I can also email you the map if that makes it easier. All of you are represented by a green letter for your character's first name. CORMYCK, YOU ARE REPRESENTED BY A “C” BUT ARE ACTUALLY LOCATED 50 FEET BEHIND THE CLOSEST KHADORAN. AS YOU ARE ON THE SPIRAL STAIRCASE, YOU ARE OUT OF THEIR LINE OF SIGHT. Because we have three "A" names, those get two letters (first and last name). The Khadorans are a red "K" and the other patrons are a purple "B".
5) Note that each square on the map is represented by a letter and a number, located on the bottom and left of the map. Feel free to use these like in chess to let me know where you're moving to.
6) There is no weird terrain in this room. Each square represents 5 feet. The floors of the two larger fighting pits are located 10' below the surface of the rest of the room. The cockfighting pit (located in the SE of the room) is at floor level and surrounded by a 5-foot wooden fence. Remember that you can move diagonally, but that every other diagonal square you go through (starting with the second one) costs 10' (or 2 squares) of movement.
7) If you have any comments/questions/improvements, please let me know!
8) Have fun!

Remember that only Harlan, Cormyck and the Khadorans can act during this Surprise Round (and only take either a move or standard action).

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
"Treachery!" Marthasa draws her gun and looks for cover to duck behind. She will take out her gun and fire at the closest enemy within reach.

Last edited:

Khairn

First Post
As Cormyck followed them down the stairs, his hands moved on their own, confirming that his pistols and baton were all in place. Wiping off any moisture from his hand on leather pants, he gently drew his military pistol from its holster and steadied his breathing.

This is turnin into a bloody mess, Cormyck thought as he listened in the hope of picking up the sounds of his targets. He knew his best hope was to remain hidden yet be able to attack with surprise once the Khadorans made their move. That tall Khadoran bastard was in fer a wee surprise.

<ooc>
Cormyck is trying to remain as silent as possible so that he will be able to take them from behind with surprise. So his action in the "Surprise Round" is to move ahead quietly.

Blue_Genie

First Post
Krug said:
The map didn't load for me. Perhaps remove the spaces and other non-alphabaetical words in the filename? You can also attach images to your posts.
I changed the name, hopefully that should fix the problem. Let me know if you're still having trouble.

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Alain scowls. Well, forget keeping this discreet. At least this room is large enough to manuver in. Hopefully I can get these bystanders out of here. He draws his greatsword, planting its tip on the floor while holding the hilt in his left hand. He aims his pistol towards the door, ready to fire if anyone enters.

"All of you get out of here! Leave through that door!" , he states firmly and with authority, loud enough so that all the patrons in the room can hear him. He points towards the exit furthest from the party. I hope Cormyck can handle things up there on his own.

(OOC: I hope to get a shot off with my pistol before needing to enter close combat. If it speeds things up, I will drop my pistol to the ground after firing in order to ready my sword. I'm not too sharp on the drawing weapon rules, and I don't have the books with me now. My focus in the combat is to keep the Khadorans away from Edrea, I'm not certain how well she can handle herself.)

Blue_Genie

First Post
Bobitron said:
Alain scowls. Well, forget keeping this discreet. At least this room is large enough to manuver in. Hopefully I can get these bystanders out of here. He draws his greatsword, planting its tip on the floor while holding the hilt in his left hand. He aims his pistol towards the door, ready to fire if anyone enters.

"All of you get out of here! Leave through that door!" , he states firmly and with authority, loud enough so that all the patrons in the room can hear him. He points towards the exit furthest from the party. I hope Cormyck can handle things up there on his own.

(OOC: I hope to get a shot off with my pistol before needing to enter close combat. If it speeds things up, I will drop my pistol to the ground after firing in order to ready my sword. I'm not too sharp on the drawing weapon rules, and I don't have the books with me now. My focus in the combat is to keep the Khadorans away from Edrea, I'm not certain how well she can handle herself.)
Basically, what you are doing is drawing your sword (a move action) and readying an action to fire at any enemy coming into view. As your initiative point is after two of the Khadorans, you might not even have to ready the action and may be just able to fire. I'm also assuming that you're moving from your current location a bit, just to give yourself room to swing that big sword of yours. Since your BAB is +3, you can make a make a move and draw your weapon in the same action.

Last edited:

Remove ads