D&D 5E Ill advised characters

Stormonu

Legend
Recently had a monk character whose highest ability score was an 12. Not only did he survive for a good while (he had low enough hit points one good hit would have killed him), for a while because of my tactics, as best I could tell he was contributing the most to our combats. Unfortunately, he died while saving another PC and when making his second death save, rolled a nat 1.

Right now, I currently have a dwarf rogue I used Beyond to randomly roll up (everything except race randomly generated). His Strength is higher than his Dex, and who is a bit of coward. This lead to me using him where he runs in, stabs someone, then runs back away to cover without a chance of him being hit. He's now 4th level, has an AC of 12, and hasn't taken a hit point of damage yet.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I played a non-hexblade warlock specifically built around fire and flame spells up to level 15. I got a lot of naughty word for not optimizing him from two other players... until those fireballs and flame strikes started to drop.

I had a wizard/barbarian. Reached level 12, and only 2 levels in barbarian. But he could rage. Cast spell, bonus action rage. Cracked me up every time. Rage was mostly a defensive trick to take half damage. The guy had 16 CON so quite a decent HP (good INT, CON, STR, the rest was mediocre or a dump-stat). Unarmored defense was nice to have too.

Bonus action stop-raging, and back to wizarding/spell casting was also hilarious... and actually very useful.

Remove ads