D&D General Illithid exist in the Star Wars universe?

Mister-Kent

Explorer
The character was probably referring to the interrogator squid creature from Rogue One, which is pretty close to being a "mundane" mindflayer.

Edit: Those are apparently known as "mairan"

I would assume that it's a torture device that flays the mind, perhaps similar to what Han endured on Bespin. Or, you know, like the original release of Cats.

The Empire is extremely xenophobic and racist (they are space nazis, after all). They generally do not employ non-humans. Grand Admiral Thrawn and the ESB bounty hunters are the exception proving the rule. I highly doubt that something like an Illithid would be acceptable to the Empire.

Oofta

Legend
Yeah, I know it's just cross-cultural appropriation of a label which is something the article makes clear.

But it would be a way to introduce The Force psionics into D&D. Besides, I want my light saber back.

Nebulous

Legend
When I wanted a crew of mind flayers a few years back, I added some green stuff putty to the star wars Quarren which look just like a flayer. The left one is a 2004 mini, the right 2008 (it's not modded).

LH3sQUG.jpg

I am thinking about a torture machin, or a parasite no-sentient creature, nothing about an octopus-face humanoid.

A wink for Hasbro? I wonder about Disney wanted a new space opera franchice, to avoid more troubles with SW fandom. Hasbro knows a Spelljammer, Star*Drive or Star Frontiers movie by Disney would be the best advertising for Hasbro franchises, but now this is working with Universal Studios.

Nebulous

Legend
I am thinking about a torture machin, or a parasite no-sentient creature, nothing about an octopus-face humanoid.

A wink for Hasbro? I wonder about Disney wanted a new space opera franchice, to avoid more troubles with SW fandom. Hasbro knows a Spelljammer, Star*Drive or Star Frontiers movie by Disney would be the best advertising for Hasbro franchises, but now this is working with Universal Studios.

A Spelljammer cartoon series on a cable network would be amazing.

Remove ads