• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"I'm a [BLANK] kid!"

R_J_K75

Legend
First comic I can remember buying, ASM 245

Attachments

• AMS 245.jpg
    AMS 245.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 10

aco175

Legend
I recently noticed the Binge TV channel on my TV and they were playing Greatest American Hero reruns. I watched 6 episodes over the weekend.

1716474733647.png
1716474770417.png

Arnie_Wan_Kenobi

Aspiring Trickster Mentor
I'm a:
raced-home-to-watch-"Transformers"-and-"GI Joe"-after-school-before-homework,
we-pirated-cable because-no-one-ever-turned-off-the-coax-running-from-the-box,
I-read-AD&D-first-edition-but-played-2nd-edition,
my-gaming-consoles-were-Colecovision-and-NES,
bought-comics-from-the-7/11-spinner-rack-AND-the-brand-new-comic/card-shop
kid.

(Okay, more than 3. But those two decades were a hell of a time to be a kid/young adult.)

R_J_K75

Legend
we-pirated-cable because-no-one-ever-turned-off-the-coax-running-from-the-box,
My mother worked for Cable Scope, a local cable company, and we got free cable including all the premium channels; which back then was probably 27 in total. She worked second shift and being latch key kids we were left alone from the time we got home from school until she got home after midnight. We watched everything she told us not to and never had to worry about scrambled channels. My how times have changed...

Speaking of cable, I hated having to hook up that stupid converter to play Atari 2600 or disconnect it to watch cable. Pretty sure back then you couldn't have your cable and Atari hooked up at the same time, at least on our TV; and the splitter wires were always mangled and on the verge of falling off.

Speaking of cable, I hated having to hook up that stupid converter to play Atari 2600 or disconnect it to watch cable. Pretty sure back then you couldn't have your cable and Atari hooked up at the same time, at least on our TV; and the splitter wires were always mangled and on the verge of falling off.

My house must have been more high tech than I remember, because we had one of these fancy RF splitters with a manual switch:

But it was on the physical back of the television (CRT with a large box but small screen) so for a long time I couldn't reach it by myself, and needed an adult to switch it for me.

I didn't watch channel 3 much, but the TV was on that station a lot :p

R_J_K75

Legend
My house must have been more high tech than I remember, because we had one of these fancy RF splitters with a manual switch:

But it was on the physical back of the television (CRT with a large box but small screen) so for a long time I couldn't reach it by myself, and needed an adult to switch it for me.

I didn't watch channel 3 much, but the TV was on that station a lot :p
Thats the converter I was thinking of. I'm not sure why I thought you couldn't have the two hooked up at the same time, maybe it was because we had a small B&W that we were shunned to at time to play and had to constantly re-hook up the splitter. Probably why it was all frayed and torn. I seem to recall having to replace that thing more than a few times.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads